Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window...

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm not sure i'd want BWP either. Le Fondre would be a good shout. Not sure we would have that kind of money to spend though.

Still a RB, CB and creative type midfielder are priority for us.

Reason
    RB - Francis is still shocking and with Solly still unfit we need a decent permanent player. Having a RB loan is no point as we aren't even try Seip.
    CB - A decent player to play alongside Dailley would give the team a huge boost in confidence. I liked Doherty but he does make some bizarre errors for such an experienced player
    Midfielder - Semedo and Racon can play defensively but bringing other players into the game is not their strong points and their not very creative. Wouldn't get rid of either player but a bit of a brain in the middle of the park would also do us a world of good.

Our strikers i feel if given the right service would score more. Benson can finish but currently has scraps to feed off, plus a confidence dent. Abbott i think would score if we put the ball on his head in the box. Anyinsah is fast and can create and shoot but is always injured so maybe a cover there. Sodje i like but again is always injured so maybe a replacement for him too. Martin - don't know what to do with this guy. So much potential but tries to be too flash. If he were to calm down a bit and pick out simple options i think he could be exactly what we need.
  • Options
    Morrison to Fulham is the very loud rumour, and Austin in for him
  • Options
    After thinking about this a bit more I'd like a creative midfielder who can play on the right and in the middle if needed. A right sided Andy Reid type of player, a different type of player to Wagstaff to give him some real competition. Our strikers and midfielders will score with good service especially from crosses. We don't have a midfielder that we can rely on to consistently create chances.

Another option up front would be useful with Anyinsah's injury problems. Someone that would complement the strikers we already have.

Like Madz said I don't know where that leaves Martin. If there was a poll on here for his best position I don't think there would be a clear answer.

Defensively it depends on what happens with Fortune, Fry, Solly and Seip. Could possibly need one or two defenders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Back to subject... we need:

LB who is solid and experienced
    CM who can carry the ball and drive forward with passing/movement
    ST of the anyinsah pacey ilk who can stay fit

Might also need a short term in goal... concussions are strange things and I gather Ross Worner was questionable today after an injury in training yesterday

Plus... no departures please!

On the departures front, I see the loans of both Fry and Seip end after tomorrow's game v Swindon.

No talk I've seen anywhere of an extension for either of them. Perhaps it will be on the agenda when Parky meets the chairman for the first time tomorrow - or possibly the new owners think they can let them both go as they intend to bring in better players?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Strikers get you promoted. Morrison, Beckford, Holt did it last season.

I reckon we'll get a striker in this window, the new owners want championship football next season

They all scored a lot of goals but the midfields of their respective teams created a lot of chances for them.

Our strikers will score if they get the service. I'm not saying I'd turn down some of the names suggested but, if we need to prioritise, midfield creativity is where we need to strengthen.

I've said it a few times now I know but the Walsall goalkeeper didn't have a save to make. Not all the fault of the strikers by any means.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Back to subject... we need:

LB who is solid and experienced
    CM who can carry the ball and drive forward with passing/movement
    ST of the anyinsah pacey ilk who can stay fit

Might also need a short term in goal... concussions are strange things and I gather Ross Worner was questionable today after an injury in training yesterday

Plus... no departures please!

On the departures front, I see the loans of both Fry and Seip end after tomorrow's game v Swindon.

No talk I've seen anywhere of an extension for either of them. Perhaps it will be on the agenda when Parky meets the chairman for the first time tomorrow - or possibly the new owners think they can let them both go as they intend to bring in better players?

I hope we keep Fry even if, by the accounts on here, he was poor on Saturday. Overall he has done well this season in my view.
  • Options
    Agree on keeping Fry, he's only played poorly two or three times all season... the only problem is when he has a poor game or he makes a mistake, he doesn't seem to ever get away with it and the other side seem to target him effectively and score goals directly as a result... colchester's 2nd on saturday reminded me of dagenham's last-gasp equaliser at the Valley.

As for Seip... who knows. His future (or lack of) will depend on what he's done in training as I don't think he's played a minute for us?

My departures wish was more reflective of a desire to see the squad built upon solidly, and not diluted and then brought back up to an even keel or just above.

We cannot afford to lose any key players
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Football Rumours is at it again , here's the latest selection

01 Jan 2011 01:05:46
    Charlton athletic
    charlie adam 1.2m

This one "link" sums up that site.....totally absurd.

Exactly. If you see a few spelling errors from someone linking us with the likes of Adam, Brendan Wright Phillips (his spelling) and Danny Kedwell, then it's Acworth.
  • Options
    Isn't Lee Martin's loan up too? Ipswich refused permission for him to play in FA Cup didn't they? Why would they get a say if he was on a season loan?

Hasn't done enough (bar Peterboro away) to earn an extension IMO.
  • Options
    I hope we keep Siep and Fry.

Siep should be starting for us if he is fir enough to play, either at CB or RB.

Matt Fry has played very well since joining us and he is clearly going to be a decent footballer. However, he has a column in one of the Dartford/Gravesend papers and it seems although he is enjoying playing for us he can't wait wait to get back to West Ham as he thinks he can get into their first XI.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ahh it seems fry may well be another footballer too big for his boots , shame he could have made a very good player at this level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I hope we keep Siep and Fry.

Siep should be starting for us if he is fir enough to play, either at CB or RB.

Matt Fry has played very well since joining us and he is clearly going to be a decent footballer. However, he has a column in one of the Dartford/Gravesend papers and it seems although he is enjoying playing for us he can't wait wait to get back to West Ham as he thinks he can get into their first XI.
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]ahh it seems fry may well be another footballer too big for his boots , shame he could have made a very good player at this level.

This could be the case, although if I were him I'd be thinking the same. West Ham have a lot of injuries at the moment, especially at the back. They played four central defenders across the back in one game recently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]ahh it seems fry may well be another footballer too big for his boots , shame he could have made a very good player at this level.

yeah he should settle for being happy at the lower level , just like some of our fans do
  • Options
    Turn it in, he's been at West Ham since the age of 11 and at the moment they have consistently had injuries all season at full back particularly and Gold is just about to attempt to decimate the freebie/loan/budget market... he's having a go at reminding them he's still around and up for it

Any player worth their salt who is out on loan at a lower level is likely to give it the old "I want to prove my worth and hopefully go back and nail down a first-team place" line... they are a PL team! (for now at least)

Ps. He is a good player at this level! He could make a good player at a higher level!
  • Options
    Fry just said on Twitter he has no idea where he'll be after tomorrows game

Doesn't seem at all Billy big spuds to me
  • Options
    Good luck to Matt Fry if he's going back to West Ham.

Not the most diplomatic thing to sound off about his desire to return in one of our local papers! But it's right that he should be loyal to his parent club and be ambitious to break into their first team squad.

He's played well for us (apart from last game) and let's hope he can go out with a win v Swindon.
  • Options
    If West Ham did want him back this season why did they allow him to be Cup tied ?

I thought that Fry was one of these 'Youth loans' and could have been recalled at 24 hours notice after the first month . He can't play in the FA Cup for them and there are no Prem games for the Hammers after this Wednesday for ten days so why deprive him of a chance to play against Spurs
  • Options
    Everyone seems to be of the opinion we need a central midfield player who has vision, can pass and is comfortable running with the ball. I completely disagree, we could have 5 players like that in the center of midfield and it wont make a blind bit of difference. Unless we change the manager or the style in which we play, a center midfield player like that will cost a lot of money and will be completely wasted. He will spend 85% of the game watching the ball go backwards and forwards 40ft over his head. If we are going to keep everything the same we need a Crouch type figure up front with two pacy forwards playing off of him. Play just 3 in the middle (we bypass it anyway) then just aim it to the tall forward and see what scraps the two pacy ones get left.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]ahh it seems fry may well be another footballer too big for his boots , shame he could have made a very good player at this level.[/quote]

yeah he should settle for being happy at the lower level , just like some of our fans do[/quote]

West Ham can't have too much confidence in him, seeing as they have approached Man City re Bridges and offered to pay his full £80k plus weekly wages, City have knocked him back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Everyone seems to be of the opinion we need a central midfield player who has vision, can pass and is comfortable running with the ball. I completely disagree, we could have 5 players like that in the center of midfield and it wont make a blind bit of difference. Unless we change the manager or the style in which we play, a center midfield player like that will cost a lot of money and will be completely wasted. He will spend 85% of the game watching the ball go backwards and forwards 40ft over his head. If we are going to keep everything the same we need a Crouch type figure up front with two pacy forwards playing off of him. Play just 3 in the middle (we bypass it anyway) then just aim it to the tall forward and see what scraps the two pacy ones get left.

I like it that you're saying "we", Uncle!