Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Which player have you been happiest for, to see them score?

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Good memory Oggy, I think you're right. We flogged him to Wimbledon for £300k in January of that season - seems a bit odd in these post-Bosman Ruling days that we were able to command a transfer fee for a player who wasn't contractually tied to us.

In those days, Mr Largo ......... clubs held the player's registration.

So when a player was transferred, it was the player's registration with the club that was sold on.
  • For sheer unadulterated joy, remember Martin Pringle's equaliser against Newcastle. 'Ulf' was ecstatic and that draw ended our eight match losing streak.

I think most fans shared that moment and the relief that it brought.
  • Powell's will never ever be forgotten. The second Semedo scores I think there's going to be similar scenes from our fans.

I always love it when Wagstaff scores. Local lad to me, came through the youth system and always gives his all in games.
  • I think what made Pringle`s goal even better was the fact that we had just been robbed of a perfectly good Mark Bright equaliser which was 2 feet over the line.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    In those days, Mr Largo ......... clubs held the player's registration.

So when a player was transferred, it was the player's registration with the club that was sold on.

Ah, got it. Cheers for the explanation.
  • I used to enjoy it when John Robbo Robinson scored just for the way he used to celebrate. It was obvious what it meant to him.
  • quote# 21
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]Cliff Durandt last minute vs Saints 62/3, which meant we went to the last game at Walsall needing to win to stay up. The first was abandoned at half-time due to a waterlogged pitch. 3 days later on a Friday night we won 2-1 with goals from Peacock and Kenning. My first ever season and I remember it like it was yesterday.[/quote]

Good shout!

My first season too and I remember it seeming to roll oh ever so slowly before crossing the line and was convinced Reynolds (I think that was the name of the Southampton keeper) would be able to save it.

Another vital goal as we would have gone down if the Southampton game had been drawn. A win at Walsall wouldn't have been enough. As it was we only stayed up on goal average. That's right Len, I was standing right behind the goal against those railings. When the goal went in I got so excited I jumped onto the pitch ran across the front of the goal and jumped back into the crowd again!
  • Agree with E-cafc. Robinsons goal against Man U at home, the 3-3 draw was amazing. I remember him running past Bosnich who tried to kick him as he was heading for the corner flag. Another fond memory.
  • I forget which game it was but it was in Morty's second spell. Bloke behind had been rubbishing him all game and then he scored one of his trademark goals. We all just turned round cheering to face the idiot who was sat slumped as if he'd just been told his dog had died.
  • Powell v Coventry, when he came on best I was hoping for was we'd get a pen for Powell to take. A great CAFC memory watching the players lift SCP.

Would love to see Semedo score a home goal, I know he scored at Tranmere but a goal at the Covered End would be great.

Agree with Oggy, was very pleased for McLeod when he finally got his first Valley goal against Exeter last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Semedo ever scores at the valley I think I might do a little sex wee ;)
  • Would be nice if we were in a position where nothing rested on it - 2-0 up in the dying embers and we get a penalty.

Up steps Jose.

Sweat on his brow and fire in his eyes.

The keeper is quivering.

Semedo is snorting like a raging bull

He takes a run up and blazes it down the middle and then stands there - like Cantona - milking the applause

In reality he'd probably balloon it into the stand and just turn around and get back into position :-)