Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CAFC NIGHTMARE X1

2»

Comments

• I remember Jim Stannard playing for us on loan at The Valley around 1983/4 against bottom of the table Cadiff City. We lost 4-1 and I think he was to blame for at least three of the goals. Never played for us again after that.
  • There is only one goalkeeper surely, Jim "celery" Stannard. A decent career elsewhere sandwiched around 90 catastrophic minutes for us v Cardiff (lost 1-4 BTW)

Jim Stannard
    Greg Halford
    Djimi Traore
    Lindsay Smith
    Alan Dugdale
    Viggo Jacobsen
    Gary Churchouse
    Scott Sinclair
    Paul Bacon
    Mike Small
    Luke Varney - there were worse players sure, but when he rounded the keeper against Burnley and spent two hours dithering before missing the chance, it was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen on a football pitch. Holloway must be a genius.....
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Akpo sodje for not being able to kick a ball properly and making me cringe if he was going to have more than one touch with his feet

What are you talking about? Complete tosh
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]Where is Marcus Bent?

He's just signing a contract for his 46th league club as we speak!
  • [cite]Posted By: E-cafc[/cite]Nicky Weaver
    Paul Curtis
    Peter Shaw
    Steve Dowman
    Jamie Stuart
    Amdy Faye
    Neil Redfern
    Kevin Smith
    Paul Bacon
    Mike Small
    Mark McCammon

Nicky Weaver? what axactly did he do wrong?
  • Dunn
    Bruik Shaw Goldthorpe Tunbridge
    Goldsmith brisley Mehmet Lansdown
    Endean Plumb

Les Surman was our hapless kid who I saw let in 6 at Portsmouth. Bit unfair to pick on him so Dunn will do.
    Rommedarl nearly made this team on sheer frustration values but I have mainly gone for clueless at Charlton. Oddly Brisley played well for Orient and Mehmet did the biz for the spanners.
  • Nicky Weaver`s pathetic belly flop against Coventry when we lost 2.1 at home
    when he let in a floated free kick from about 35 yards plus!

He had so much time he could have walked across the goal and caught the ball!
  • edited February 2011
    This is as difficult as the best team I too do not like picking young players for example one of our youth team Goalies Lee Harmsworth was probably the worst Keeper but I suspect he would not have even got there if it had not been for the worst injury crisis in that position i have ever known.

The reverse of Dave Rudd because we have had so many bad CB's I've picked five at the back.

GK Stannard
    RB Duffield One game too many on loan from QPR
    LB Hovi
    CB Gray Loan player from the O's cost us about three goals in 82/83
    CB El Khalej
    CB Lindsay Smith
    RM Churchouse
    CM Mountford
    CM Pouso
    LM Cook
    ST Small
  • Yes, Nigel Gray was pretty disastrous, can't believe I forgot about El-Khalej, maybe my pain receptors overloaded and blanked him out. Peter Mountford was another one that slipped my mind, Duffield was something of a cult figure to a few of us but probably no worse than some of the duds Pardew parted with money for.
  • Martin Duffield played his only game against Birmingham in a 2-1 win shown on MOTD. November 1984, but what Shirt number did he wear?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    Can only judge on what ive seen... Randolph is the worst keeper I've seen in the Charlton goal, doesnt say alot cos we've been lucky with keepers.

Deano
    Illic
    Mhyre
    Anderson
    Weaver
    Carson
    Robbie

Are/were all better than him, always sticks in my mind the time he caught the ball, turned round and smacked it in Paddy Mccarthy's head for an own goal
  • Caig

Francis
    Hudson
    Sorondo
    Traore

Blomquist
    Pouso
    Faye
    Cook

Gray
    Hasselbaink
  • The team that got us relegated from the CCC a couple of seasons ago...
  • I'm surprised nobody has mentioned carlton cole... so lazy for us.
  • Randolph the worst charlton keeper you have seen you must be taking the pish
  • I would never brand someone who donned the Charlton shirt as the worst but from my goalkeeping recollections Randolph would be better than Wood,Patterson and Salmon.
    On a par with quite a few other Charlton keepers including Elliot.Best keepers IMO Nicky Johns,Bob Bolder and the best Deano.
  • edited February 2011
    The transformation of our team when by sheer luck randy fell into it at the end of last season was amazing, the team that was sliding out of the play offs nearly nicked an automatic spot once he came in between the sticks
  • edited February 2011
  • i find it amazing that last years squad managed to attain the clubs 4th lowest finish in 75 years, yet some people find room in their worst XI for internationals, champions league winners and players that have spent most of their careers in the top flight.
  • But the topic is the Nightmare Charlton XI, not the worst in terms of quality...

or is it just me that's read it like that?
  • Sponsored links:

• John Vaughan

Thom Hovi
    Phil Chapple
    Alan McCleary
    Grant Basey

Ricky Otto
    Omar Pouso
    Peter Garland
    Alex Dyer

Chris Dickson
    Kenny Achampong
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]Can only judge on what ive seen... Randolph is the worst keeper I've seen in the Charlton goal, doesnt say alot cos we've been lucky with keepers.

Deano
    Illic
    Mhyre
    Anderson
    Weaver
    Carson
    Robbie

Are/were all better than him, always sticks in my mind the time he caught the ball, turned round and smacked it in Paddy Mccarthy's head for an own goal
    Randolph was a better shot stopper than Elliott and a better kicker.
  • edited February 2011
    Made Deano look like Johnny Wilkinson yesterday!