Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A mention for Simon Francis today

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
I thought he had a very good game today and considering the stick he gets on here sometimes (rightly so as well) I thought he deserved a positive thread. :-)

Comments

• Spot on.

Defensively he's always a bit of a concern but going forward he's been our best and sometimes almost our only attacking outlet from deep in the last few games.

Keep on bombing on Franny!
  • credit where credit is due well done francis
  • Francis baffles me , he's def a marmite player , his passing is sometimes woeful , i feel he's got a lot more to give and can only get better under CP , if Cp can crack Francis we'll get promoted this season.
  • Very good ... great crosses and very threatening ... looking forward to seeing more of this
  • My mate and I were saying how he's our most improved player. I thought he was terrific today.
  • Man of the match for me today.
  • Spot on.

Excellent today both in defence and going forward. Great assist for Jacksons goal.
  • credit where credit is due well done scp
  • I really must've been at a different game...
  • I feared for him when Boro scored. His back pass was the root cause of the goal. We have all seen him crumble when he makes a mistake, fair play to him. 2nd half was the best 45 he has had in a red shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2nd half he was much better, but I'm struggling to remember a pass to a red shirt in the first half - however in fairness it wasn't just him.
  • I think he has done well all season, and although over hit many crosses, was always in the right place. I think since Powell has came, he is now crossing at 75% and it now working well. Very good game
  • Just needs to stop those chipped passes/clearances which inevitably go to the opponents and he might be a decent player.
  • You get the feeling some people are desperate for him to have a stinker but he's shut a few up in recent weeks. My man of the match.
  • Think he is pony,and today was no different
  • [cite]Posted By: gilbertfilbert[/cite]Man of the match for me today.

As said.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc4life[/cite]Think he is pony,and today was no different

My point proven
  • some people are easily pleased if they think he was our best player!
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]some people are easily pleased if they think he was our best player!

Consider me easily pleased then because he WAS our best player. FACT.......
  • For a defender,he struggles to actually do the simple part of defending.good cross on him but that's all
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]some people are easily pleased if they think he was our best player!

Consider me easily pleased then because he WAS our best player. FACT.......

agreed, for once I didnt get that nervous feeling everytime he got on the ball.
  • I had to listen to two guys next to me put him down for the entire match, they refused to acknowledge anything positive in his play, or for the team as a whole for that matter.
  • edited February 2011
    A player limited in ability and no doubt extra pressure as an easy target for muppets who boo our own players who are trying their best. Made a few mistakes as expected at this level and some poor passes as with other players (less forgivable at professional level) but really played out of his skin for parts of the game. Hope this performance boosts his confidence and elements of the crowd will give him a bit more leeway.

Great effort today.
  • Put in 3 class crosses against Colchester, A fantastic cross for the equaliser and a lovely touch for the second which was the best team goal since Sam against Brentford last season. There is a very good player in there and deserving of our encouragement. Linked up very well with Ecclestone I thought.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc4life[/cite]Think he is pony,and today was no different

Go on mate give us "Superstition"

...or how about "I just called to say I love you"
  • He is only in the side because he is a superb crosser of the ball
  • [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]He is only in the side because he is a superb crosser of the ball

Beckham blagged a pretty good career out of that!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]I had to listen to two guys next to me put him down for the entire match, they refused to acknowledge anything positive in his play, or for the team as a whole for that matter.[/quote]

So you've met NSS and NLA then?
  • His crossing when he does get to the line is very effective, like today when he set up the goal, and at times he made an important tackle, but his corners and free kicks have been at times woeful!
    Yes he wins the ball, too often to give it away. For a big lad at times he get's knocked off the ball. I agree he seems to try and for that I can forgive a lot, at present the most frustrating player in the Charlton squad!
  • Used his strength well, did well in the air and had a real battle with a very good attacking team.

One incident in second half summed up his performance today. Was under pressure in own half, facing east stand and with two posh players around him. Row z seemed the obvious ball but no, a sublime line ball for Eccles to run onto which lead to BWPs shot that nearly went under the keeper.

Bit of confidence goes a long wayM