Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton and other players that were lifelong addicks

2»

Comments

• Billy Bonds was a Charlton supporter who played for Wet Spam
  • Rufus probably supported the Arse or Spuds; I expect. Just how it was when he was a kid, he is unlikely to have supported us as we were out of the area ish?
  • Have any other clubs had 8 home grounds?
  • [cite]Posted By: Tutt-Tutt[/cite]Billy Bonds? From Middle Park Road in Eltham and watched his local team before signing as a colt.

Notice Liam Ridgewell comes from Bexleyheath. Kieron Richardson is from Broad Walk, Kidbrooke & Junior Stanislaus is also from Kidbrooke Park. But in the age of the Plastic fan, they could support anyone.

Always thought Bonzo was Millwall.
  • [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Dont know who Kinsey is shamefully (before my time) and Im not sure about Peakie.
    Don't know who Brian Kinsey is?

He's my Dad's next door neighbour, that's who........ and he is a current match day host at The Valley.
    Joined the club as a left winger in 1956, before playing for years at left back, until 1971.

"Brian Kinsey grew up in the area and loved going to The Valley to watch his uncle, Peter Etherton, play.

He turned down a big move to Spurs and went on to play 14 seasons at The Valley for the only team he ever wanted to represent."
  • One of the lifer's on here used to play for the Junior Robins in the late 1980's early 1990's (very decent keeper he was too) and had a team mate who's surname was Ridgewell, Ridgewell had a little brother called Liam who used to go to all the matches and would kick about with anyone who would join in, despite the fact that he was only 3 he would mix it with anyone. Could the two Liam Ridgewell's be one and the same?...........cue Twilight Zone music!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I thought I saw a thread on here recently saying Andy Ansah was a fan.[/quote]

Yep was in north upper vs Plymouth wearing a huge red jacket couldnt miss him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Dont know who Kinsey is shamefully (before my time) and Im not sure about Peakie.
    Don't know who Brian Kinsey is?

He's my Dad's next door neighbour, that's who........ and he is a current match day host at The Valley.
    Joined the club as a left winger in 1956, before playing for years at left back, until 1971.

"Brian Kinsey grew up in the area and loved going to The Valley to watch his uncle, Peter Etherton, play.

He turned down a big move to Spurs and went on to play 14 seasons at The Valley for the only team he ever wanted to represent."

He sounds amazing. I wish he was my granddad.
  • You can meet him hosting at The Valley on match days.

;o)
  • Gavin Peacock
  • Sponsored links:

• Liam Ridgewell was born in Bexley Heath in 1984 so it could be one and the same.
  • Andy Turner ( Spuds winger) is/was a fan.
  • Kevin Horlock?
  • [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Walker_(English_cricketer)

Colin Cowdrey
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Kevin Horlock?

Kevin was a West Ham supporter, all his family are
  • Parker was definitely Spurs
  • Brian Kinsey definetly is....Lovely bloke too, always got a tale to tell......coached my eldest boy back in the late 80's early 90's.

Maybe Halesy is....he still seems to show up in the West stand, but usually hasnt got a good word to say....worth a laugh though.
  • Bjorn Borg...:-)
  • Rodney Trotters mum!
  • Sponsored links:

• Neil Shipperly possibly?
  • I imagine Derek Ufton probably was a fan.
  • edited February 2011
    Going back to the comment above about Simon Tracey, think it was in the 2000 home game against Sheffield United programme where it said he was a Charlton fan. As I was only 10 at the time, was certain he let John Robinsons winner that day in on purpose.
  • Waggy is Leeds and Charlton. He loves the club very much... Played in the school team with him.
  • My pal met Simon Tracey last year and he still is a massive Charlton fan.
  • [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Brian Kinsey definetly is....Lovely bloke too, always got a tale to tell......coached my eldest boy back in the late 80's early 90's.

In a long career as a defender he was never booked.
  • Kevin Smith, midfielder of the early eighties, is a Charlton fan
  • Rude Van Nistelroy ......so legend has it!

;o)