Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets slashed by £50 for 11/12 season

WSSWSS
edited February 2011 in General Charlton
FACT

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Is a 12.5% reduction a slashing?

Anyway - well done the Board.
  • Happy with that.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Is a 12.5% reduction a slashing?

Anyway - well done the Board.[/quote]

Considering we're losing £3million a year it's a great gesture.

The £5 effort this week shows the support hasn't vanished for good.
  • this is all becoming feelgoodmongus - i'll start feeling as though i don't have the right to boo soon (not that i would dream of doing that anyway of course)
  • Boo.
    i think that'll take mine down to £245 which will mean it is below the £250 minimum spend to qualify for 0% intrest on my football/mastercard.
  • edited February 2011
    These new owners just keep on giving.

Does that mean I will be owed £1 for my lad's Under 11 S/T?
  • Great news. Compare this to the news last night that the cheapest Champions League final ticket is £176 - for a single match!
  • edited February 2011
    These new owners might be ''liars'' , as one thread titled them a few weeks ago. They might just be a front for a bunch of more sinister money men behind them. They might have been be involved in all kinds of dodgy dealings over the years. They might have a mate called Dennis Wise. And they might not be 'proper Charlton'.

But my God, they're doing everything right so far, aren't they?

They don't seem to have put a foot wrong since they arrived!
  • bloody hell!!! thankyou to michael and all the board for doing this, as im not the only addick facing a dodgy period over the next year so by cutting the prices i should deffo be able to save enough to renew my season ticket for another season! sorry mog!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• this is good news, I was considering getting a season ticket again rather than having to walk up on the day, and this will no doubt persuade me
  • Well done the Board - hope they get the response they deserve. It seems that these prices are set whichever division we are in. Also it doesnt say these prices are fixed if people sign up before end march or anything which is interesting as well.

For the fellow saddos the most expensive seats fall 11.8% but pre VAT they fall 13.6%

Will there be some marketing of this on Saturday for the extra fans? Presume so based on the timing of the announcement
  • Nigel. I didn't brand them liars. I asked a question, hence a question mark. I thought an esteemed and respected journalist like your self would understand the concept of basic punctuation.

Such hard work. Well done the board
  • Hope this announcement is made before saturday an pleanty of application forms are made available for our "lapsed season ticket holders" as they are now called !!!

Well done to the board, I want to ask where the money's coming from but I'm too scared of the answer !!
  • edited February 2011
    I don't remember who it was called them liars, WSS. But there was an entire thread of bile and vitriol against them, wasn't there?

on edit: just looked it up and the thread makes interesting reading. Someone said the takeover was even dodgier than the assasination of JFK!
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite] there was an entire thread of bile and vitriol against them, wasn't there?

lol, you do love a good exaggeration ! gawd help Mrs IA when she slightly burns a piece of toast. 6 weeks later it would be reffered to as the 'Towering Inferno' breakfast !!

Back on thread, think its a great gesture which i am financially grateful for. The whole approach should be two fold, to increase attendances and to increase revenue.

If we got promoted there would have been a natural pick up at price freeze level so this could potentially see a potential £0.5m impact on income.

If we have a poor run in, it will probably more importantly do more to encourage the 9k to resign rather than coax new applicants.

At this level its as much about the product as it is about the price.
  • edited February 2011
    A bit of rewriting of history going on there, I think! No honesty or integrity, murkier than the assasination of JFK etc - it's there in black and white. Although it is true that there were several more rational voices speaking up for them and taking exception to the liars inference...

Now they have proved their intentions are good, suddenly it seems nobody ever had a bad word to say about them or questioned their honour and integrity and parentage. Which I'm perfectly OK with...
  • For me this is very welcoming news.
  • great news, i will definately be purchasing a season ticket next year, although a fiver a ticket aint to bad either, where is this money going to come from?
  • Excellent news, this board are saying and doing all the right things arn't they?!

Just hope the risk is justified with the extra numbers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone got a link? i musta missed this?
  • Will swing the renewal for me.

First time since 1987 I had decided I wasn't renewing next year. Was sure the prices would go up and have had too many trips this season when I have sat bored out of my brain looking at results on my phone.
  • We need a big push , like we have done with tickets for the Exeter Game , Application forms on Seats , can we do another £5 match before the end of the season and put application forms on seats? or is this a bad idea?
  • Found the link , £75 to bring a kid along , is a fantastic price , £3.26 a game!
  • As a 5 year season ticket holder I applaud the club
  • [cite]Posted By: bpriston[/cite] where is this money going to come from?

As a suspicious person who trusts no one , this is a good question
    Who is gonna wear the potential loss of revenue that will occur if we don't go up
    My biggest fear is if we fail to achieve promotion over the next few years , at what point will the new posse want to quit and what sort of state will we be left in
    I don't believe these punters are in it to burn money and there is no jack walker/steve gibson charity feeling towards charlton where they'll walk away and we'll be debt free and a pretty asset for someone else to takeover

Yours pessimistically oohaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bpriston[/cite]where is this money going to come from?

As a suspicious person who trusts no one , this is a good question
    Who is gonna wear the potential loss of revenue that will occur if we don't go up
    My biggest fear is if we fail to achieve promotion over the next few years , at what point will the new posse want to quit and what sort of state will we be left in
    I don't believe these punters are in it to burn money and there is no jack walker/steve gibson charity feeling towards charlton where they'll walk away and we'll be debt free and a pretty asset for someone else to takeover

Yours pessimistically oohaaaaaaaaaaaah

Only two things certain in life - death and taxes. Our future seems secured at least for the next two years - beyond that, who knows?
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]bloody hell!!! thankyou to michael and all the board for doing this, as im not the only addick facing a dodgy period over the next year so by cutting the prices i should deffo be able to save enough to renew my season ticket for another season! sorry mog!! ;-)

Sure I can put up with it.........
    ;-)
  • Will we be able to buy the season ticket for £50 less anytime before the new season starts, or is there a time limit till say end of May like previous seasons?