Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton boo-boys are ‘idiots’ says Mooney

Comments

• Dear oh dear!
  • It's all been said before ........ but we were a better team, with better movement when Mooney played, then we were when he didn't.

That much was obvious.
  • Some of our fans dont appreciate what a player does for the team if you are forward does not mean you have to get 20 goals a season, prime examples of this are Andy Hunt, a fantastic forward who was not as prolific as some fans were expecting but his link up play was superb, Beardsley of Newcastle, Sherringham, they are all forwards who provide the link up play, maybe the boo boys should learn more about the game and get behind the team, rather than taking the option of digging out individuals and slagging them off in which will only effect their confidence.
  • cant believe we are still having the same conversation when he hasnt played for us for months.

hes gone, i thought he was pony, let it go.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]hes gone, i thought he was pony, let it go.

That's your point of view, Gary. But many of us could see he wasn't pony, he did a decent job.
  • I think hes ok and we have moved on.... although we didnt play to his strengths with a decent passing side he could do enough in the championship
  • He lost me when he hid and crapped himself at Millwall.
  • He's right, can't disagree with him there.

He's showing at Colchester he's a decent player for this league. Nothing special but nowhere near as terrible as some insisted he was.
  • Fair enough. Personally thought he had some real quality - the goal in the play offs was a stunning strike. I don't think we got the best from him. He'll be a threat tonight.
  • I thought Mooney did ok with us and don't bare him any ill will whatsoever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst I agree with some of his sentiments I think he makes himself look a bit of an idiot here.
    And possibly six goal in 30 odd games isn't enough - possibly???? The reason Colchester fans like him is because, as he points out, he has scored double figures.
    Yes some strikers play deep but we do expect goals, because guess what, goals win games.

I fully expect The Maggot to score tonight.
  • You just know they will nick it 1-0 or 2-1 and he will score the winner.

Thank you Boo boys!! Absolutely disgusting to boo our player as his name is read out before a ball is kicked but that's "proper" Charlton fans for you! Much better than sitting with your rug and flask!
  • 23 starts 8 sub appearances 6 goals for us .................... he's improved with colchester .... SHOCK
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]You just know they will nick it 1-0 or 2-1 and he will score the winner.

Thank you Boo boys!! Absolutely disgusting to boo our player as his name is read out before a ball is kicked but that's "proper" Charlton fans for you! Much better than sitting with your rug and flask!

Absolutely disgusting? That's a bit OTT.
  • Booing him is only going to make him want to play even better, to prove a point , so whats the point?

At least wait till we're 5-1 up!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]23 starts 8 sub appearances 6 goals for us .................... he's improved with colchester .... SHOCK[/quote]

That's the fans fault.

Obviously.
  • I really disliked Mooney as a player, missed far too many sitters for me and had far too many dire games.

However, booing your own players in my view is sacrilegious, an example of how fickle and counter-productive our fans can be.

Sat with Sam Sodje at the player of the year event and he brought it up unprompted, saying it had a definite effect on Mooney and caused somewhat of a rift between the rest of the players feeling towards the crowd.

I hope we win, but also that he gets one tonight, just for the drama of it all! :)
  • Mooney - why he is still in league one?
    Oh yeah because he is shit, thats why he got the boos.
  • I don't buy this booing him will only make him score.

Some fans boooed him here for weeks and he didn't score8-)
  • I reckon we maim him... lets stop going soft core...

Lets sharpen up a bit of broken mirror and see if we can get his thigh early in the first half....
  • Sponsored links:

• I liked him but he was never the same player in his second loan spell for us after the Millwall injury.

After his first spell I seem to remember he was quite popular with the crowd but second time around it somehow went wrong . I will remember him similar to Akpo as a good player at this level . I hope we have set our stall out a bit higher now.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Mooney - why he is still in league one?

and why are we still in league one?

I would say Mooney clearly is currently a performing striker at this, our own, "shit" level.

just like anyone else we bring in at this level, they might make it or they might turn out to have a pony rest of the season
  • Some of our fans, including some on here to a limited extent, have to have a scapegoat unfortunately. Francis has taken up Mooney's mantle this season. Mooney isn't Drogba and Francis isn't Cole but they are both decent players at this level. It's been happening since I've supported the club - I rememeber Steve Gritt being a victim of the Boo Boys but he turned things round. I also remember the disgraceful treatment of Kim Grant during a 5-0 victory at the Valley!! Would rather we supported all of our players - that doesn't mean not being critical of them, but they should never be booed individually when they wear our shirt. I've less problem with collectively booing the team.

If Mooney does score against us, he is fully justified in milking it IMO. Hope he doesn't though.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Mooney - why he is still in league one?

Is that why Charlton are still in League One .....?

EDIT: just seen Markive's post, sorry mate!
  • I love that fact that if a player isnt very good and people question his ability, then we are immediately accused of making them a scapegoat!

booing aint on when they are wearing the charlton shirt, but having an opinion that they are crap is within my right as a person that watches and plays a bit of football.
  • I just can't understand why many posters expect Premier League quality performances from Third Division players.
  • Jarry by name.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I just can't understand why many posters expect Premier League quality performances from Third Division players.

oh come oggy, i dont expect that at all. but i dont expect conference level either, which imo is certainly what francis is. Mooney had one or two decent attributes but i thought he didnt bring enough to the team as a forward should.
  • Don't really care what he says. Still think he's crap and glad he's here no longer.
  • Gary, we DO expect our players to consistantly perform to a higher standard - we don't allow for them to make mistakes, do we?

Or should I say, with some players we turn a blind eye to their mistakes during a game, and others (like Francis and Mooney, since you've named them) can't even breathe without being abused.

Or even being Booed when their name is read out when the team is announced.

As has been said many times before, Charlton fans need their scapegoat.