Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

serious sugestions to the club

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Seeing as the club seems to be back in proactive mode, what little things would you like to see changed for next season to make attending the valley better?

For me:

1. Unreserved seating in the NWQ, it's mainly match day sales and would make it easier to sit with mates who have bought tickets seperately.

2. Get kiosks that sell beer and only beer at half time at a sensible price that doesn't mean staff having to fart about with 37.5p change for everyone that orders. I dont care if it's shit beer, i dont care if it's overpriced i just want a beer at half time without having to miss ten minutes of the game.

Comments

• a second screen in the southwest corner so I can see it without craning

red and white striped scarfs and other stuff not available currently in the club shop please
  • Seating behind the east stand so you can have a beer and eat some food without having to be standing...
  • A nice thick chunky striped scarf .... ahhhhh
  • An upgrade of the seating we have on the North Stand concourse, sofa's instead of arm chairs.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]Seeing as the club seems to be back in proactive mode, what little things would you like to see changed for next season to make attending the valley better?

For me:

2. Get kiosks that sell beer and only beer at half time at a sensible price that doesn't mean staff having to fart about with 37.5p change for everyone that orders. I dont care if it's shit beer, i dont care if it's overpriced i just want a beer at half time without having to miss ten minutes of the game.[/quote]

They use a system at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane where the beers are pre pulled and lined up waiting. You simply walk up, pick up your beer and proceed to the til to pay. Because of the fast turnover the beer is only waiting around a few minutes so doesn't go flat. Quick simple and easy! I'm sure the club would sell 100% more beer if they employed such a system.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]Seeing as the club seems to be back in proactive mode, what little things would you like to see changed for next season to make attending the valley better?

For me:

1. Unreserved seating in the NWQ, it's mainly match day sales and would make it easier to sit with mates who have bought tickets seperately.

Not sure about that one 1984 Theres a lot of us in NWD & E that have season tickets and like our seats.
    we've sat there since the stand was built and would be reluctent to give them up
  • Re-employ some of the shop / ticket office / secretarial staff who were laid off.
  • a cordoned off outside smoking area similar to what was at coventry a few years back

edible food and drink
  • A nice chilled Sauvignon Blanc at half time would go down a super treat.

And a better quality loo roll. One must look after one's behind you know.

Perhaps some better scented hand wash too and of course hot water. yes i think those little things will make my match day experience a far more enjoyable day.
  • Sponsored links:

• championship football
  • Whilst I have not had problems with stewards, from what has been said on here, steward training on customer relationship management.

Highlights played back on the screen

Half time entertainment involving kids games, the womens team and Academy players (Not altogether)

Smoking area, not in the loo.

Red Cardigans with white sleeves in the club shop.
  • More baby products in the club shop.
  • I'd like to see some sort of half time competition for a Junior red and a kids from opponents (age matched) - for a prize like a scalextric set or a ball signed by both teams... - Could be a quiz about their clubs or penalty shoot out - events could change week by week -could do a competition for adult charlton fans where the home team half time score is read out and they have to guess the away team's. This would be an entertaining way of letting us know the scores - winner gets a signed t shirt . I think lots of kids would enjoy watching this and we should try to make the match day experience as entertaining for the younger element as possible as they are the future.

Also, Not every game but for periods of the season when the weather and pitch is favourable- why not have some youth team matches on a match day before the main event. Could finish 45 minutes before the main match starts and give the young players a great experience. I think a decent number of fans would make he effort to come early to watch possible stars of the future.
  • Half time comp would be good i.e. Crossbar challange?
  • [cite]Posted By: DPFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]Seeing as the club seems to be back in proactive mode, what little things would you like to see changed for next season to make attending the valley better?

For me:

Not sure about that one 1984 Theres a lot of us in NWD & E that have season tickets and like our seats.
    we've sat there since the stand was built and would be reluctent to give them up

Same here!
  • Pea-NUTS. Anyone old enough to remember him?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: DPFC[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: (1984)[/cite]Seeing as the club seems to be back in proactive mode, what little things would you like to see changed for next season to make attending the valley better?

For me:

we've sat there since the stand was built and would be reluctent to give them up[/quote]

Same as this!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: E=mc2[/cite]Pea-NUTS. Anyone old enough to remember him?[/quote]

Unfortunately yes!
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]install turbo taps

Another possibility

Beer Cups Filled from the Bottom
  • Sponsored links:

• That has impressed me much more than it probably should.!
  • How about opening up the north stand hospitality lounge to everybody - maybe i'm wrong but it never seems very busy as i pass on my way up to the north upper and what a great gesture that would be. Any that are on a package in their could be offered a place in the west maybe? I don't know the figures but it just seems like an underutilised facility to me, particularly now we're not in the premiership.
  • A Jim Davidson 5 minute routine, followed by some cheerleaders would be good.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]How about opening up the north stand hospitality lounge to everybody - maybe i'm wrong but it never seems very busy as i pass on my way up to the north upper and what a great gesture that would be. Any that are on a package in their could be offered a place in the west maybe? I don't know the figures but it just seems like an underutilised facility to me, particularly now we're not in the premiership.

Absolutely agree 100%

I feel the club have missed a trick by still charging an annual fee to go into Crossbars. I can understand it in the Premier league but in league one?
    In the meantime the only facility at the ground is the dreadful Bartrams. It's Far too small , you have to fight to get served at the bar and it has just one TV screen that was designed by a monkey and is unwatchable. No wonder most people go to local pubs and clubs before the game and that's revenue we could be taking.
  • If they installed the beer cups that filled from the bottom, opening up the North Stand lounge would probably make a fair bit more money.
  • Rehire the sausage.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]A Jim Davidson 5 minute routine, followed by some cheerleaders would be good.

You're a bad man!
  • Following the recent, awful Gray/Keys sexism row, how about introducing girl/boy/girl/boy seating so that the men can listen to the footballing opinions of the ladies from either side.

The higher price you pay for a season ticket, the better looking birds you get to sit next to.
  • Foie gras - wimpy style please.
  • Oh serious suggestions. Sorry.
    All i could think of is that the is some general cleaning up around the ground.
    And promotion please.