Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton boo-boys are ‘idiots’ says Mooney

Comments

• Sodje & Mooney replaced with BWP & Eccleston.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    That's your point of view, Gary. But many of us could see he wasn't pony, he did a decent job.

So when someone thinks he's pony, it's a point of view, those who think he's not pony are stating a fact, seems a tad harsh Oggy!!
  • I always thought mooney was a good third div player , still think some of our suppporters are living in the premier years. As for booing past palyers why does it always come back and bite us on the arse.
    Danny mills
    Jermaine defoe who else can we add to the collection?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    That's your point of view, Gary. But many of us could see he wasn't pony, he did a decent job.

So when someone thinks he's pony, it's a point of view, those who think he's not pony are stating a fact, seems a tad harsh Oggy!!

Only trying to point out that while Gary has his own view ......... it is not the view of many, Stu.
  • who needs Wayne Rooney?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Gary, we DO expect our players to consistantly perform to a higher standard - we don't allow for them to make mistakes, do we?

Or should I say, with some players we turn a blind eye to their mistakes during a game, and others (like Francis and Mooney, since you've named them) can't even breathe without being abused.

Or even being Booed when their name is read out when the team is announced.

As has been said many times before, Charlton fans need their scapegoat.

but im ignoring the boo boys, if thats how they put across their opinions of a player then their opinions should be ignored.

im just saying that imo i dont need a scapegoat. i should be allowed to rate or not rate a player. just because he plays for charlton doesnt mean i have to like him. ive said it before, support him yes but rate him no.

im not making francis a scapegoat, when he does something good ill clap but a lot more often than not he doesnt perform to the standard of the 10 players around him.

players make mistakes, i accept that. what i wont accept is players not improving or learning from those mistakes.
  • [cite]Posted By: scabbyhorse[/cite]I always thought mooney was a good third div player , still think some of our suppporters are living in the premier years. As for booing past palyers why does it always come back and bite us on the arse.
    Danny mills
    Jermaine defoe who else can we add to the collection?

Parker with that 30 yarder!
  • 12/5 to score anytime tonight.
  • Lisbie for Colchester when he made Paddy Mc Carthy look like a school kid.
  • I'm not having a dig at you, Gary.

You said your point of view. And I said mine.
    That's what discussion is all about.

Anyway, you seeing Kim the Quim tonight?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• On the flip side Carlton Cole got an absolute hammering when he came back in the "glory days" .... He was clearly effected, woeful performance and dragged of after 50 mins!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I'm not having a dig at you, Gary.

You said your point of view. And I said mine.
    That's what discussion is all about.

Anyway, you seeing Kim the Quim tonight?

;o)

yeah thats what its about mate.

ha na, i meeting a few from here in the Lib tonight, theres no way im bringing her!
  • Francis - plus points- He is usually very involved in the game, can produce good delivery from corners, brings height to the defence, can play good balls - great ball to Martin in Swindon home game, Great ball for Ecclestone's goal at home to Plymouth, not many goals conceeded can go down to him. Negatives - Can sometimes look leggy, delivery can also be terrible, not the most cultured of players. For me the positive out weigh the negatives- but I am judging him as a league 1 defender.
  • LMAO

VG and Oggy

Anyway gotta agree with Mooney he didnt deserve the Boo's, He actually brought others into the game more than some think.
  • Agree with everything Mooney says in that article.

Won't stop people booing him tonight.

Hope he doesn't score :-/
  • edited February 2011
    Good on Mooney. I'd call them worse than idiots but each to their own....
  • Far better to laugh at him - and there is usually plenty to laugh at!

The smile he gave when he drank from Elliot's water bottle during the Colchester game actually demonstrated that he is a decent human being.
  • I definitely don't include any on here but I've had to listen to quite a number of idiots in our crowd over the years. On occasions you can say this is my view and that's yours and agree to differ, but there are some that make fools of themselves with their lack of knowledge -often filling in the considerable gaps with ridiculous invention. I can't be the only one who has heard these twits over the years.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I definitely don't include any on here but I've had to listen to quite a number of idiots in our crowd over the years. On occasions you can say this is my view and that's yours and agree to differ, but there are some that make fools of themselves with their lack of knowledge -often filling in the considerable gaps with ridiculous invention. I can't be the only one who has heard these twits over the years.
    Exactly This
  • Well done David Mooney . He's absolutely right . The Boo boys are complete idiots . By all means Boo a charlton player but make sure it's an ex player and not a current one. I thought Mooney was a descent player , yet the air heads ( and they are not all new fans as i heard many of our older supporters) that think it's funny to get on the back of our own players. They should hang there head in shame every time they do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Vg I am in the lib 2 nite with a gooner called trev the rev from work, he has got your birds name tattooed on the inside of his lips and a criminal record for maiming a love rival with chopsticks .

I think it might be only coincidence though mate as he only started talking to me about charlton a week or so a go after he had split up with his ex
  • lol im ready
  • goodman he has a pot of lube some chopsticks and a disclaimer to be signed but apart from that he is a nice bloke,
  • Listening to some on here you would think we have the worst fans ever.

We really really don't. Head over to any prem club and you will hear them giving their team what for, for a lot less.

Sadly Mooney have never played for a prem side and will therefore not be aware of this.

Anyone remember Curbs saying he was shocked about how quickly Spammers turned on him after being used to our fans reactions?
  • No doubt the boo boys were one of the reasons for our abject performances at the Valley under Parkinson. No conicidence then that we had a good away record yet a poor one at home.
  • Take the point- and it wouldn't be fair to say it is only Charlton fans but the frustration and expectation levels bring out the worst in us. I honestly believe that a big reason for sacking Parky and bringing in Powell was to get the fans behind the team. We would probably have lost the Plymouth game with Parky in charge but Chris Powell is a legend and nobody would dare boo his team. That goodwill will be tested by a bad run but hey, we have got as good a squad of players as anybody in this league so maybe the positivity Powell has brought in may mean we go from strength to strength.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Vg I am in the lib 2 nite with a gooner called trev the rev from work, he has got your birds name tattooed on the inside of his lips and a criminal record for maiming a love rival with chopsticks .

Trev the Rev .......be afraid, Gary, be very afraid.

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I think it might be only coincidence though mate as he only started talking to me about charlton a week or so a go after he had split up with his ex

He won't have even heard of Charlton.
    He's a Gooner .......the only thing he'll know about football, is what he sees on Sky.
  • Gary, i know you know a little about the game so interested in why you so adamently don't rate him.

From what i saw of Mooney he was a huge confidence player. The reason he was allowed to come to us was because he had lost his way a little, and as it conincided with us going off course a little, it wasn't a great match up.

But i thought he clearly had a decent football brain, read the game well, was clever in his positioning when playing off a main striker, had a good first touch and a technique above your average 3rd div player.

On the flip side, he didn't threaten the goal as much as you would like for an offensive player, seemed fragile in confidence, and lightweight when hassled.

Net result being someone who wasn't right for us. Can see why people didn't want to sign him, but equally can't see how anyone can form such a strong opinion against, particularly as he was what i would class to be a fairly honest player.

10 goals so far this season would suggest he wasn't as bad as some made out.

Be interested to see what you feel i've either missed or exaggerated.
  • sometimes its only when the fans boo the players actually pull there fingers out there arses. But i personally have never boo'd any charlton player
  • So if you were constintaly criticised at work, do you think you would perform better? The link between confidence and results is proven in football, so why should anybody think that destroying somebody's confidence can have a positive affect?