Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why start Mccormack

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
Sorry but am I the only person who thinks Mccormack is useless, in to many ways, he has no creativity whats so ever, he brings nothing new to the team and in to many ways he is similar to semedo, Racon should be the first player on the team sheet, he is class compared to the rest, ive been hearing about niggles but thats aload of crap as soon as he comes on the game changes.

Comments

• Useless is harsh.

Offers nothing to the team is not. And he bottles tackles.

Should not start again for CAFC, imo.
  • its so annoying when quality is on the bench even if a falling out has happened with Racon we have plenty of better options than mccormack, Jackson in the middle reid out wide
  • I thought he was poor, again, today.

Having said that he never hides from the game and despite nothing (or little) that he tries coming off he still looks for the ball for the whole game.

In truth he is about as good as we can afford in this division, bearing in mind he is third choice.

Like Macronate, I would prefer it if he never played for us again.
  • Why is Racon not starting ? under Pardew, Parkinson and now Powell. What are they not seeing or what are we not seeing. He is the creative player we crave with the formation we played today. I'm miffed.

McCormack, I'm not sure what he does for the team ? I want him to prove me wrong but so far he hasn't and has given me no glimpses that he might.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]he still looks for the ball for the whole game.

Sorry mate I dont agree with that part, I think he actually does the opposite.
  • Anyone else notice the token one a game fro McCormack today? Bottled a 50/50 in the centre circle.

Someone should tell him if you go in half-hearted you are more likely to get injured!
  • Bench comes to mind!
  • Welling comes to mind!
  • Shit comes to mind!
  • Racon comes to mind/replace him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely, Racon MUST start!
  • Useless yes , new whipping boy as Francis wasn;t playing , probably
  • There must be something going on with regard to Racon.
    Racon may not be a world beater but he is an infinitely better player that McCormack.
    I haven't spoken to anyone who rates McCormack over Racon.
    Is there really an injury involved or has he had a bust-up with Powell?
  • I know what you're saying about being the new whipping boy, which Francis being the target he has been is very unfair as he has been impressive of late, but I just can't see and haven't seen what McCormack offers us. His not good enough defensively to do that side of the game and his not good enough attacking wise to create chances. Racon is head and sholders above him.
  • Pretty sure Racon has had a knee injury, and McCormack was part of a midfield which saw Southend relegated last season.

I've never been particurlay impressed by him, he'll probably be okay for a team for mid table but for anyone who seriously wants promotion I don't think he'd be starting weekly.

He's not a whipping boy, he just isn't good enough.
  • Bet the kit man hates having to clean his shorts.
  • [cite]Posted By: bpriston[/cite]Sorry but am I the only person who thinks Mccormack is useless, in to many ways, he has no creativity whats so ever, he brings nothing new to the team and in to many ways he is similar to semedo, Racon should be the first player on the team sheet, he is class compared to the rest, ive been hearing about niggles but thats aload of crap as soon as he comes on the game changes.

The only thing I disagree with is that he similar to Semedo - thats an insult to Semedo who would never bottle a tackle and always makes himself available for the ball despite his limitations going forward
  • [cite]Posted By: fatboyshort[/cite]Why is Racon not starting ? under Pardew, Parkinson and now Powell. What are they not seeing or what are we not seeing. He is the creative player we crave with the formation we played today. I'm miffed.

McCormack, I'm not sure what he does for the team ? I want him to prove me wrong but so far he hasn't and has given me no glimpses that he might.

Racon doesn't start because he goes missing and rarely gives 90 minutes. He is a frustrating player because he is indisputably talented but lacks application. That is why sooner or later managers drop him.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: fatboyshort[/cite]Why is Racon not starting ? under Pardew, Parkinson and now Powell. What are they not seeing or what are we not seeing. He is the creative player we crave with the formation we played today. I'm miffed.

Racon doesn't start because he goes missing and rarely gives 90 minutes. He is a frustrating player because he is indisputably talented but lacks application. That is why sooner or later managers drop him.

True he lacks consistency, but when would McCormack ever come on as a sub and make the impact that Racon did today. They are miles apart...and Racon doesnt shy away from a challenge either
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: fatboyshort[/cite]Why is Racon not starting ? under Pardew, Parkinson and now Powell. What are they not seeing or what are we not seeing. He is the creative player we crave with the formation we played today. I'm miffed.

Agreed Len if he played 90 minutes how he did for the short time he was on the pitch today then it would be impossible to drop him.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Oxo has application and lacks talent.
    And Racon has talent but lacks application.
    If these things are true it must be easier to add application to talent than create talent where all you have is application, presumably the coaches job. However a managers job is to play somebody you can rely on to do what you ask. All very tricky if you ask me.
  • I personally think this season Racon has been better and more consistent than he has in the past 4 years.

The knee injury is worrying though, last few weeks he has been warming up for at least 20 minutes. If we had another CM in the squad he probably would have been ruled out.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Pretty sure Racon has had a knee injury, and McCormack was part of a midfield which saw Southend relegated last season.

I've never been particurlay impressed by him, he'll probably be okay for a team for mid table but for anyone who seriously wants promotion I don't think he'd be starting weekly.

He's not a whipping boy, he just isn't good enough.

This.

Not a scapegaot, just a very average League 1 player and quite frankly not good enough for Charlton.
  • What frustrates me about McCormack is that I have no idea what his role is in the game, and Can't tell what type of Central Midfielder he is.

His vision and movement off and on the ball is too poor to be a Playmaker.
    He doesn't seem to have the stamina to be a Box to Box midfielder second to most balls.
    He lacks creativity and doesn't assist in goalscoring he isn't a Attacking Midfielder.
    He can't win the ball or retain the ball so he isn't a Defensive Midfielder.

For me he just ain't up to standard, and have counted on number of occasions where it his mistakes which put our back 4 under pressure. Racon came on and him and Semedo know each others game, automatically Semedo droped a little further and when he picked up the ball picked out Racon who moved more in his time then McCormack did, He isn't afraid to drive forward with the ball and use the channels if needbe.
  • He starts becasue hes bald.... its part of the new structure we must field a minimum of one bald white man or else the new investors will walk..
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]He starts becasue hes bald.... its part of the new structure we must field a minimum of one bald white man or else the new investors will walk..

Great!I'll bring my boots :)
  • [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]He starts becasue hes bald.... its part of the new structure we must field a minimum of one bald white man or else the new investors will walk..

This

I have always said this from the moment we signed him, there were some people calling for him to start over Racon at the start of the season and I said he offers nothing to us, but people see a bald white man with an attitude problem and immediately think he must be hard as nails and it doesn't matter if he's shit, as he'll run about headbutting everything in sight.

He doesn't just shirk tackles, he also bottles it when the ball drops to him on the edge of the area, I expect Semedo to do this, as we all know he can't hit the ball hard enough, but seeing as Mac always slams it in warmups, why didn't he put his foot through it?

Apparently Racon's knee is as bad as Ledley King's ie he can only do half the training that everyone else does, looking at his torso and arms I reckon he spends the other half doing weight training, for an average height guy he's pretty beatsly!
  • he's useless and brings nothing to the team. He hides during games and I hate that. I also hate that when anything goes wrong it is never his fault and he berates anyone that is close to him even if that is a young right back who is having a decent game. I saw him at Welling in his first game in pre season and said here that he is crap and no better than Stavrinou. I was told to give him a chance. Well he's had enough chances and I was right after all. We don't even seem to have got the tough tackler who was booked x times last season for Southend and sent off twice, no we have got the Pansy Potter version who wouldn't know a tackle if he saw one. Now, I'm not Racon's biggest fan but he's ten times the player McOxo is and if we can all see that why can't SCP? Oh, if you come back saying he has a knee niggle then why is he even on the bench?
  • For the LOLs
  • Best game McCormack has had was probably when he started on the right against Plymouth in Powells first game. Covered well for Francis if I remember rightly, and was more involved than I saw him against Col/Peterbourgh and exeter

Obviously not influential enough for central midfield but maybe playing a Jackson type role he could be better used?