Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Parker

Comments

• and to add would love to see him manage us one day, I know he is still friends with a lot ex board members which despite the way he left, is testament to the man.
  • Love the player, but can't forgive him not seeing the 2003/2004 season out
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]and to add would love to see him manage us one day, I know he is still friends with a lot ex board members which despite the way he left, is testament to the man.

Do you think he's management material? I'm not sure about that.
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Love the player, but can't forgive him not seeing the 2003/2004 season out

I agree - people think it's all ancient history now, but it mattered and I don't think we'd be where we are now if he'd stayed.
  • As much as he wanted out, the club wanted the money. He should have stayed for the season, he would have gone to the Euros.
  • http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13167837.stm

"The former Chelsea and Newcastle player will receive the award on 12 May." - no mention of us in that article. Am I being petty?
  • First time he's ever won a proper award. Can't stand the bloke and makes me feel much worse about Charlton where we are and some of our Ex players.
    He ruined his carrer when leaving us so makes me more upbeat
    I heard he's on 75k a week by West Ham mate
  • [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]First time he's ever won a proper award. Can't stand the bloke and makes me feel much worse about Charlton where we are and some of our Ex players.
    His teammates should bump that up by dipping into their own packets. Arsehole of a man, but the only thing that has even given them a sniff of staying up this season is Parker. Without him they'd be fifteen points adrfit at the bottom.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: December_The_5TH[/cite]First time he's ever won a proper award. Can't stand the bloke and makes me feel much worse about Charlton where we are and some of our Ex players.
    His teammates should bump that up by dipping into their own packets. Arsehole of a man, but the only thing that has even given them a sniff of staying up this season is Parker. Without him they'd be fifteen points adrfit at the bottom.

Won the PFA young player of the year award in 2003/2004 and has gone on to win 3 more England caps. Even with winning this award he has never reach his potential
  • Well deserved. I don't think any player makes as much difference to their team as Parker does for West Ham. I don't know what he's like as a person, but I certainly don't judge him by his decision to leave us. I would probably have done the same in his position and we got good money for him at the time. It isn't his fault if we didn't spend it well.
  • The blokes a greedy ****.
    Bollocks to him and his award.
  • Sponsored links:

• now now dont get nasty
  • He deserved the award and Im glad he got it. He is now among the list of previous winners such as Ronaldo, Rooney and top players that play for top clubs, so its refreshing to know that a player playing for a club in the bottom 3 can win the award.
    Of course most players are over paid especially in the premiership, but if anyone earns and deserves there money than its him. He is so commited and very important to west ham. Ive got alot of respect for him as a footballer.

Cant forgive him for what he did to us we were in a great position at the time, We might not have finished 4th if he stayed but we will never know the outcome. I didnt like the fact that he said "Ive progressed to a maximum level at charlton" on hes chelsea move, we were 4th !! The timing and the way he left us let the club down big time. Still we all make mistakes and I hope he would class hes Chelsea move as a mistake. I think with this award and the fact that he is now in the England set-up, there is a big chance he will release an autobiography - that would be a good read.
  • Arsehole of a bloke? Sorry leroy I think most of what u say is spot on but can't agree on this one. Ok he acted badly when he left us but. Whenever he wore the charlton shirt he was 100% committed and gave me some great memories as the driving force behind the best cafc team I have and maybe will, ever see. Well done Scott.
  • Well deserved. Scotty Parker always gives 100% and did the same for Charlton as well. I certainly don't blame him for moving to Chelsea. It proved to be the wrong move for him but I still don't blame him and am sure that 99% of people in his situation would have done the same. A footballer's career can be cut short at any time so they need to take opportunities as they arise.
  • Never fulfilled his potential and the move to Chelsea was the wrong one for him at the time and of course did us no favours either. If he had stayed he'd have got a move in the summer to a club who really wanted him as opposed to one that was just running scared of us. Will never forgive him for that.
  • Don't give a toss what he won. He means nothing to me since he left the club. Don't love him or hate him. Same goes for Shelvey. I follow Charlton, not our formers employees
  • edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ME14addick[/cite] I still don't blame him and am sure that 99% of people in his situation would have done the same. A footballer's career can be cut short at any time so they need to take opportunities as they arise.

Exactly but those living in cloud cuckoo Charlton land can't see beyond the rose tinted mist in their eyes

Still hate the fact he left but don't hate the plaaaayer hate the game
  • edited April 2011
  • Think his an outstanding player, shame he left, but it's history and thats that.
    as others have already said, he carries west ham, and I have no doubts they would already be relegated without him.
  • Good luck to the guy, All I can say is that he came to the Valley at our kids football award night and was great with the kids, and was very humble, and down to earth!
    He was not a top player at the time, only playing in his first season, but gave his time for nothing so a decent bloke, who played for a local team that I recall!

Saw him against Fulham this year at Wt spam , and was the best player on the park by a country mile!

yes he did make a playing career going to Chelsea, but if he had a contract that allowed him to talk to Prem clubs above us, well talk the chairman, the guy was only trying to secure his future, i was as gutted as most when he left, and yes he could have stayed, but do we really know the reasons!...... I am sure Charlton did well out of the deal.

If some of the players had played like Parker did, and has then we would not be in the Shit we are in!
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard someone say that Parker is in the form of his life at West Ham. They obviously didn't see him play for Charlton. In my view he is only just getting back to anywhere near that standard. Going to Chelsea was the worst thing he ever did for his football career, but that's hindsight for you.
  • He made a lot of money out of the move and so did we, the fact that we did not spend it wisely enough to replace him effectively was never his fault.
  • Agree with the last two posters!...... thought he lost his way at Chelsea, he was still a young player and was going to be a big ask at that club at the time, who frankly at the time could be an entire new side every year!. Players like managers move on. I thought Darren Bent showed exceptional loyalty, and perhaps his England appearances suffered because he played for Charlton. Who knows!...... Seems like Sunderland have sunk like a stone since he left!. Good to see a player like Parker getting the recognition from a struggling club! that would be sunk without him!, although I think that awards are a very subjective things myself.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave21[/cite]He deserved the award and Im glad he got it. He is now among the list of previous winners such as Ronaldo, Rooney and top players that play for top clubs, so its refreshing to know that a player playing for a club in the bottom 3 can win the award.
    Of course most players are over paid especially in the premiership, but if anyone earns and deserves there money than its him. He is so commited and very important to west ham. Ive got alot of respect for him as a footballer.

Cant forgive him for what he did to us we were in a great position at the time, We might not have finished 4th if he stayed but we will never know the outcome. I didnt like the fact that he said "Ive progressed to a maximum level at charlton" on hes chelsea move, we were 4th !! The timing and the way he left us let the club down big time. Still we all make mistakes and I hope he would class hes Chelsea move as a mistake. I think with this award and the fact that he is now in the England set-up, there is a big chance he will release an autobiography - that would be a good read..

This.
    Spot on Dave
  • Only just seen this. Sorry if posted before. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/scott-parker-returns-300617/. Wonder what sort of coach he'll make...
  • Gary Neville was saying what a fantastic coach he is the other day
  • cafc-west said:

Only just seen this. Sorry if posted before. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/scott-parker-returns-300617/. Wonder what sort of coach he'll make...

Of all the recent retired "top" players, I would expect Parker to be one of the best coaches/managers, I think he's got the knowledge and discipline to do really well.
    We'll see. Not an articulate man and as such it's always hard to know how well a person will be able to communicate with players.

Good luck to him nonetheless
  • wmcf123 said:

cafc-west said:

Only just seen this. Sorry if posted before. http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/scott-parker-returns-300617/. Wonder what sort of coach he'll make...

Of all the recent retired "top" players, I would expect Parker to be one of the best coaches/managers, I think he's got the knowledge and discipline to do really well.
    We'll see. Not an articulate man and as such it's always hard to know how well a person will be able to communicate with players.

Good luck to him nonetheless

Mind you, I thought Lee Bowyer was an inarticulate gobshite but in interviews he comes across well and he seems to doing just fine as a coach. I just hope Parker has learned from his own experiences and doesn't produce young players who will act like whiny bitches when they don't get their own way.