Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The players are having a laugh

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Big William[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]the Doc has spent the whole season being an accident waiting to happen, I think today, he happened

Think this hits the nail on the head really. We all get hung up on formations but when you make basic errors like Doherty did for the 2nd and 3rd goals and Fry did for the first, then you are up against it. We didn't play well by any stretch of the imagination but were applying some pressure when the back four hit the self destruct button. Three freebies is a lot to reply to.

Oh and whoever said (Can't be bothered to look it up)... how many goals has lacking pace at the back cost us this season, we don't need a centre half with pace blah blah blah... may the ball dropping over doherty's dozy head for the third forever be playing in their minds tonight (or the second with his backpeddling at the pace of a 90 year old granny). Not only does a lack of pace cost you depth in the team it also costs goals and the ability to get out of jail at the back when you don't necessarily deserve to.

Doherty has done my head in all season. All season I've wanted him out. Now I've finally had enough. He's done, mentally and physically he is an absolute shadow of what he was. I have no desire to see him back in the team again. All he is is a slow, albeit committed, big lump who appears to think as fast as he moves. There were probably 5,000 blokes fitting that description inside the valley today.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]AFAIC today was 100% down to Powell, the team didn't play "badly" at all, the result was down to how we set up, 4-5-1 at home is simply not good enough. Just hope today is a result everyone can learn from, no way can any team that doesnt perform till their 3-0 down get a result.

4-5-1? What game were you watcing?
  • Racon made such a difference when he came on, he has to start against Notts county, and jackson is never a midfielder id put money on my nan in a race with him.
  • Jackson - LB
    Racon - CM
    Reid - LW
    Ecc - RW
    McCormack - Res