Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bradley Wright Phillips

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]Yes I had a man next to me at the exter game and he kept calling hima lazy f****, so I ahd to point out that Derek Hales was not known for his 40 yard runs to and from defence, but he did his job which was to hang about in the oppos goal area and score which is what he did, and if Bradley Wrigt- Philips proves as succesful I will be over the moon to have a genuine striker in the team once again.
    This guy also kept having goes at Smedo for only making sideways and back passes,ignored the fact he was the most effective charlton player when it came to making tackles in midfield and did go on one great run into the opposition penalty area. But I guess we all see the game differently which is what makes it entertaining.

I saw hales make a great run from the half way line to the penalty area once, it was our penalty area and he was scared he was going to miss a ruck, so got in there double quick.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Like Hales, all he does is score goals, what a waste of space they are ;
    If he Bradly Wright-Phillips turn out too be half as successful as Hales i will not be moaning.
    HALES brought for 2000 pounds or was it 4000 pounds then we sold him for what was at the time the 5th biggest deal in the country and he still came back to Charlton to set more records for the club.
    Bradly Wright-Phillips like Hales only in your dreams.If he scores 20 goals in 46 games and then does it again in the next 46 games come back to me by almeans.
  • Ops quote went wrong but you know what i mean.
  • I was glad BWP got the goal last sat, as that will help keep his confidence up and thus hopefully he will score more goals in the coming months
  • Just how bad was that kick against Notts County did not get the chance to watch the game.
  • Pretty bad. Far too soft.
  • [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Just how bad was that kick against Notts County did not get the chance to watch the game.

Tamer than the tamest tame thing that ever shrivelled back to tameville
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Just how bad was that kick against Notts County did not get the chance to watch the game.

Tamer than the tamest tame thing that ever shrivelled back to tameville

That bad, okay will let sleeping dogs lie.
  • edited February 2011
    If the ball is sticking on a poor surface, then don't take a penalty along the deck ... BWP did
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]If the ball is sticking on a poor surface, then don't take a penalty along the deck ... BWP did
    He looked off form for whole game, his shooting was pretty appauling, was surprised he even wanted to take it.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think he's taken many/any before but the problem was who to give it to... Dailly has scored for us (twice?) in penalty shoot-outs but that would have looked a strange choice given we have one of the league's top scorers on the pitch that picks up cheques to score goals. It's a strange one, you couldn't argue with him taking it but maybe he doesn't like doing it? Not that I understand how a striker wouldn't want a free shot at goal and would spurn a penalty but there you go, that's for another day. It was hard watching on sky, the replays were absolutely appalling last night, we were still watching one when BWP began his run-up... was there any discussion before the kick... did anyone else go towards as if it might be theirs? Or did BWP go straight for it? Is this the kind of thing that would've been discussed for 10 seconds at half time given Jacko was going off or would it just be left to the moment?
  • edited February 2011
    He is probably the back up taker so no discussion was required I guess but just the way he was performing someone should have had a word.. Personally I'd have given it to Francis.
  • Been nominated for the league 1 player of the year...

http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2317903,00.html
  • I lay money he won't win
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Leaburn[/cite]I lay money he won't win[/quote]

Not Now he's with us !
  • If we don't get the points a Dagenham then as soon as Benson is back we should get BWP in for his knee op, so that he has more recovery time before next season.
  • Mackail-Smith is nailed on for l1 player of the year.
  • any brighton players in it?
  • Given that our season is over and BWP requires a knee operation in the summer, I'd like him to have the operation now so that he can have a long period of convalescence and be ready for pre season in July.

Ecclestone, Benson could deputise.
  • Not a bad shout if he really does require a op, although I don't think anyone has officially said he needs one, plus he has been playing Tuesday Saturday pretty much every week for us without too many problems so it doesn't sound like it's too critical at the moment...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Not a bad shout if he really does require a op, although I don't think anyone has officially said he needs one, plus he has been playing Tuesday Saturday pretty much every week for us without too many problems so it doesn't sound like it's too critical at the moment...

I'm sure when he signed it was said that he had a knee injury (which resulted in him failing a medical with reading) that would be managed on a day to day basis and that he would have an operation in the summer
  • edited April 2011
    yeah good shout kap sir
  • Not a bad idea yeah....i would be happy with that. Would give Eccles a chance to show he can play up top. KMT