Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Ath v Exeter City - 19/2/11 - Pre-match Preview, News, Views and Poll

2»

Comments

• Addicks to win this one 3-0 - BWP, Jacko, Abbott.

CP will want them to come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders and perform in front of the biggest crowd seen at the Valley this season. He knows (and I bet he has made the players aware) that this is their chance to 'bring back' lost support to the club.

I would like to see an attacking side that takes the game to Exeter and uses our pace up front.
    I think BWP will add to his seasons tally, he scored both against Exeter earlier this season in Argyles 2-0 win, Jacko will net one more and I think Abbott will get the other one, if he gets a chance to play.
    Hope everyone that is going has a fantastic day out, I'll be with you in spirit and doing the match thread on here for the very few I guess that, like me, are unable to attend.
    Enjoy the day!!!
  • Powells biggest test so far. The biggest crowd at the Valley for some years, lots of potential new fans to impress, bounceback from a defeat, injuries to cope with, so I reckon 3-0 to the Rip Roaring Super Sir Chris Powells Reds.

Or we could phuck it up as is the Charlton way!!! Nah its a nailed on victory!!
  • Would love to see a 3-0 win. Well this is Charlton so 1-0 but with a decent performance as well.
  • 3-0 for me also. Abbot with 2 Jackson with a pen
  • strange day tomorrow being an exeter fan living in Charlton. Hope both sides perform to their bes tand a one all draw.
  • [cite]Posted By: dj-ecfc[/cite]strange day tomorrow being an exeter fan living in Charlton. Hope both sides perform to their bes tand a one all draw.

No.
  • 3-0 Super Brad amongst the scorers.
  • If both sides perform to their best it wont be a 1 all draw!
  • Ah no, we we lose. On second thoghts..............................!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have a horrible, familiar feeling of doom.

We will have our biggest gate for ages and loads of new people to 'convert' to the cause of red and white freedom, justice and the Charltonian way.

It's bound to go tits up! :)

Please, please, pretty please let me be wrong about this!

COYR
  • There is no way we will lose tomorrow! If we do, you can all throw darts at me i'm that sure!
  • for us oldies the feeling of doom is about. Its CAFc its the crowds either coming back or a big game or a big push by the club and we will kak it up-----its sorta like us in any Cup isnt it ? its Charlton tradition. Just this time it wouldbe nice to have a break with tradition and see a cracking game full of goals and a good win.
  • I certainly hope that's the way it pans out GH....and I'll be on cloud nine if it does!
  • 3 - 1 Wright Phillips brace and The Doc from a corner
  • 2-1 to us

formation of:
    [align=center]Elliott
    Solly---Dailly---Doherty---Fry
    Wagstaff---Semedo---Reid
    Jackson
    Ecclestone---BWP[/align]
  • sounds like Bessone is out for a few weeks and Benno misses out tomorrow. Francis should be fit and Anyinsah could play a part. I'm sticking my neck out on a 4-1 win.
  • A Fiver a Tenor and hopefully a favourable Score
  • Listen guys I'm as fatalistic as everyone else about my Charlton, which is why I never play the forecast game.

But its a myth that we choke in front of a big Valley crowd.

Last big one was against Leeds last season, and we won.

Remember the first game back at the Valley? my heart ran cold when Roger Alwen announced it would be against Portsmouth, I was at Poly there and had history with my mates from there. But the crowd was like 80,000 and we rose to the occasion.

The mood among us feels great. My family there in force. When you get there and see the crowd, you'll be lifted. Enjoy.
  • Another clean sheet and a trio from Eccles, BWP and Jose!
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted, just had an operation on my shoulder and I am going to miss the most eagerly awaited game of the season so far.
    22,000 plus there, loads of noise from the north stand (if only the rest of us would join in?) and us winning 3-1.
    I just hope the ref gives us an even rub of the green.
    Plea to commentators on the radio please try to convey some of the atmosphere to us stuck at home.

Up The Addicts.
  • This is just the type of game that under Pardew, Parky etc we would lose and show this bumper crowd a dire performance. However under super chrissy powell im confident! 3-1 charlton! COYR
  • Back to winning ways...
  • [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]There is no way we will lose tomorrow! If we do, you can all throw darts at me i'm that sure!

ouch!
  • No darts available
  • Yep i don't think i'll predict anymore , i thought we were gonna win 5-1 , should have seen the writing on the wall , oh well theres always Friday , got 4 tickets and booked hotel :( madness!)
  • [cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite]There is no way we will lose tomorrow! If we do, you can all throw darts at me i'm that sure!

You in The Lib next Tuesday ?