Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

serious sugestions to the club

2»

Comments

• I'm a member of Crossbars, and trust me, its packed most days. They've not missed any tricks - the food is good but not cheap and there's always a queue at the bar. I doubt very much they'd make more money by opening it up.
  • Get rid of paper season tickets.
  • edited February 2011
    As so many people seem keen on their beer. What about getting a few of these in so that beer can be sold in other parts of the ground?
  • Bigger tvs on the concourses.
    Hot water in the toilets.
    More hand driers - ones that work properly.
    More sensitive smoke detectors linked to sprinklers/water jets.
    Bring back the donut van.
    Breakaway from the internet contract. Declare udi and broadcast commentaries of all games free of charge.
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]I'd like to see some sort of half time competition for a Junior red and a kids from opponents (age matched) - for a prize like a scalextric set or a ball signed by both teams... - Could be a quiz about their clubs or penalty shoot out - events could change week by week -could do a competition for adult charlton fans where the home team half time score is read out and they have to guess the away team's. This would be an entertaining way of letting us know the scores - winner gets a signed t shirt . I think lots of kids would enjoy watching this and we should try to make the match day experience as entertaining for the younger element as possible as they are the future.

Also, Not every game but for periods of the season when the weather and pitch is favourable- why not have some youth team matches on a match day before the main event. Could finish 45 minutes before the main match starts and give the young players a great experience. I think a decent number of fans would make he effort to come early to watch possible stars of the future.

Very good ideas. I'd like to add that for all U16 season ticket holders there should be some sort of enamel badge stating the year of their season ticket. These should vary in design each year to become a collectable.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Oh serious suggestions. Sorry.
    All i could think of is that the is some general cleaning up around the ground.
    And promotion please.

The more women the better then and if we go with the boy/girl/boy/girl thing, we'll be able to spread out a bit whilst they're cleaning and tidying up.
  • bring back 'radio' charlton with the fella from the play off final who's name escapes me

:)
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Get rid of paper season tickets.
    +1

Credit card style season tickets that you insert into a reader at the turnstile to gain entry. Arsenal and even Millwall use it.
  • I think we could do oyster card style in todays technical world, could we even use our own branded version of oyster?
  • I agree with point 1 by 1984 and DRF qoute #9. Spot on both.

Stewards that don't bang on about their love of Arsenal in full earshot of the Charlton fan's who pay their wages. Show a little respect boys.
    Stewards that don't turn off the Stadium TV's after the match whilst the same Charlton fan's who pay their wages wait to see where their team (CHARLTON ATHLETIC) are in League 1 on Sky's results and tables round up. Show a little respect boys.
    Oh and a break away from the FLI contract appeals greatly too.
  • Sponsored links:

• For a number of reasons me getting a season ticket is not realistic, yet with the matchday prices as high as they are, I'm not still not going to be able to go to as many games as I'd like to. How about a 'ten game voucher' where you can use each voucher for any league game you like throughout the season? The per game price could be set at somewhere in between the season ticket per game price and the one-off match ticket price, that way season ticket holders won't get shafted.
  • Good idea HarryHutchens.
  • [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]I agree with point 1 by 1984 and DRF qoute #9. Spot on both.

Stewards that don't bang on about their love of Arsenal in full earshot of the Charlton fan's who pay their wages. Show a little respect boys.
    Stewards that don't turn off the Stadium TV's after the match whilst the same Charlton fan's who pay their wages wait to see where their team (CHARLTON ATHLETIC) are in League 1 on Sky's results and tables round up. Show a little respect boys.
    Oh and a break away from the FLI contract appeals greatly too.

the best one yet

chuck in the fact that said stewards dont speak like they are in the ghetto or down in the hood would really help

everything does not need to end in innit, though, blud
  • - League and FA cup included in season ticket price so that we keep our same seats and can give the team the support they need rather than playing in silence - got to be a winner in long term gate receipts

- Away support in cordoned off section of East stand - I don't need to explain the benefits of that!

- Beer and pie tent with big screen in car park as per Yeovil - wonderful!

- More pre match entertainment to warm up the crowd

- Slater's PR man is given a pay rise - good job!

- Tony Jiminez has a Q&A with fans

- SCP explains to squad that the whole of every game is important and not just the second half
  • Oh, i forgit speeling leesons 4 all faans on 4um
  • What I'd like to see is a family match day ticket. 2 adults and two dustbin lids for say £30 or £35 in the family area. That would be a saving of £10-£15 on the current prices. Bums on seats and all of that...
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]What I'd like to see is a family match day ticket. 2 adults and two dustbin lids for say £30 or £35 in the family area. That would be a saving of £10-£15 on the current prices. Bums on seats and all of that...

Different types of combination tickets would be a good idea, within the realms of not getting too complicated
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]What I'd like to see is a family match day ticket. 2 adults and two dustbin lids for say £30 or £35 in the family area. That would be a saving of £10-£15 on the current prices. Bums on seats and all of that...

Different types of combination tickets would be a good idea, within the realms of not getting too complicated

Or costing the club money and the system being abused
  • edited February 2011
    Re-employ some of the shop / ticket office / secretarial staff who were laid off.
    I like this! If only!

I know the fans forum had the idea about the 10 game ticket voucher thing.
  • - Updated version of Home and Away. Though perhaps it would be better to wait for a promotion or two, before that happens.
    - Updated version of Valiant 500. Perhaps when it's Valiant 750.
    - Get Colin Cameron back in the programme, not just ghostwritten snippets but the man himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    Re-employ some of the shop / ticket office / secretarial staff who were laid off.
    I like this! If only!

I know the fans forum had the idea about the 10 game ticket voucher thing.

And the beer vending machines, better food outlets, after match entertainment with drinks, opening up the mothballed lounges to create a social club, splitting the hospitality boxes so multiples could share etc, etc, etc......maybe with new owners they might just listen instead of poo pooing all the ideas to the point of not bothering. You know it makes sense to encourage all the people who currently eat and drink outside the club to do so in the ground if and only if the service quality and price is right...the food is still shite inside apart from the hospitality suites. And how about letting the fans have a kick about on the pitch after the last game of the season? all will bring the fans back and get them spending inside the ground....
  • Jimmy Seed stand back for Charlton fans, Away fans cornered off in the East stand
  • Serious upgrades to the playing staff urgently needed.