Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you could rename a stand...

2»

Comments

• Options
    And I am trying to put off taking the dog out for a walk. His name is Shep. <Maybe we could call the north stand the Shep stand. Or something. That's it. Enough. Come on Shep.
  • Options
    North stand: 'The pupil referral unit'
    West Stand: 'The care home'
    East stand: 'The suburbs'
    South stand: 'The scrapyard'
  • Options
    I've always felt that naming stands in perpetuity for heroes is a bit rigid and problematic. I'd rather like to see a take on the Trafalgar Sq. momument. You could, for example, have just one stand that would be up for grabs every five years, season ticket holders that have held their season tickets for 5 years would be eligible to vote for their 'name', and the voting would take place every five years. So, if for example, RM was chosen to have the stand named after him, his name would stay for a minimum of five years. A fresh voting list would then be drawn up, but fans could then vote for RM again for a further five years if they wished, or go for a new name.
  • Options
    The Tony Jimenez Stand
  • Options
    Could we name the physio's room after Corey Gibbs?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]And the way things have been recently, The Marcel Marceau North Stand.[/quote]

Bugger , that was my one , just couldnt think of his name .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Great minds think alike. And you call yourself fadgadget - that's brilliant.[/quote]

I'm a bit partial to a bit of the late great Frank tovey , i see by your avatar that you are no stranger your self .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Still my favourite 'band'.[/quote]

Me too , was into him from around 1980 , only got to see him when he toured with depeche mode , he was about to start on some new material , but passed away before it was completed , a innovator of electronic music.
  • Options
    I would name the west stand "Brian".
  • Options
    After the fantastic ashes win there would be no finer tribute to name the south stand after one of our heroes.

The ian bell end..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the fantastic ashes win there would be no finer tribute to name the south stand after one of our heroes.

The ian bell end..
  • Options
    Alan Curbishley Stand - Any
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdickted[/cite]I've always felt that naming stands in perpetuity for heroes is a bit rigid and problematic. I'd rather like to see a take on the Trafalgar Sq. momument. You could, for example, have just one stand that would be up for grabs every five years, season ticket holders that have held their season tickets for 5 years would be eligible to vote for their 'name', and the voting would take place every five years. So, if for example, RM was chosen to have the stand named after him, his name would stay for a minimum of five years. A fresh voting list would then be drawn up, but fans could then vote for RM again for a further five years if they wished, or go for a new name.

I like that idea
  • Options
    The Smokin Ice Stand
  • Options
    The Karim Bagheri Stand
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Karim Bagheri[/cite]The Karim Bagheri Stand
    What about calling one of them The One Night Stand: Karim could take it in turns with Omar Pouso, Reuben Agboola, Jim Stannard and anyone else with just one club appearance to take the honours. Alternatively we could name one, The One Knight Stand in honour of '20s player Bertram Knight - but there'd have to be an undertaking never to sign another player called Knight again.