Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JEROME THOMAS TO LIVERPOOL! (Now Watford)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thought he was great for us (the end aside), always went under the radar for most outside Charlton but during his peak he was one of the first names on the team sheet.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    He had some good spells for us in the Prem but actually played about a third of his games for us in the championship after we were relegated and was absolute dog shit.

Amazing how people forget that.
  • Options
    No mention of Waggy or Green ;)
  • Options
    What Jerome Thomas always did well was help us out defensively and I definitely don't mean by him tracking back and landing a peach of a challenge on someone 

He would always receive the ball, regardless of how little space he had and often win freekicks to get us up the pitch and relieve some pressure. Also he absolutely tore Tottenham apart at their place, the game we had Bartlett sent off 
  • Options
    Good player. A lot someone like Kirk could really look at.

Sat on a table with him at a POTY do back in the day and if my memory is correct, I didn’t particularly warm to him. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Have we had a better winger since Thomas? 
    Yep Gudmundson by an absolute mile
    No chance
  • Options
    He always played better under the floodlights 
  • Options
    how much was he £100k ?
    the amount of shit we’ve had come through our door since then and this fella did it at the top level for us for a bit 
    we got more than our fair share of value for that £100k 
    Yep.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/3452433.stm
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Rothko said:
    J BLOCK said:
    No chance
    It’s also worth remembering that Thomas did it in the premier league for us, Gudmundson was against the likes of Bristol City. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got an odd shirt of his, short sleeves with long sleeves added, two sets of badges. 
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Rothko said:
    J BLOCK said:
    No chance
    It’s also worth remembering that’s Thomas did it in the premier league for us, Gudmundson was against the likes of Bristol City. 
    And not consistent whatsoever in a lower league.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Enjoyed seeing Ricky Holmes for that brief spell a few seasons ago 
  • Options
    how much was he £100k ?
    the amount of shit we’ve had come through our door since then and this fella did it at the top level for us for a bit 
    he was one of curbs' best transfers. Not just £100k but pretty much slotted straight into the first team.
  • Options
    how much was he £100k ?
    he was one of curbs' best transfers. Not just £100k but pretty much slotted straight into the first team.
    See, I thought the same, but looking into it, he joined in February and only played once that season, it was the next season he kicked on.

Different to how I remembered it!
  • Options
    how much was he £100k ?
    See, I thought the same, but looking into it, he joined in February and only played once that season, it was the next season he kicked on.

wow you're right. I just remember him popping up from nowhere and looking absolutely class.
  • Options
    how much was he £100k ?

wow you're right. I just remember him popping up from nowhere and looking absolutely class.
    Yeah I thought exactly the same, had a feeling we signed him on the last day of the transfer window and we all grumbled as it wasn't a central midfielder to replace Parker, and then he slotted straight in.

We're all getting old, memories going!!