Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Battle of the Bands

The Temptations v The Four Tops

Aztec Camera v the Arctic Monkeys

The Faces or the Small Face

Black Uhuru v UB40

Comments

• Options
    Jeez hardly know any of them.

Four Tops
    & UB40

The rest Fug nose
  • Options
    How can you be a DJ and not know who the Temptations were? Funky before there was funk. Aint too proud to beg, papa was a rolling stone, etc, etc
  • Options
    Sorry to break your rules ...

Aztec Camera, Arctic Monkeys, Small Faces.

Bored by the others and hate U*40
  • Options
    I have heard of the Temptations just thought Four Tops were better. The only other group I knew was UB40 therefore they win that one by default.
  • Options
    I'll let you off then Ketman. :-)
  • Options
    love aztec camera, so can't choose between them and arctic monkeys

"somewhere in my heart, there is a star that shines for you"
  • Options
    I obviously need to re-think this.

Abba v Beatles

Queen v Sex Pistols

Blur v s club 7

Monkees v the who
  • Options
    beatles
    queen
    blur
    the who
  • Options
    Suzi - have you got "High Land, Hard Rain" their debut album - aprt from Somewhere In My Heart, it contains all their best stuff - one of my all time favourite albums.

Saw Roddy Frame a couple of years ago at Ronnie Scots and at the end he performed SIMH and four or five off from High Land, Hard Rain. His last solo album is pretty good too.
  • Options
    Abba Sex Pistols Blur Monkees
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    erm...god knows what the album is, my mum and dad used to play it in the car, and me and my brother used to sing along to it. same with fairground attraction!

i have an album with what looks like a carousel, is it love?
  • Options
    Abba
    Sex Pistols
    S Club 7 (LOL)
    The Who
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]erm...god knows what the album is, my mum and dad used to play it in the car, and me and my brother used to sing along to it. same with fairground attraction!

i have an album with what looks like a carousel, is it love?

Cool parents. How old are they if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    my dad is 55 this year and mum is 60 this year.

she listens to xfm and has every muse album amongst other stuff, and he's currently listening to maximo park, lily allen and jim noir amongst others, that was who he played in the car at the weekend

mum saw the beatles live, and we took my dad to see the stones for his b'day in august, and got front row. me and my brother defo know where we get the music interest from!
  • Options
    Slightly older than me then! I always take that "hope I die before I get old" to mean stay young and interested rather than reaching a certain age. Sounds like your mum and dad agree. Be interesting to know what, say there top five albums are.

Part of me thinks it would be great if Joe likes "my" music (of course it is what he hears now in the house and car) but as former punk I also want him to listen to stuff that I hate, think is derivative, too loud, can't hear the words and can't tell if they are boys or girls.
  • Options
    they have got occasional some questionable tastes. they started singing along to the black eyed peas album much to my dismay.

dad got me into gomez, and he's going to come to glastonbury with us next year. he used to take my brother to donnington to see the monsters of rock, and took jon to see "night of 100 guitars" with eric clapton.

mum is a massive motown fan, used to sneak out to concerts when she was younger, when her dad used to tell her that they were a waste of her money. she saw dionne warwick once, in a theatre in brixton, and there was no heating, she came on in her coat, sang 3 songs, not "walk on by" and left. they didn't get any money back and my mum didn't like her after that.
    love sitting down with them with them telling us stories about how music influenced them. my mums elder brother had a scooter, with all the mirrors, as he was a bit of a mod. mum used to nick his lp's.

will ask them their top 5 albums and get back to you!!
  • Options
    Slade V The Sweet

Rubettes V Shawadywaddy

Glitter V Stardust

Donny Osmond V David Cassidy

The Jackson 5 V The Osmonds

Mud V Wizard

Pilot V The Motors

Flintlock V The Wombles
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Sounds like I'm going to like you mums choices more than your dads (monsters of rock!!). Really intrigued to hear what they are.

My M & D are much older (74 and 82) so not of the rock and roll era but we did have lots of blues 78s in the house. Leadbelly, Bessie Smith etc that I wish I'd kept now. Dad used to play in a skiffle group but music wasn't such a big thing in my house when growing up.

music and musicians such a big influence on me so I can dig where they are coming from, man.
  • Options
    slade
    never heard of rubettes so shawadywaddy
    stardust
    donny
    jackson 5
    mud
    pilot
    wombles cos dunno flintlock!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Nice one Dave

Slade V The Sweet - Slade just

Rubettes V Shawadywaddy - Rubettes

Glitter V Stardust - Glitter even if now I couldn't really listen to him. Saw him live in about 1980 New years eve. Did all the classics

Donny Osmond V David Cassidy David, better looking and no a mormon

The Jackson 5 V The Osmonds The jacksons by a mile. Not even a contest. Pop genius

Mud V Wizard - Wizard

Pilot V The Motors - January, Magic classics for has to be the pilot

Flintlock V The Wombles Flintlock for the light bulb spinning and the two groupies (linda Robson and Pauline Quirke plus the drummer was in the tomorrow people.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Flintlock V The Wombles Flintlock for the light bulb spinning and the two groupies (linda Robson and Pauline Quirke plus the drummer was in the tomorrow people.)[/quote]

His name was Mike Holloway.
  • Options
    Yeah but what was his character name?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Yeah but what was his character name?

Mike Bell I believe....
  • Options
    Yeah, he played a gypsy boy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Sounds like I'm going to like you mums choices more than your dads (monsters of rock!!). Really intrigued to hear what they are.

mums are:

otis - blue
    beatles - rubber soul
    isley brothers - 3+3
    marvin gaye - she can't decide which album
    elton john - yellow brick road
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    She is a soul girl. Blue is great. Would have gone for What's going on but always think of Marvin and the Isley's as singles bands.

Rubber soul or Revolver for a beatles LP but I can see why she go for rubber soul. Think that is Elton's best but not that big a fan.

I'd go for

Blue - Joni Mitchel
    Blood of the tracks - Dylan
    The Band - The Band
    Horses - Patti Smith
    Transformer - Lou Reed

But hard not to have any Velvets, Impressions/Curtis, Clash, Stones, etc, etc.
  • Options
    was listening to the clash last night, london calling great album.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]was listening to the clash last night, london calling great album.

First album is my fave. living in London in 1977 when that exploded. Going to listen to it again now. When those drums kick in on Janie Jones I'm 16 again.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]dad got me into gomez, and he's going to come to glastonbury with us next year.

you serious?
  • Options
    next year, not this year. god knows how i'll explain how i can skin up....