Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why start Mccormack

2»

Comments

• I initially misread the title of this thread. I thought it said ''What starter, McCormack?'' and imagined we were back in the Oxo Tower!
  • Reminds me of Brendan O'Connell. He was useless too.
  • Henry rates him!%~{>
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]he's useless and brings nothing to the team. He hides during games and I hate that. I also hate that when anything goes wrong it is never his fault and he berates anyone that is close to him even if that is a young right back who is having a decent game. I saw him at Welling in his first game in pre season and said here that he is crap and no better than Stavrinou. I was told to give him a chance. Well he's had enough chances and I was right after all. We don't even seem to have got the tough tackler who was booked x times last season for Southend and sent off twice, no we have got the Pansy Potter version who wouldn't know a tackle if he saw one. Now, I'm not Racon's biggest fan but he's ten times the player McOxo is and if we can all see that why can't SCP? Oh, if you come back saying he has a knee niggle then why is he even on the bench?

Very hard to disagree with any of this.
  • Everything he does just makes me laugh. He hides most of the time and is frightened when on the ball and gets smashed to the ground every time he challenges for the ball. I don't really like being so derogatory to another human being but he is utter pants.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Reminds me of Brendan O'Connell. He was useless too.

At least Brendan O Connel could tackle and dish a bit out - he did what it said on the tin- Mcoxo is the most lightweight pansy of a hardman i've ever seen - he ends up face down in mud or hoarding whenever he goes near anybody.
  • [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]Henry rates him!%~{>

Not really : - )

He had some good games under Peacock and under Powell, mainly playing on the right.

He's not completely talentless or useless but it's much easier to label a player with one dismissive word than trying to look at the strengths and weaknesses of his game or examine how the team sets up, what the other players are doing or how the opposition play impacts on him.

Would I start him before a fit Racon? No. Would I like to see a midfielder come in whose better than both of them? Of course but that is much easier said than done.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]Henry rates him!%~{>

He had some good games under Peacock and under Powell, mainly playing on the right.

He's not completely talentless or useless but it's much easier to label a player with one dismissive word than trying to look at the strengths and weaknesses of his game or examine how the team sets up, what the other players are doing or how the opposition play impacts on him.

Would I start him before a fit Racon? No. Would I like to see a midfielder come in whose better than both of them? Of course but that is much easier said than done.

I'd be interested to know what you would term the strengths of McCormack's game?

Passing, dribbling, shooting, tackling?
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]Henry rates him!%~{>

I'd be interested to know what you would term the strengths of McCormack's game?

Passing, dribbling, shooting, tackling?

he gets muddy a lot.
  • In his last couple of games very few : - )

But in some of his better games then some decent passing short and long, has made some good late runs into the box (see Orient away), works the line well when out right and can put his foot in.

Is he what we need or should he start? No, we need better but when on form he does a decent job as we saw only a few weeks ago.

Poor man management from Alex Dyer I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• not sure what CP sees in him to be honest, he bottled one tackle on saturday and looked like he was hiding to me.
    No idea why CP is persisting with him , when Racon came on the game opened up and he looked class apart .

get rid and take Pavel with him
  • Been very frustrated with McCormack's inclusion the past month. If Racon really can't do 90 minutes, put Jackson inside with Semedo, with Reid on the wing - we're back to 4 4 2 and everyone's happy.
  • Said before he's just a squad player like Llera is and Sodje was. Now we can hopefully afford better through a loan from a Prem club.

Back in the summer we had very few players and needed cheap back up. All clubs at this level have players like that. No one has 4 or 5 top League One CMs at this level.

I wasn't impressed with him Saturday but as Henry was getting at it's a massive overreaction to label him useless. He had some decent games at right midfield and at the start of the season.