Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradley Wright Phillips

May have been mentioned before but how many players have scored in there first three league games for a new club?

Comments

• Is that a piss take Henners or serious answer?
  • judas defoe has the record, I think he got 7 in a row for Bournemouth.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Is that a piss take Henners or serious answer?

No, there are six players including BWP who've scored in their first three games.
  • what about for us ?
  • Ralph Allen (first 5 games) 34/5 season

Darren Bent (4) 05/06

Allan Simonsen (4) 82/83

BWP (3) and counting 10/11

John Evans (3) 50/51

Jimmy Gibson (3) 25/26
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Ralph Allen (first 5 games) 34/5 season

Darren Bent (4) 05/06

Allan Simonsen (4) 82/83

BWP (3) and counting 10/11

John Evans (3) 50/51

Jimmy Gibson (3) 25/26[/quote]

Ok, Thanks, I thought that was just a random number you came out with!

Ta
  • edited February 2011
    CharltonParkLane - I find your lack of faith disturbing

: - )
  • I also know your dry, sarcastic side so wasnt sure!!!
  • Somebody bought a programme on Saturday

:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Somebody bought a programme on Saturday

Nah - at least 2 people bought a programme.

FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]I also know your dry, sarcastic side so wasnt sure!!!

Moi?

: - )
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Somebody bought was given a programme on Saturday

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Is that a piss take Henners or serious answer?

No, there are six players including BWP who've scored in their first three games.

Henry knows nothing, until he wears his Magic Cardigan.

All is then revealed to him.

;o)
  • Bent form mem sunderland Birmingham spurs pompey?
  • Wasn't this answered on Twitter on Saturday?
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Wasn't this answered on Twitter on Saturday?

Not everyone is a young trendy twitter like you Bing : - )

Of course I just knew the answer and had no need to refer to either twitter or the programme. : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]Bent form mem sunderland Birmingham spurs pompey?

Sunderland (2)
    Wigan (1)
    Boro (1)
    Birmingham (1)

4 goals in first 4 games and 5 overall - there you go Bradders... that's your target!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not everyone is a young trendy twitter like you Bing : - )

I flatter myself that I am young at heart....: - )
  • BWP has been a great signing, although he hasnt contributed a huge amount in general play he has scored 3 vital goals and helped us win 9 points. Goalscorers can be the difference between staying in this division and going up, but we really need to give him plenty of chances. Sometimes we do lack creativity, which could be a problem. Lets hope he can carry on scoring and we carrying on winning games!
  • From memory, I believe BWP this season scored 13 goals from just 16 appearances for Argyle (including 1 against us, naturally).

And now 3 in 3 for Charlton.

I'm good at sums, so I make it total 16 goals from just 19 appearances.
    Phenominal!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]From memory, I believe BWP this season scored 13 goals from just 16 appearances for Argyle (including 1 against us, naturally).

And now 3 in 3 for Charlton.

I'm good at sums, so I make it total 16 goals from just 19 appearances.
    Phenominal!

Your sums are better than your spelling Oggy :-)

Phenomenal
  • Thank you, Len. I must do better next time, ha ha.
    I knew you were too good at English to be an accountant.

;o)
  • God knows how,has to be one of the laziest players ever going on the Exeter game.Did not run back too much and when he did looked totaly out of breath.
  • I'm not moaning, we have our 20 goal a season player imo. All we need now is someone who can pass to him.
  • Like Hales, all he does is score goals, what a waste of space they are ;-)
  • Darren Bent too.

He has a habit of being in the right place at the right time, gets goals whatever happens. EXACTLY what we've needed since Bent left.

Players like Anyinsah & Abbott will do the hard bit, he just needs to put it away
  • The number of times I've heard someone say that a player contributes nothing, yet they keep popping up and scoring goals! I'm a simple man and as far as I'm concerned, if all BWP does is score 20+ goals per season for us, his name is first on the team-sheet.
  • edited February 2011
    He is god, nuff said
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]He is god, nuff said

Very Very good!
  • Yes I had a man next to me at the exter game and he kept calling hima lazy f****, so I ahd to point out that Derek Hales was not known for his 40 yard runs to and from defence, but he did his job which was to hang about in the oppos goal area and score which is what he did, and if Bradley Wrigt- Philips proves as succesful I will be over the moon to have a genuine striker in the team once again.
    This guy also kept having goes at Smedo for only making sideways and back passes,ignored the fact he was the most effective charlton player when it came to making tackles in midfield and did go on one great run into the opposition penalty area. But I guess we all see the game differently which is what makes it entertaining.