Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pawel Abbot

2»

Comments

• BBC/PA's live text updates say it all about their level of 'skill' and 'insight' - Langmead scores an unfortunate own goal. Charlton 3 Peterborough 1.

No mention of the build up or anything. Says it all.

Abbott blatantly went for goal with the volley, it was bang on target and only slightly diverted by Langmead who was pretty much on the goal line. Dubious Goals wouldn't even waste valuable seconds on this one.

As for his performance, it was a breath of fresh air after watching how weak BWP and Eccleston were in the first half. Posh have shipped 3, 4, 5 goals to a lot of opponents this season and they should have been easy to break down at the back. Unfortunately, Anyinsah and Abbott are the only two strikers who have proven physically capable of causing these kind of problems with their size and presence.

BWP worked well alongside Anyinsah and you could see the change in him himself when Abbott came on, not to mention as someone already mentioned how much better Eccleston faired with a bit more width and freedom to work.

Of all our diverse forwards, Abbott is the target man and he proved yday what he's proven in tiny little squirts so far (Plymouth away teamed up with Benno, a few cup games etc) - that he really can be a handful for us, even if he never is the 15 goal a season man most teams need.

With BWP on board, that shouldn't be a problem now anyway ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Thought he was excellent, won his headers and worked very hard for the team. Seemed to work well with BWP which is encouraging if Anyinsah carries on his record of getting injuries everytime he gets a few games behind him.

Pity the Abbott goal seems to have been given as an OG.
    That's Abbot's goal all day long. It was on target - ergo it's his goal. If it had been going wide when he hit it, it would have been an OG

I agree There is no way that isn't Abbot's goal. They have changed the player that they have given the O.G. against but the initial shot was clearly on target.
  • If that's an own goal then my sister is my mother etc
  • It didn't even hit Langmead, it hit the bloke behind him but it's 100% Pawel's goal
  • I saw Pawel Abbott in the car park after the match and I congratulated him on his performance and told him I though he had played really well. He seemed very pleased and thanked me.
  • Was excellent really took his chance and if that's the real Abbot hopefully he'll show it more.

Sometimes pace isn't going to work and sometimes having a big lump to come on and hassle the defence gives us another option when it isn't going well.

Was disappointed we got rid of Sodje over Abbot but I'm quite happy to be proved wrong.
  • He got given his chance and he's taken it. Long may it continue!!
  • I'm pleased for him. I've said all season long that he hasn't settled down here and is carrying extra weight. Looks to have shifted some of that (though still a bit on the tubby side) and maybe he's starting to get used to being daan saarf. Think he'll be a very good player for us, if we continue playing to his strengths (i.e. letting him hold the ball up with at least one other player within fifty yards of him)
  • He's lost at least half a stone I think... he won't ever be Anyinsah, let alone Eccleston but when he was chasing the ball he was giving it 100% and was nowhere near as sluggish as he looked earlier in the season... the nutmeg was sublime as well "good feet for a big man"
    ;-)

He's made a great impact off the bench twice now - if Joe and Benno are not fit for Tues I'd like to see him start at Hartlepool how we finished yesterday (before BWP went off)
  • edited February 2011
    I can exclusively reveal that the real Pawel Abbott has until recently spent much of his time locked in a primary school boiler room by a doppelganger school caretaker who will remain anonymous.

The real Pawel Abbott did play against Bournemouth and Shrewsbury but since then he has then been entrusted to the care of MOG each Saturday in Covered End Upper whilst said caretaker has successfully infiltrated the Charlton first team squad and on occasions actually made the pitch.

However earlier this week Pawel escaped the boiler room and is now back at Sparrows Lane and turned out yesterday.

You read it here first.

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Abbott and Powell for making the change at half time.At last i can look those around me in the face and say i always told you Abbott was a good signing!Lets hope it continues and i was so pleased when Abbott got the goal he and his performance deserved,he certainly changed the game and won the match for us.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I can exclusively reveal that the real Pawel Abbott has until recently spent much of his time locked in a primary school boiler room by a doppelganger school caretaker who will remain anonymous.

The real Pawel Abbott did play against Bournemouth and Shrewsbury but since then he has then been entrusted to the care of MOG each Saturday in Covered End Upper whilst said caretaker has successfully infiltrated the Charlton first team squad and on occasions actually made the pitch.

However earlier this week Pawel escaped the boiler room and is now back at Sparrows Lane and turned out yesterday.

You read it here first.

Been to the pub Len ? ;0)
  • Pawel is quite clearly technically gifted, Darlington fans said he was the most gifted player they'd ever seen play for their club. Huddersfield fans rated him too. He did a good job in a strugglin Oldham side last year and I think he'd score goals, just looks a bit immobile this year at times.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I can exclusively reveal that the real Pawel Abbott has until recently spent much of his time locked in a primary school boiler room by a doppelganger school caretaker who will remain anonymous.

You read it here first.

FACT !

& TRUE !!

;-)
  • on yesterdays showing he had a bit of everything and made a massive impact. pleased for him and i agree he looks half a stone lighter but could still do with losing a bit more. get a feeling cp has laid it on the line to a few of them.
  • To be fair to Abbott he has been pretty badly misused this season, he played upfront with Sodje/Martin in the early part of the season and later on with Benson and none of those suit his style of play at all.

He needs a fast runner playing off him and dragging defenders out of position - which is why he looks much better with Anyinsah and BWP.

In addition, a target player like Abbott needs midfield runners that look for his lay-offs and this is something that Semedo/Racon are not comfortable doing, the only player we have that can do that is Wagstaff and maybe Ecclestone.

Too often this season we have lumped the ball to Abbott and expected him to link the play when he has no team-mates in the same post code as he is.

Furthermore, he needs service from the flanks to be dangerous in terms of scoring goals and we have not provided enough consistent quality from wide areas until the last couple of games.

The truth is that there are not that many better target-men than Abbott plying their trade in League One.
  • Spot on Ormiston, couldn't have said it better myself.
  • I have to say that when I saw him play against Swindon, despite his goal, I really thought he was the worst striker I had ever seen play for us. Maybe that was a hasty judgement but that was how bad he looked, and very much over weight.

The players have already said that CP has been working them harder then Pawel clearly must have benefited.

The lack of a reserve league cannot be helping those on the fringe of the team/squad.

We have had a number of players over the years who have come good after looking pretty ordinary.

Killer for example didn't look that good when he first came. Flash didn't either.

Its a funny old game as they say but looking at parallels can be beguiling and also a fools prospectus. I am mindful of the early 70's when in came Theo Foley, but was unable to keep us up. We went down to the Third and during this period he signed Killer, and Flash amongst others. He was replaced by Andy Nelson who fashioned a promotion winning team with those two at the heart.

Looking at the current team, we have players like Pawel signed by Parky who made little impact under him but could turn out to be the final piece in the jigsaw - a long side BWP and NE
  • Good performance by the abbott and I've always said there's a decent player in there , hopefully sir chris can pull him out

As for those who thought losing sodje instead of abbott was a mare

Paaaah clueless the lot of ya
  • edited February 2011
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    I wonder if CP will seize this unexpected opportunity and start with Abbott on Tuesday night or sub again, interesting.

A new manager will usually inspire one or two fringe players: I thought it might be Llera with CP being a LB/defender and all that. But it's looking like it could be Francis at the moment and hopefully Abbott (come on son show us what you can do).