Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hartlepool vs. Charlton | 15/2/2011 | Preview, Polls, Views and News

Comments

• Another tight game me thinks, I would be very happy with a draw here...

However, If we want to get promoted automatically, these are the sort of games that we must win...
  • Think we will nick this 1-0 or 2-1. I'd start with BWP and Abbott up-front playing 4-4-2, NE on the right in place of Waggy.
    Once again it wont be easy, no games are in this Division, and Pool will be smarting from a 4-1 reverse on saturday and will want to prove a point to their management team, however start in the first half the way we played in the 2nd and I think we will have too much for them.
    Take 6 points fom next 2 games and we will be right in the mix for auto's and still have some games in hand.
  • "Quality Is Expected, Effort Is Demanded". I think we'll win.
  • [align=center]Elliott
    Francis Doc Dailly Fry
    Semedo Racon
    Eccleston
    Jackson
    Abbott BWP[/align]

3-0 win
  • I would go 4-5-1 and use the undoubted pace we have at the minute to hurt them on the break.

Elliot

Francis
    Doc
    Dailly
    Fry

Eccleston
    Semedo
    Mccormack
    Jackson
    Reid

BWP

If the going gets tough, Abbot's there for the hold up play but it's a tough one to call as to the result
  • If we get going on the first half I can see us winning with ease 3-0 to the Reds.
  • I'm concerned the likes of Dailly might be knackered especially if his injury is playing up.

I fear a loss but hope to be wrong!
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Athletico Charlton[/cite]Given our Board seem to have a little cash are we flying up for this game - maybe we went up today & are staying over - not such a long trip then (in terms of travel time anyway). Yep it might be cold but it is here too so i don't buy in too much to the long northern trip etc...a game we should win and if our strikers are on form could win comfortably. I will go for 1-3 to us and onwards to Exeter.

coach up Monday. Back to the hotel after the game for soup and sandwiches and staying overnight meaning they can get straight to bed without a gruelling cramped road journey home. On Wednesday they will get up late, late breakfast then use the hotels facilities by using the gym and having a swim before heading home around midday. MAY be given Thursday off depending on circumstances. All true, the things you learn in the Boardroom on a match day !!
  • Is there a Hotel with a pool and gym around Hartlepool?
  • Sponsored links:

• Neck out and 0-4 a la Tranmere last season.
  • I'm a bit worried that they appear to raise their game against the top teams in the division having already beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Colchester and Oldham so whilst my heart says good away win my head says narrow defeat - there's fence sitting for you!
  • [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]I'm a bit worried that they appear to raise their game against the top teams in the division having already beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Colchester and Oldham so whilst my heart says good away win my head says narrow defeat - there's fence sitting for you!

fair point but at the weekend they just lost to brigton 4-1, although it was away
  • 1-2

BWP with both.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: East Kent Addick[/cite]I'm a bit worried that they appear to raise their game against the top teams in the division having already beaten Brighton, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Colchester and Oldham so whilst my heart says good away win my head says narrow defeat - there's fence sitting for you!

fair point but at the weekend they just lost to brigton 4-1, although it was away

And brighton are a much better team than us....

It really concerns me that we struggle to create chances and I hope that dosnt cost us come the end of the season.
  • Quite a bit could depend upon our injuries here i feel. Also worried about NE palying in a 4 man midfield - worked for a while saturday but left us terribly exposed defensively at times.Having said that can't really leave him out and it didnt seem to working with BWP and him up front. So some interesting selection problems for SCP I feel.
  • I would be tempted to rest Daily (if he is still injured: at 37 years old, he is bound to feel the effect of so many games). However, we dont want to disrupt our defence, as they seem to be playing very well in recent games. I would start Racon and abbott as well, because the pitch probably wont be too good and therefore having a big lad up alongside BWP could work wonders like it did against p'boro. I would start with eccleston on the right and jackson on the left.
  • I can see a last minute winner from Doc today. About time he scored! COYR!
  • According to the ticket office this morning over 200 of us hardy souls on our way up there.
  • [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Quite a bit could depend upon our injuries here i feel.

With luck it sounds like only two of Powell's first-choice starting XI will be missing - Bessone and Anyinsah.

BWP, Eccleston, Abbott and - if needs be - Wagstaff offer plenty up-front and Semedo, Mac, Racon, Jackson, Wagstaff and Reed mean there are options in midfield. It's only at the back we look a bit thin in cover.

Of the side which started when we visited Hartlepool last season, two or at most three out-players will start this evening - Dailly, Semedo and may be Racon.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Quite a bit could depend upon our injuries here i feel.

With luck it sounds like only two of Powell's first-choice starting XI will be missing - Bessone and Anyinsah.

BWP, Eccleston, Abbott and - if needs be - Wagstaff offer plenty up-front and Semedo, Mac, Racon, Jackson, Wagstaff and Reed mean there are options in midfield. It's only at the back we look a bit thin in cover.

Of the side which started when we visited Hartlepool last season, two or at most three out-players will start this evening - Dailly, Semedo and may be Racon.

Elliot? Or was Gandalf in the side by then?
  • Elliot did play last year. But I specifically said out-players, Len!
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]Elliot did play last year. But I specifically said out-players, Len!

Sorry didn't read it properly!
  • Just got to our hotel in seaton carew. The breeze off the north sea is, shall we say,
    ' bracing'.
  • personally i think we will lose 1-0
  • Seems to be a lot of advertising for live stream of tonights game.
    Try googling "15/02/2011 Hartlepool vs Charlton"
    On PP website as live on TV also.
    What channel/broadcaster though?
  • streaming?

really?

no way?

is it being shown in uk?
    if not - no stream

those websites just try it on
  • 2 - 2
    Abbott and Ecclestone.

If we lose, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off due to budgetary restraints until further notice. !!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Seems to be a lot of advertising for live stream of tonights game.
    Try googling "15/02/2011 Hartlepool vs Charlton"
    On PP website as live on TV also.
    What channel/broadcaster though?[/quote]

There always seems to be lots of google results for live streaming of all our games, but all of the ones I've looked at never work unless the match is on Sky etc.
  • On BBC radio Tees I think. Hopefully can get it over tinternet unlike Essex