Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

There is no secret money ?

1235»

Comments

• Is nicky bailey playing much at Boro?
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]Is nicky bailey playing much at Boro?

He was injured and then dropped for a bit when Mowbray first came in but he started yesterday

Not what we need really
  • Prettuy sure Jiminez and Slater know what this team means as does Powell, who has already said he is looking at loans but didn't expect anything pre Exeter.

Where we get the loans from who is available? I'm not sure but they'll be some PL and CCC clubs looking to get some players off their books for a few months.
  • Told, albeit second hand, that two loan players coming in next week so as to be available for POs.

Who or where they play no clues but CH and CM seem likely IMHO.

While I'd like both I'd have the first before the second.

Of course all loans are lazy, useless, injured place stealers and I won't believe it till it's on twitter : - )
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Of course all loans are lazy, useless, injured place stealers

That truism obviously accepted, there are a couple of places they are more than welcome to steal. Namely CH and CM, as you (and I'm sure the manager formerly known as SCP) have identified. Someone was on here last night saying we should have brought the opera singer on at half-time yesterday. And they didn't mean in order to sing ...
  • I know we can only get loans and not buy players but there are good players out there for loan if we could afford the wages. Can`t see much proof of our "seriously wealthy" backers and not heard much from Slater or Jiminez lately. This season can still be salvaged if we act quickly and assertively. I still am of the opinion that there is no money other than what Slater and Jiminez have brought to the table. Not saying I`m not grateful that they have staved off extinction but I can now see third teir football as a distinct possibility for many years to come.
  • SHG, if we manage to fluke promotion through the play offs then fine, but i imagine everythings being geared for a new start with new players in August, whatever division we are in.
  • Well we are still very much at the point where there are more questions than answers. On The Guardian thread NY blogger has kindly responded to some of the critical posts made after his blog (mine included) and seems to suggest that there might well be some money and the new backers want a return. The approach will be QPR and not Man City and we already know that Slater wants a squad not just good enough for division one but also competitive in The Championship all whilst playing exiting football. Now given our starting point is the current squad with all it's deficiencies then if there is little money to invest in players to achieve the above aims, the board are either deluded or nieve to the point of stupidity. Add to that scenario the fact we have an untried and untested manager and coaching staff and suddenly my confidence is starting to wobble. Are Slater and JIminez that stupid ? Would Murray and Varney sign up to such a situation ? Why would Jeff Vetere come on board if he was being asked to find free transfers and out of contract players. I thinks it's clear that NY Blogger has discovered who might be behind the Virgin Island company but for obvious reasons is unable to say. If he was able to find out then surely somebody else will too. It's only a matter of time. I very much hope Large is of beam with his snippet of information because without the investment I Was hoping for I Think we are royally up poo creek.
  • Is Vetere definately on board. I can't ever remember this being officially confirmed. if so what exactly is his title/role?
  • Jeff Vetere is "technical director" - confirmed last night at Bromley Addicks by Powell.
  • Sponsored links:

• SHG Any indication as to when the fiull list of players being released will be made public knowledge or is likely to be drip fed?
  • @Deadred - Sorry I am not a poster that is in the know. Judging from Henrys excellent report on the Bromley Addicks meeting it would seem that CP will be talking to some players on thursday. I also suspect there are offers on the table to the likes of Racon and Semedo that will take time to conclude as they look around for better deals before they decide. Seems likely that any list of senior pros that are being released would be announced sooner rather than later in order to maximise their ability to get fixed up. I am sure someone will correct me if I am missing something.
  • edited May 2011
    @Deadred was not specifically mentioned, but lots of references to "talking to him this week" so i assume that it will be over the next few days we will hear.  It does seem that the SLP is the official voice of the club so I suppose it will be on there.  Did not confirm or deny any of the players out of contracts position and any player not leaving the club next season will be part of the squad, which I assume means if we can't off load McOxo he will be expected to fight for his place..
  • It has got to be done soon as the players must be jetting off on holiday soon. Certainly those without children will want to be getting away - especially after the horrible run in they've had.

Let's remember that even in lowly L1 these players are all very wealthy compared to the average man in the street. They will probably have a couple of holidays planned, and why shouldn't they, they don't get to go away during the season like the rest of us can.