Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

just wondered .......what are Mendoncca and the boys doing now

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
can we get the wereabouts of the promotion winning team together,
how are they doing ?
where are they etc

Comments

• Learning how to spell their surnames perhaps.

: - )
  • its back to skool for me then
  • sorry sir its Mendonca ;-)
  • does it really matter that he spelt it wrong?
  • Last I heard he was in a bit of financial trouble and having to flog all his playoff medals / shirts etc. :-(

Shame he had to quit when he did and didn't really cash in on our Premiership years despite practically getting us there himself, or get involved with the club at a coaching level.
  • [cite]Posted By: geecare[/cite]does it really matter that he spelt it wrong?

Yes, it is vitally important which is why I put a : - ) at the end of the sentence.

KMT
  • Don't forget kids, the : - ) makes all the difference.
  • yes he really did dip out on the prem didn't he
    how good do you think he would have been ...........imho ...........the best!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]KMT
    I think you spelled that wrong...

;-)
  • Never 'spelled' anythink wrong ever : - )
  • ok ok .....spelling
    but what are they doing now??? ........jones , brown, actually kinsella!!! what does the future hold for the man ? and what ever happened to Powell ?
  • Dont kmt Henry brush them
  • What does KMT mean???????
  • kiss my teeth
  • edited February 2011
    Steve Jones was flogging his stuff on e-bay a few years ago.
    Steve Brown is slagging off his old team on Kent Radio stations
    Mark Bowen assistant manager @ sunderland??
  • Shame that Mendonca had to retire early.I remember at Wembly we were chanting for Mendonca and Sunderland were chanting for Kevin Philips.
    Would still love to see Philips at Charlton and that final was 13 years ago!!
  • Steve Brown slates Charlton at any given time on TV or Radio.

I have a signed shirt of his as well !
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Steve Jones was flogging his stuff on e-bay a few years ago.
    Steve Brown is slagging off his old team on Kent Radio stations
    Mark Bowen assistant manager @ sunderland??

Eric Black is Assistant Manager at Sunderland.
  • Sponsored links:

• What does steve brown say about charlton? He played well for us I liked him. Not many ex players or people say a bad word about Charlton... unless your Simon Jordan.

Dont understand why Steve brown would "slag us off".
  • Mark Bowen is number 2 at Fulham
  • [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Steve Brown slates Charlton at any given time on TV or Radio.

Really? I remember Steve Brown saying that if you cut him in half you'd see red and white running through him and that he was Charlton through an through.

This news saddens me :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Steve Brown slates Charlton at any given time on TV or Radio.

Really? I remember Steve Brown saying that if you cut him in half you'd see red and white running through him and that he was Charlton through an through.

This news saddens me :-(
    I think you've misunderstood. Brownie slags off the team when we're playing shit. He does it because he loves the club so much - he can't bear to see how crap we are now.
  • does anyone know what happened to the rest of the lads...........ie richard rufus ?
  • My dad played golf with browny last year at a charity do , he's coaching juniors at Brighton and loves us to bits even when a steward wouldn't let him in the players lounge ! My dad said he was genuine bloke
  • Browny said exactly how I felt . During that brighton game he hit the nail on the head bigtime and it was all aimed at the mgr of our club.

He slated us and our playing style under pardew and the way pardew was running the whole thing.

He was honest it was hurting him and he said more than once that he would do everything he could if asked to help sort it out.

Not the actions of a person who disliked us as fans or our club.

The problem is some don't like to hear it .

The phrase " you can't handle the truth" from that film was never more apt.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Browny said exactly how I felt . During that brighton game he hit the nail on the head bigtime and it was all aimed at the mgr of our club.

He slated us and our playing style under pardew and the way pardew was running the whole thing.

He was honest it was hurting him and he said more than once that he would do everything he could if asked to help sort it out.

Your hate will consume you,it is so sad.
  • Rufus is a preacher man now right?
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Browny said exactly how I felt . During that brighton game he hit the nail on the head bigtime and it was all aimed at the mgr of our club.

Did you mean Parkinson ? Pardew was long gone.