Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which player have you been happiest for, to see them score?

For me it has to be Rufus's 1st goal for Charlton, at Wembley.

Comments

• In the current team, it would be Semedo. About bloody time he scored again
  • Chris Powell against Coventry.
  • I love Rufus

I wish he could still be involved with us somehow :(
  • Powell's goal in his last game for us, but in the current team I'm desperate to see Semedo score - preferably a screamer
  • Rufus at Wembley, Powelly v Coventry - geat moments.

But everybody is really going to have a go at me, haha ..........Izale McLeod, scoring the winner at home to Exeter last season. It was his first goal for about 2 years, and sheer relief and joy was written all over his face.

And the whole team mobbed him, everyone of them ........ sharing the moment, really pleased for him.
    It was a very good team unity moment.
  • SIr Chris at spurs I believe that was his first goal for us and SIr Chris at Coventry his last goal for us.
  • edited February 2011
    ....and then he got booked, got as many bookings as he did goals !

edit @ Oggy
  • My heart is always lifted at the sight of Jermaine Defoe's happy little rat face when he rewards our generous boo-ing with a brace.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]Powell's goal in his last game for us

Definitely
  • Sponsored links:

• Rufus for me, I went nuts

Though I felt a twinge when Semedo shot the other night - if he'd scored I'd probably have run on to the pitch and hugged him myself
  • [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]SIr Chris at spurs I believe that was his first goal for us and SIr Chris at Coventry his last goal for us.
    This. His goal against Spurs was in the FA cup, the less said about that game the better!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]SIr Chris at spurs I believe that was his first goal for us and SIr Chris at Coventry his last goal for us.
    This. His goal against Spurs was in the FA cup, the less said about that game the better!

He also scored in a 1-0 win over there. Night game.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nicholas[/cite]SIr Chris at spurs I believe that was his first goal for us and SIr Chris at Coventry his last goal for us.

He also scored in a 1-0 win over there. Night game.

The ball came off his thigh right? tap in off his thigh? wasnt that Rufus first game?

Edit: 1st game back from injury i mean
  • Well yes, as already mentioned: Rufus at Wembley and CP's last game, BUT...

Also, anytime Sir Carlus of Leaburn scored was great. I've never seen a guy slated so much but at the same time applauded so much (rarely) for scoring!!! Leaburn is a hero of mine, he made me laugh, he made me cry, I always smile when I think of ole-Carly-boy!
  • Racon, because they're usually stunning, and matchwinning
  • Rufus, as mentioned above, because it was so important and Kish because he deserved it as one of the most committed men I've seen wearing our shirt.
  • Cliff Durandt last minute vs Saints 62/3, which meant we went to the last game at Walsall needing to win to stay up. The first was abandoned at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch. 3 days later on a Friday night we won 2-1 with goals from Peacock and Kenning. My first ever season and I remember it like it was yesterday.
  • Currently BWP , nothing worse than a goal drought at your new club , at least he's got that monkey off his back.
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Cliff Durandt last minute vs Saints 62/3, which meant we went to the last game at Walsall needing to win to stay up. The first was abandoned at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch. 3 days later on a Friday night we won 2-1 with goals from Peacock and Kenning. My first ever season and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Good shout!

My first season too and I remember it seeming to roll oh ever so slowly before crossing the line and was convinced Reynolds (I think that was the name of the Southampton keeper) would be able to save it.

Another vital goal as we would have gone down if the Southampton game had been drawn. A win at Walsall wouldn't have been enough. As it was we only stayed up on goal average.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Cliff Durandt last minute vs Saints 62/3, which meant we went to the last game at Walsall needing to win to stay up.

The first was abandoned at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch

3 days later on a Friday night we won 2-1 with goals from Peacock and Kenning. My first ever season and I remember it like it was yesterday.

Ah, the season Charlton were saved by a thunderstorm.

Misty ........You forgot to say we were losing 1-0 when the match was abandoned.

If that game had played out to full time and the result remained the same, Walsall would have stayed up.
    And Charlton relegated.
  • Rufus at Wembley as mentioned by others.

Carl Leaburn - was dropped for the latter part of the 1996/97 season, primarily because of the intense abuse he was getting from an increasingly large element of our support. I can remember Airman Brown in Voice of the Valley at the time saying that he'd always been one to stick up for Leaburn but even he couldn't defend his continued selection any more (or words to that effect). Returned to the side away to Tranmere and scored in a 2-2 draw a couple of months into the 97/98 season and then started at home to Ipswich the following week, receiving a very mixed response from the crowd when his name was read out. We won 3-0, Leaburn was superb and capped off his performance with the 3rd goal right at the end - would have given him a disturbingly long man hug if I could have got on the pitch!

Jason Euell I seem to remember took a few games to get his first goal for us. Was clearly floging his guts out but missed a few sitters and had a bit of bad luck so I was pleased when he got off the mark.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Chris Powell against Coventry.
    absoflippinlutely
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Returned to the side away to Tranmere and scored in a 2-2 draw a couple of months into the 97/98 season and then started at home to Ipswich the following week, receiving a very mixed response from the crowd when his name was read out. We won 3-0, Leaburn was superb and capped off his performance with the 3rd goal right at the end - would have given him a disturbingly long man hug if I could have got on the pitch!

If I remember .......... Leaburn was out of contract at the beginning of 97/98, and at the time refusing to sign a new deal.
    So to enable him to play, he was on a temporary weekly contract.
  • Herman v Chelsea
  • Definitely Semedo - would LOVE to see him score! - Although he's one of the few we sing about, his efforts seem to go a bit unnoticed.
    He's such a unit and i'd go nuts if he did bury one!
    Dont think he'd know what to do if he did score though!
  • I remember Kishishev scoring. I think it was his first goal. 1 of 2. He pretty much done a lap of the pitch to celebrate with a crowd of players behind him.
  • Powell v Coventry for me too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Returned to the side away to Tranmere and scored in a 2-2 draw a couple of months into the 97/98 season and then started at home to Ipswich the following week, receiving a very mixed response from the crowd when his name was read out. We won 3-0, Leaburn was superb and capped off his performance with the 3rd goal right at the end - would have given him a disturbingly long man hug if I could have got on the pitch!

If I remember .......... Leaburn was out of contract at the beginning of 97/98, and at the time refusing to sign a new deal.
    So to enable him to play, he was on a temporary weekly contract.

Good memory Oggy, I think you're right. We flogged him to Wimbledon for £300k in January of that season - seems a bit odd in these post-Bosman Ruling days that we were able to command a transfer fee for a player who wasn't contractually tied to us.
  • I was also pretty pleased with Paul Miller's late equaliser at Chelsea in the final League match of the season, which spared us the ignominy of the relegation playoffs from the top flight ................and Chelsea were subsequently relegated.

That was the match that Leaburn went mental, after being decked.

I was standing on the terraces at Stamford Bridge with my brother-in-law, who is Chelsea.
    Despite Chelsea's recent success I never let him forget that moment. It's my family duty.