Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roberto di Matteo sacked

2»

Comments

• Options
    HV

unless you were on the moon

Torres signed for chelski

suarez and carroll signed for liverpool

all on final day of the tansfer window this week, the window is closed tightly shut
  • Options
    Still got the loans option, agree with the comment of why sack him now though, it was pretty clear that Man City were odds on favorite to win their game , so why not sack him before that and have more time to find a new manager
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]I used to live in Birmingham and work with a lot of Baggies and Wolves fans. West Brom always struck me as a decent club, but under invested.

It really is surprising that Di Matteo, who got them promotion last season, should be sacked now when he has had so little financial support.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that they Chairman has someone already in the frame, just like Pardew and Newcastle, and that the new manager will be given some cash to spend before the transfer window closes. If that is the case, it begs the question why Di Matteo was not given the support?

On the other hand, I could be totally wrong, in which case we might be playing them next season!!!
    Hopefully they'll get the new manager a tardis and he can nip back and snap up Dennis Law for 50 grand.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Still got the loans option,

The new manager won't have the loan option.

The only movement from Top Flight clubs will be players going to lower league teams
  • Options
    Crazy decision in an increasingly mad game.

Who are West Brom going to get who is any better than Di Matteo?

Last season he was being heralded as the next big thing and now they sack him, utter madness.

West Brom and the rest of those relegation fighters are only going to win 10 from 38 games anyway, so two wins from 18 is not as bad as it sounds as there were a lot of draws in there too.

They are a better side than Wigan, Wolves, West Ham, Brum or Blackpool and will get better as the Swedish centre-half gets match fit again.
  • Options
    I think there's a bit more to it. I raised an eyebrow at a headline on the BBC the other day where he was predicting a tough relegation battle already. Maybe the board saw it as a lack of ambition?
  • Options
    sam alladyce!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his job i think!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Still got the loans option, agree with the comment of why sack him now though, it was pretty clear that Man City were odds on favorite to win their game , so why not sack him before that and have more time to find a new manager[/quote]

Do PL clubs have the loan option? I thought they could loan out to lower league clubs but not loan in or have I got that totally wrong?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Still got the loans option, agree with the comment of why sack him now though, it was pretty clear that Man City were odds on favorite to win their game , so why not sack him before that and have more time to find a new manager

Do PL clubs have the loan option? I thought they could loan out to lower league clubs but not loan in or have I got that totally wrong?

Stefco says I have it totally wrong, did not realise, so the decision delayed till after man City does seem strange.
  • Options
    Di Matteo has been sacrificed in the hope that someone can come and save them from relegation and keep them on the Premier league gravy train.

My guess is that Big Sam will get the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's quite easy to go on bad runs in the Premiership - and Di Matteo's CV looks as good as anybody's that they might bring in.The new manager has missed the transfer Window so you would think if they were going to make the change- they might have wanted to do it a bit sooner.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If we get promoted this season and after a good start we go on a bad run, are only a few points off relegation despite not having much to spend well, then Slater will have to axe Powell straight away. It will give us a better chance of staying up so he will have to do it.

KMT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Di Matteo has been sacrificed in the hope that someone can come and save them from relegation and keep them on the Premier league gravy train.

My guess is that Big Sam will get the job.

Can't see them wanting Allardyce myself. They play attacking football and I cant see Sam fitting into that, personally I think maybe Martin Jol could take the job. Fits in with the style of football and is a former baggie too.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I think Di Matteo is overrated. I prefer Lambrusco myself.

I'll get me coat.
  • Options
    He doesn't seem according to the papers to have been unanimously liked by all at the Hawthornes I haven't checked their sites, but many fans of other clubs thought it was ridiculous to get rid of Parkinson and we were divided as fans also.

Seems to be a marmite mgr . Good luck to them I hope they stay up and they get the right man in, seems like they have a highly rated coach within their ranks, Steve keane isn't doing to bad a powelly has had a good start maybe it is showing that the talent is there you just have to be bold and do it
  • Options
    Steve McLaren for this job?
  • Options
    was just thinking the same thing

It rains alot in that part of the world so his Brolley firm will come in handy
  • Options
    West Brom up to 12th - so sacking the manager half-way through the season sometimes works !
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Can't argue with the job Woy has done, they still may go down of course but he is still unbeaten and thats very impressive when you look at who they have played.

Thought Roy was unfairly treated at Liverpool so good to see him get a little ravenge today aswell.