Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Be nice to see the ground full but..

2»

Comments

• well they are not real fans then...

;)
  • it is your duty to give them justice...
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley27000[/cite]I know other Charlton fans that are not going tomorrow for five pounds but they would go in the premiership.

Please dont call them Charlton fans . They are nothing of the sort.
  • Great effort everyone who has plugged tickets
    My dad was a lifelong Charlton fan and when we asked him to take us to football he always used to bring us to the Valley (always going straight past Selhurst Park!!). I supported Liverpool when I was little and my brother Leeds. However continually going to the valley made us both see sense and we both changed to Charlton, personally just before we bought Alan Simonsen and got kicked out of the Valley. Once in your blood it stays there.
    The good thing about this deal is not that kids can come, as tickets for under 11s are always £5 anyway, but that their parents can come for the same price so it is more affordable - hopefully both children and parents can be swayed to come more often by the great atmosphere and when they see what a great club it is.
    I am bringing the whole family and my son's Crystal Palace supporting mate - maybe we can turn her.
  • I was a Chelsea fan as a kid. I got taken to Charlton though by my dad. It wasn't love at first sight, but I did enjoy going.

At some point you develop a bond, and whilst there have been periods of my life when I didn't go much, the bond never broke. I am guessing that many who are coming have not lost the bond, they have just lost the desire to come.

Others who come are maybe bringing their kids for the first time. Some others will just be coming along because its a cheap day out.

To me it doesn't matter which category people fall into. Every one who is returning or maybe coming for the very first time will experience something which, if they come again and again will light a fire in them which can never fully be extinguished.

I think its a fantastic thing that has been achieved and shows the huge potential support base thats out there. I cannot see Palace or Millwall being able to do this.
  • Other clubs take the Mick out of our support. But they should name another club who can sell 23000+ tickets for a third division match it does not matter about the price of the ticket or if they watch arsenal on tv.They are willing to give up a afternoon to watch Charlton very proud I am.
  • Take back what I said I'm gana use the cheap ticket to see if I can sit with my dad tomorow. Charlton fan or not or whatever, the big crowd and lively atmosphere will benefit everyone. Let's hope the players bounce back from the last defeat and do the job on the pitch.
  • I'm one of the lapsed season ticket holders (had one since Selhurst/Upton Park days so I don't consider myself a prem glory-boy) and I'm taking advantage of the £5 price, but I'm afraid I won't be going to too many more matches because I can't justify a season ticket for various reasons and the regular matchday price is just beyond me for more than a few games a season. The club probably needs to look at the matchday ticket prices of it wants to 'convert' some of the extra fans turning up for the Exeter game.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: HarryHutchens[/cite]I'm one of the lapsed season ticket holders (had one since Selhurst/Upton Park days so I don't consider myself a prem glory-boy) and I'm taking advantage of the £5 price, but I'm afraid I won't be going to too many more matches because I can't justify a season ticket for various reasons and the regular matchday price is just beyond me for more than a few games a season. The club probably needs to look at the matchday ticket prices of it wants to 'convert' some of the extra fans turning up for the Exeter game.

It is a dilemma. I have given up my season tickets this season after 15 years. In the old days you didn't need one and despite many trips to Sellout Park and a some to Upton Park, I never had enough money in those days to buy my tickets in advance. I just turned up and paid on the day. Until we were in all seater stadia, I never ever bought a seat.

This season because of financial belt tightening and also for family reasons I struggled to justify getting a season ticket. (I had two, one adult and one junior). It costs me around £40 for petrol, for the 230 mile round trip from Norwich plus food during the day. All told around £80 plus the season ticket match cost. Its a big ask when money is tight. Having said that I have been to a number of home games this season because - well from time I have earned a bit of spare cash that I didn't expect and that has enabled me to come.

When I am back to a healthier financial position I will get one again. In the meantime I couldn't miss tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
  • [cite]Posted By: BigSam_Cafc[/cite] I think it will get the players going seeing all the people, although everyone saying about the atmosphere, I don't think it will be all that because a majority of the people attending won't know the songs,

What songs?

I wouldn't worry, Red Army and C-A-F-C are pretty easy to pick up!
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite].

Yeah Rik, sleep on it!