Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kings of Leon greatest rock band ever..... or are they?

Comments

• Options
    Kings of Leon ... very overrated ... not a fan at all
  • Options
    all rock music...pony.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No, the Dartford Boys are! Even though they started as a blues band!

Exile the greatest studio album ever!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]all rock music...pony.[/quote]

Good wind up VG
  • Options
    E Street Band and Max Weinberg best drummer (plus Brooce of course)
  • Options
    "Or are they"
  • Options
    And the best rock band of all times is The Beatles.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]all rock music...pony.

Good wind up VG

i actually cant stick rock music but each to their own
  • Options
    thats got to be fake
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Loved the first three albums, seen them live twice and was very disappointed on both occasions. Greatest rock band ever? Not a chance, although they might be the best that Radio 1 play

Feel exactly the same. Their first two in particular were amazing, now? Meeehhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Judas Priest

you may need a change of undies after watching this one...

how many people have actually watched the vids? if not i reconmend the who one and kiss one.

there called shreds people, one of the funniest things to come from the internet since stuwall.
  • Options
    youth & young manhood was a great album and really hoped for great things from them. Turned out to be just another over-hyped yank band. To be honest, i've seen better bands on the local circuit.

The Who win my vote.
  • Options
    They are no longer a rock band.
    These guys are pop, sell-outs.

I was a big fan untill they sold out.

At Reading 2009 they complained that the crowd wasn't loud enough and went on to accuse the crowd of being there for one song (sex on fire).
    Now thats a pretty bold statement as Reading is the most" ROCK" festival around, with the fans who know what the score is and few or no stages with dance,pop,fake rubbish.
    Therefore KOL Had a nerve to accuse the crowd of being there for one song!?

Then the band played Vfest the next year.
    The unofficial CHAV festival, Do you reckon your average V Goer would be able to tell you the lryics to Taper jean girl, or Chamer?
    Doubt it.
    So why did they play there, after the outburst at Reading?
    Oh yes thats it! For money!!
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin are no.1. The Who a close 2nd. All other rock bands should kneel at their feet. Kings of where?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sinking feesh[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Loved the first three albums, seen them live twice and was very disappointed on both occasions. Greatest rock band ever? Not a chance, although they might be the best that Radio 1 play

Feel exactly the same. Their first two in particular were amazing, now? Meeehhhhh

This. Also lost a lot of respect for them after their outburst at Reading 09
  • Options
    Personally I think the rolling stones are probably the best
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Personally I think the rolling stones are probably the best

I second that - Pure Brilliance
  • Options
    kings of leon not a bad live band ,but they will never be as good as u2 who for me are the biggest band on the planet not to everyones taste i know,and ive gotta to say simple minds are fantastic live and still going strong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]kings of leon not a bad live band ,but they will never be as good as u2 who for me are the biggest band on the planet not to everyones taste i know,and ive gotta to say simple minds are fantastic live and still going strong.[/quote]

Each to their own I suppose, I happen to think The Quo are one of the best live bands, the uncoolest band, but superb live, seen em tons of times, however you tell people this and they p!ss themselves, the look they give you. I might as well tell them that I cross dress on a Friday night, which I happen to do as well, I just dont tell anyone!

QUO-O-O-O-O!
  • Options
    Nah.
    I liked the 1st album ok. But the 2nd was a co-write, which annoyed me.
    The stuff they're sh*tting out now its just plain unimaginative.
  • Options
    Agree with Gary, rock music is crap. Rock and roll died when Elvis joined the Army, Little Richart found God and Chuck Berry went to Jail.

OK the Band, the Faces and the Velvets kept the flame alight but thr rest is rubbish. County Soul and Reggae is all that is left.
  • Options
    No - Stiff Little Fingers are
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Eh!...... Dylan, Floyd, U2, the Who, Free,Stones, Tull, Clapton/Cream, Zep, Queen,Doors, Hendrix, Lizzy,Kinks,Nirvana,Presley, Beatles,are just some of the bands that may want to claim that particular title, among many others!

I am not even sure that they are the best contemporary group at present!, but then I would say that would I not!

Good support band, on a decent day at Reading, bit like Wishbone Ash/ or last decades 'wonders' Snow patrol/Oasis/Radiohead/White Stripes....... dare I mention Coldplay.......

Nice try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWhairF_DS8

Post ironic humour in a band that cannot play! does humour belong in music, ask Frank Zappa!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Definitely not, but they've made a good start. When they've produced as much wonderful material as the Who or Led Zep or the Clash or Ramones, then we can re-assess. To my mind they're a bit samey, but certainly not worthy of some of the comments (glowing and hostile).
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Agree with Gary, rock music is crap. Rock and roll died when Elvis joined the Army, Little Richart found God and Chuck Berry went to Jail.

OK the Band, the Faces and the Velvets kept the flame alight but thr rest is rubbish. County Soul and Reggae is all that is left.

Such wise words..... <shaking head smiley>

What are you on? You have the same depth of knowledge of popular music as you do about the game of football - Zero.
  • Options
    Kings of Leon are a bunch of desperate, whining pussies. Try going to a Slayer show, or Deftones, or Faith No More, or Isis, or Mastodon, or the newly-reformed Carcass or the (even more) newly-reformed Kyuss. That's real rock music - not some ponced-up Southern boogie rock pop bullshit.
  • Options
    No.

Next question.