Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Grant Basey-Abuse

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Anyone hear the bile being spouted at Basey from the end section of NL when he was warming up?

What did Basey ever do wrong for Charlton?

Absolutely pathetic and deeply embarassing. The anger on the tossers' faces who were shouting at the tops of their voices was incredible.

Comments

• Probably the same group of morons I heard yelling the C word at Frazer Richardson on the Southampton coach at the postponed game...

Wish they'd clear off to Millsmall.
  • Can't understand that. It seemed pretty mutual at the time - he wanted to go, we weren't bothered if he stayed or left. I think he wanted more money to re-sign with us, but at the time (pre-takeover) the club couldn't afford any more and/or didn't think he was worth more. His career since doesn't make me wish we'd kept him to be frank.
  • eh ?, Grant Basey ?
  • You cant hear four thousand singing from the other end of the ground let alone a couple shouting.
  • abuse to basey (or richardson for that matter) is totally out of order
  • I thought I heard a few people booing him when his name was called out, and I was sitting in the West Upper. Not sure where it was coming from. Surprising as he did nothing wrong and always tried his best for us.
  • Sign of the times with some of the idiots that follow us.
  • Not surprised tbh.

Basey knows there are some numpties at Charlton so hopefully will remember the better reception he got at Underhill in the Cup.
  • They abuse ex-players because it's what they think they should do and don't have the intelligence to do anything that they haven't seen or heard someone else do before.
  • Some even abuse players who never actually played for us! Like that lively lad who plays up front for Spurs. Works though as he never scores loads every time he plays against us.....
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]They abuse ex-players because it's what they think they should do and don't have the intelligence to do anything that they haven't seen or heard someone else do before.
    I think you've got that spot on. Also football fans are meant to be evil.
  • We like every other club have a small number of ignorant fans - They reflect society - we all wish we didn't though.
  • most of it was horrible, but I must admit I laughed when they compared him to a slow slug
  • It's interesting actually. I had to miss this game through illness and certainly wouldn't have booed Grant Basey who always seemed like a good guy. But I do think it's interesting the difference in opinion.

Firstly, we always used to greet ex players fondly, providing they didn't offend by going to a rival or other. Now we have a new wave of unpleasant fans who do this sort of thing.

Secondly, now we are booing and it gets slated by fans whereas just a few years ago we WEREN'T booing yet Pardew slated us for NOT doing so.
  • [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]It's interesting actually. I had to miss this game through illness and certainly wouldn't have booed Grant Basey who always seemed like a good guy. But I do think it's interesting the difference in opinion.

Firstly, we always used to greet ex players fondly, providing they didn't offend by going to a rival or other. Now we have a new wave of unpleasant fans who do this sort of thing.

Secondly, now we are booing and it gets slated by fans whereas just a few years ago we WEREN'T booing yet Pardew slated us for NOT doing so.

I think the operative word there is Pardew.

Complete tosser who today was trying to get into the limelight of Rooneys goal.

With prbably one exception (Judas Defoe) I will always welcome back former players (that said I did not realise Basey was in their team on Saturday).
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Danny Addick[/cite]It's interesting actually. I had to miss this game through illness and certainly wouldn't have booed Grant Basey who always seemed like a good guy. But I do think it's interesting the difference in opinion.

I think the operative word there is Pardew.

Complete tosser who today was trying to get into the limelight of Rooneys goal.

With prbably one exception (Judas Defoe) I will always welcome back former players (that said I did not realise Basey was in their team on Saturday).

Basey was an unused sub.
  • He's put on some timber as well .... Saw him warming up and he was humongous
  • edited February 2011
  • North Lower by the tunnel?

That'll probably be those "hilarious" fellas that started up the song about Kevin Lisbie living in a tree. As you can tell, they're a real class act by all accounts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Possibly the same muppets I had a running with a year ago when they started making jokes aimed towards Lloyd Sam.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]North Lower by the tunnel?

That'll probably be those "hilarious" fellas that started up the song about Kevin Lisbie living in a tree. As you can tell, they're a real class act by all accounts.

same lot from Swindon away then it's amazing that the stewards can go in after a group of kids spouting a bit of football banter at away fans in the west yet we all know who are singing racist shite at players and they are still in the ground
  • Christ, some people are idiots....
  • Not to mention the idiots who thought it was ok to shout every possible swear word at the 50+ 6-10 year olds at half time at Yeovil last week. 2 of the worst supporters that I have witnessed in supporting Charlton for over 30 years.
  • North Lower Corner boys? They reckon a fella dressed in black, sits near me, looks like Richard O'Brian and sing it at him! And to be fair he does ;-) also suspect he maybe a cross dresser too! They were singing to him as he came out "Start the Fans please"! The catch phrase from the Crystal Maze....hilarious, i nearly soiled myself!.

However can't condone the Basey abuse.
  • Be interesting to see what they come up with this Saturday.

1. Tisdale's cap?
    2. Not being able to see properly because of all the £5 ticket holders?
  • He scored for Peterborough tonight!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He scored for Peterborough tonight!
    On his debut as well
  • the hartlepool commentator said tonight that sometimes football fans have brains the size of peanuts, and i make him right.
  • No doubt they would have given the same to Chris Powell when he left us and played for another club, like someone said earlier, it's what they do. So, we can all be rest assured, they are not real Charlton fans. Just waiting for Darren Bent to play against us one day and I'm sure they wouldn't miss it for the world...numpties.