Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton and other players that were lifelong addicks

The BWP thread got me thinking, what Charlton players (or any pro footballers current or ex) come to think of it would cite Charlton as their boyhood side?

Elliot obviously and I'm probably missing some obvious ones but I can't think of anymore?

Comments

• Isn't Waggy one?
  • I thought Wagstaff was a Leeds fan?
  • Gordon Watson was one, remember him saying on the radio he went home and away in the 80-81 season.
  • Remember when I was younger, reading in one of the Junior Red Mags and Kish saying he supported Charlton when he was younger. Obviously he was joking.
  • Brian Kinsey
    Keithie Peacock?
  • Waggy is Leeds according to Wikipedia. Dont know who Kinsey is shamefully (before my time) and Im not sure about Peakie.

Apparently Van Nistelrooy and Benzema are (ha ha)....but to be honest I think they'd struggle to get a look in with Joe, BWP and Ecclestone on the scene. ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Keithie Peacock?

i think he's newcastle
  • Simon Tracey the ex Sheff Utd keeper? sure I read he was an Addick somewhere.
  • scott parker was a season ticket holder as a kid
  • [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]Gordon Watson was one, remember him saying on the radio he went home and away in the 80-81 season.

Even after he left, his dad and brother were season ticket holders in the covered end during the 90's, so it was probably a family thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bobby and Jack....

loved us so much they changed their name by deed poll
  • [cite]Posted By: Covered_End_Lad[/cite]scott parker was a season ticket holder as a kid

Spurs fan i thought?
  • I remember Gordon Watson getting an extra big cheer because he was one of us.....
  • nope was definitely a charlton fan, my cousin went to school with him
  • Richie Bowman I think.
  • ...and paul Elliot ?
  • Dave Martin, the ex-Scumwall and ex-Nigel winger (now at Derby?) was a boyhood Charlton fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Dave Martin, the ex-Scumwall and ex-Nigel winger (now at Derby?) was a boyhood Charlton fan.

He is now at Notts County on loan. Charlton fan used to play for the plume in plumstead.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Dave Martin, the ex-Scumwall and ex-Nigel winger (now at Derby?) was a boyhood Charlton fan.

He is now at Notts County on loan. Charlton fan used to play for the plume in plumstead.

His career clearly took a rapid downturn after that!
  • I thought I saw a thread on here recently saying Andy Ansah was a fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob Lee?Was a turnstile attendant back at the old Valley..
  • Billy Bonds? From Middle Park Road in Eltham and watched his local team before signing as a colt.

Notice Liam Ridgewell comes from Bexleyheath. Kieron Richardson is from Broad Walk, Kidbrooke & Junior Stanislaus is also from Kidbrooke Park. But in the age of the Plastic fan, they could support anyone.
  • Peter Reeves used to come to matches long after he'd retired.
  • Charlie MacDonald
  • Robbie elliot!
  • charlie macdonald millwall
  • one of the David Campbells was a Reds fan
  • Les Berry could be.

Born Plumstead although later moved to Hayes / West Wickham area and Green Street Green (Orpington).
  • Rob Lee was a wet spam supporter