Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Emergency loan window

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
It opens today I believe.
I heard some Leed's fans talking about getting Scholes in on loan, perhaps we should get our name in too? Could be just what we need,
although I'd settle for Jack Wilshere.

I'd be happy if we could extend Matty Fry's deal to the end of the season. Apart from that I'm not sure we really need to strengthen.
Unless of course a player of real quality is available, I think we're alright with what we've got.
Saying that, it is starting to get a little bit boring round here!

Comments

• There's more chance of Richard Keys smashing Harriet Harman live on Question Time than Scholes going to Leeds from their hated rivals.

Re Scholes and Jack Wilshere coming to us see above ;-)
  • Well it won't be Gary Borrowdale for us this season... Carlisle 1 month loan

Another one we missed out on ffs!
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well it won't be Gary Borrowdale for us this season... Carlisle 1 month loan

Powell was probably not even interested in him, so you cant say we missed out unless you know for a fact we made an offer
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well it won't be Gary Borrowdale for us this season... Carlisle 1 month loan

Powell was probably not even interested in him, so you cant say we missed out unless you know for a fact we made an offer

reel em in ;-)
  • I would have thought SCP's priority would be sorting out Matt Fry's situation.
  • I'll be gutted if we miss out on Wiltshire...
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I'll be gutted if we miss out on Wiltshire...

we missed out in Wiltshire last season - couldn't take it again :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I'll be gutted if we miss out on Wiltshire...

No we didn't ...... we played away at Swindon.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I'll be gutted if we miss out on Wiltshire...

No we didn't ...... we played away at Swindon.

but we lost! (well we lost the important one!)
  • edited February 2011
    Borrowdale was good for us last season and a different sort of left back to Bessone . Before we signed Fede I would have welcomed his return.

I agree with the comments above that a Fry extention would suit us better this year .
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

but we lost! (well we lost the important one!)

Ah, subtle, ISaw!
  • We need an Adel Taarabt style player, someone who has a lot of flair and can score goals. Henri Landsbury from Arsenal?
  • Who the hell is Wiltshire?
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well it won't be Gary Borrowdale for us this season... Carlisle 1 month loan

Funny one. I thought he was good for us, but we've got Fry and Jackson I suppose
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyFred[/cite]We need an Adel Taarabt style player, someone who has a lot of flair and can score goals. Henri Landsbury from Arsenal?
    At Norwich
  • [cite]Posted By: Dizzle[/cite]Who the hell is Wiltshire?
    Mario?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well it won't be Gary Borrowdale for us this season... Carlisle 1 month loan

Funny one. I thought he was good for us, but we've got Fry and Jackson I suppose

He did a job I think but it's always going to be a challenge when you end up using 4 left-backs in a season... Bessone as well, I think he'll be first choice when he's over his niggle
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Borrowdale was solid enough, kept the team shape and positionally sound.
    As a defender he did a decent defensive job.

But he offered very little going forward.

Perhaps Powelly was looking for someone able to know when to get forward and get a cross in....... like our RB, whose name escapes me at the moment?

Hence Bessone.
  • I think our real priority now that we have stopped banging everything in the air for the opposing Centre Backs to swallow up, is someone in the Danny Murphy, Andy Reid mould to pick out the runs by our strikers.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Funny one. I thought he was good for us, but we've got Fry and Jackson I suppose[/quote

are you mad? you couldn't play Jackson at full back, he's a midfield general. Scholes? not sure he's creative enough and Wilshere? Bit of a risk - stick with what we've got and just rotate them round a bit - that'll do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Unfortunately players in the mould of Danny murphy/Andy Reid aren't available/not interested in league one. I would love to eat my own words on this one.
  • But Wilshere is?
  • Matt Oakley is one I'd have liked. Is he getting games at Leicester?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]But Wilshere is?

He's starting in a holding role for some ageing tinpot team tomorrow night in a "friendly"

Doesn't even play competitive games and is another holding player really what we need? Think I'll pass.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Matt Oakley is one I'd have liked. Is he getting games at Leicester?

He's decent. I seem to remember Orient having a midfield player who bossed the game over there last year in the first half as well. Don't know if he's still there but he ran the show.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]But Wilshere is?

I wasn't actually being serious mate. Scholes on the other hand ......
  • Scholes wouldn't compliment Semedo so it's a no for me.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm afraid it has to be Bostock , I know its a risk and if it does not come off he would get more stick than other players because of the Palace connection but I can't see anyone within our price range who might come.

We then need to keep one loan back for emergencies ie Daniels / Seip.
  • why on earth would scholes go on loan anywhere? ridiculous suggestion
  • i think it was a joke. I'd made the ridiculous suggestion that there was no way we'd go up unless we brought a *!£$%&*&654$ in and some on here think only the likes of Wishere and Scholes could possibly do better than what we have. Or maybe i'm being paranoid?