Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The injured ref

I sit at the back of north upper, so I didn't get a good view of what happend to the ref, some are saying he hurt his leg, others are saying he collapsed?

What did happen to him?

Comments

• Broken leg apparently :-(
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Broken leg apparently :-(

Commentators at the game said ankle ligament damage.....either way he will be out for sometime I guess
  • edited February 2011
    Either way he was in a lot of pain. I guess the North stand couldn't see from that far away cos the 'You're not fit to referee' joke seemed a little out of place today.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: rikofold[/cite]Either was he was in a lot of pain. I guess the North stand couldn't see from that far away cos the 'You're not fit to referee' joke seemed a little out of place today.[/quote]

I think it is meant in good humour and I am sure when he has started to recover he will see it was not meant in a derogatory way and he will appreciate the clapping he had going off.

I did not see what happened did he collide with a posh player?
  • yes the posh no6 i think it was, appeared to run into him, look like they were giving him oxygen
    looked in a lot of pain , thought he was having a good game up to that point
  • He was definitely one of the better refs we have seen
  • edited February 2011
    Initially I thought he was having a laugh rolling around on the floor and punching the ground........looked like such an innocuous incident. We seem to be having a run of refs not lasting the 90.
  • One went off vs Plymouth, one disallowed, then allowed then disallowed at Colchester and then one breaks his leg.

The valley is a curse for referees.
  • black magic!?
  • [cite]Posted By: onestevieg[/cite]Initially I thought he was having a laugh rolling around on the floor and punching the ground........

that's what i was thinking , i thought he was taking the piss out of players over reacting the way he was flinging his arms about

hope he has a speedy recovery

does anyone know who became ref , was it the 4th official then who became the 4th official
  • Sponsored links:

• Popped his Achilles and ligaments in his ankle
  • Looked like the P'boro player accidentally raked the back of ref's lower leg just as he landed his foot. Whilst he was down you could see his foot at right angles but the physio straightened it. If he has done his Achilles he's out for months. Thought the medical staff were superb. They had it sorted very quickly.
  • Thought he went down like Paul Alcock in the Di Canio incident....... Perhaps they are trained to go down like this!

I had to laugh at the chant! You are not fit.......
  • [cite]Posted By: rikofold[/cite]Either way he was in a lot of pain. I guess the North stand couldn't see from that far away cos the 'You're not fit to referee' joke seemed a little out of place today.
    To be fair, everyone in the north stand applauded the ref off the pitch afterwards.
  • [cite]Posted By: Hig[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: rikofold[/cite]Either way he was in a lot of pain. I guess the North stand couldn't see from that far away cos the 'You're not fit to referee' joke seemed a little out of place today.
    To be fair, everyone in the north stand applauded the ref off the pitch afterwards.

Not too many in the 'lower' ........
  • That's two referees gone off in three homes games. Didn't notice a black cat anywhere did you?
  • Whens D'Urso back at the Valley ?
    ;-)
  • Perhaps we could send him a get well soon card.
  • Erol Umut, our physio, on Twitter:

"The referee has a minor sprained ankle from yesterdays game. NO it wasn't broken as he thought. It was his pencil in his sock that snapped!"
  • Errol Umit has just said on Twitter that the ref has a sprained ankle. Apparently, he thought he had broken it as he heard a snap.......it was the pencil in his sock!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ross[/cite]Erol Umut, our physio, on Twitter:

"The referee has a minor sprained ankle from yesterdays game. NO it wasn't broken as he thought. It was his pencil in his sock that snapped!"

If that's true, what a fookin HELMET!!!
  • Serious, so are we saying he was rolling around because he heard a snap (his pencil) and thought he had broke his ankle.Ha ha.
  • Oh I take it all back. What a plum! Funniest thing I've heard in ages!
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: rikofold[/cite]Oh I take it all back. What a plum! Funniest thing I've heard in ages!

Oh my!
  • I didnt see anyone touch him, looked like he got his studs caught and just went over.

I thought it was hilarious and you have no soul if you thought otherwise, the ref will dine out on that for a while im sure
  • So he cried like a girl due to a snapped pencil and a sprained ankle?

lol
  • HAHA oh god, i thought i was watching ronaldo in his first season all over again
  • I feel that we've been MISLEAD !
  • Just no point.
  • 2b fair his ankle looked a write off.