Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

McCormack Over Racon?

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]saved us two points the other night off the line..

We didn't deserve those points mascot. We should hand them back really.
  • [cite]Posted By: Themightyath[/cite]If you watch McCormack he never actually wants the ball, he watches the opposition rather than the game, he'll go through large periods of the game without even touching the ball as he's just chasing players. In the first half we were crying out for someone who wanted the ball and could look up - certainly Racon can do that better than McCormack.

McCormack is a very poor player!

IF McCormack is a very poor player then we are in trouble because that means we have a manager that picks very poor players when he has other options. What nonsense.
  • Nonsense!!? - surely everyone is entitled to an opinion?!?

I think it fair to say that this is not the strongest squad we've ever had and in MY OPINION McCormack is a poor player in that squad. He was part of a Southend side that got relegated last year and I believe that League two would be his level.
  • r
    [cite]Posted By: Themightyath[/cite]Nonsense!!? - surely everyone is entitled to an opinion?!?

I think it fair to say that this is not the strongest squad we've ever had and in MY OPINION McCormack is a poor player in that squad. He was part of a Southend side that got relegated last year and I believe that League two would be his level.

So every player that gets relegated is a poor player then ? Macca has limitations sure but just to say he is very poor is in my opinion nonsense and I suspect CP has a higher opinion of him than you also.
  • No i've not said that every player that gets relegated is a poor player - as I said it's just my opinion and I do believe that had we had any money before the season started we would not have signed him, unfortunately we didn't so we signed what we could - a free transfer from a side that got relegated with limited talent. Football is all about opinions that's what makes it so great!
  • We need squad players and at this level that's exactly what McCormack is.
  • If we had money pre season we would probably only have bought Jackson and Reid and Reid is dubious
  • McCormack is very much a squad player- but so is Racon, in fact so is everyone. Whatever the pros/cons of their game and their relative talents the players get picked because they are what the team needs and only for that reason. Racon may well end up back in the side at some stage but its going to have to be because he earnt it not because he wasn;t part of a relegated team last season.
  • When Racon gets his chance again hopefully he'll show the form that he showed when he came back into the team earlier in the season.

I also hope Mccormack improves and puts in performances which make him undropable.
  • Abbott is a squad player but came on and helped change the game yesterday.

Macca has had some good games in recent weeks but was poor yesterday especially in the first half when we didn't set up right to counter a good team.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've watched the last 3 home games and apart from that goal line clearance I can't recall anything good about McCormack he doesn't seem to want the ball passes it backwards or sideways and the only forward pass he made yeserday was a rubbish ball to BWP when Eccles was clear in space down the right.
    When the 2 wide players go missing as JJ and Waggy did in the first half the attention moves to the middle and it is worrying if Semedo offers the only forward movement from midfield.
    Was actually impressed by McC in the first game against Bournemouth when he made a couple of Bailey style forward runs but have seen little forward movement from him since he recently got back in the team
  • I would say Racon all the time and wouldnt even make McCormack second choice for the midfield roll that is by what ive seen this season.But there are some very good points mentioned as to why McCormack is playing instead of Racon for the team.
  • Semedo has been playing some of his best football with McCormack - why would you change that?
  • bit scared to get involved in the midfield debate to be honest but i certainly struggle to see what attributes macormack has and although i agree that racon has more ability, i don't think he's the answer either. cp will sort it with a loan or two i'm sure.
  • People question Racon's ability to change a game and 'take it by the nuts' but I think he's won us 3 games this season already with goals/assists and when Semedo had an iffy patch Racon was the one that stepped forward and got stuck in, winning challenges, breaking up play and moving the ball around. McCormack is the one that flatters to deceive, he shirked tackles all the time earlier on in the season, gets pulled out of position too much and can't seem to offer much attacking. He's just not a player I want to see starting many games for us, 4 wins out of 4 or not.