Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County vs. Charlton | 25/2/11 - Live on Sky | Preview, Polls, Views and News

2»

Comments

• Options
    2-1 us at 9/1 might be worth a tenner
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Difficult one to call but as Mrs RM is a county fan (lapsed) I am forced to go for an addicks win 2-1.
    I just hope the team turn up and forget about the bloody Sky cameras.....and just play their game, dictate the pace and pass the ball around them.

I'd go 4-4-2 and agree with moving Fry into CB alongside Daily, bring back Francis (if fit), put Jacko at LB and put Racon in middle in pace of Macca and have Joe and BWP up-front and use our pace to have a go at them.
    Team
    Elliott
    Francis, Daily, Fry, Jacko
    Waggy, Racon, Semedo, Reid
    Joe BWP
    Bench would be Abbott, NE, Jenkinson, Worner, Doc, Llera, Macca
  • Options
    This is definitely going to be a hard contest. I hope CP makes the right changes that are needed. I think we' going to get a draw out of this but i'm confident that we're be able to take all three points back to SE7.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NottsCounty1862[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/embed/T1KJjRgUpok?rel=0'

Jeez the state of that pitch, could be telling
  • Options
    Back to 4-4-2 and a win.
  • Options
    Charlton and televised matches don't normally mix in a positive fashion so I fear the hatrick in defeats.

Please prove me wrong!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Not hopefully on this.

This is exactly the type of game we always struggle in, I am much more optimistic about our chances when we play teams near the top of the league, come against teams who will battle for every ball and are fighting for survival we're guarenteed to struggle. They'll get in our faces and won't allow us to play on the ground, add in the fact it usually takes at least 45 minutes before we wake up and it's on TV I'm not hopeful.

Instead of playing safe I'd rather we go for it.

Elliot
    Francis Dailly Fortune Jackson
    Ecclestone Racon Semedo Reid
    Ayinsah BWP
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Local weather for Nottingham tonight is very wet!! Hope they've got it wrong as Meadow lane is'nt greatest playing surface in the world when weather is poor.
  • Options
    Powelly would have learned from saturday NE will be back on his favoured foot.

RE

SF CD GD MF
    NE JS TR(for the want of someone better though) JJ
    PA BWP

Changes a lot earlier if not going right.

I'm expecting 3 shots that barely carry to the keeper, 3 that are high and wide and 1 that FLASHES past the post.

0-0
  • Options
    Ashamed to admit this, but i'm dreading this. Every time i think of us playing on TV (apart from the LO game) we seem to be really really awful.

Remember how much of a struggle the home game was againt them, so think we're going to struggle.

I always back us to win, so hopefully by saying we will lose 2 nil, we will win 2 nil scoring both in the first half!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow! The voting is close on this one. Proves to me that there is a certain amount of uncertainty amongst us fans - we really have no idea how it's going to pan out (as a group, I mean, before individuals come down on me).

I've gone for a win for us on the basis that Chris will have got them all fired up. Hope I'm right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Wow! The voting is close on this one. Proves to me that there is a certain amount of uncertainty amongst us fans - we really have no idea how it's going to pan out (as a group, I mean, before individuals come down on me).

I've gone for a win for us on the basis that Chris will have got them all fired up. Hope I'm right.

I alos reckon Chris will get them fired up, a goal in the first half would be nice but let's just get the points. I reckon Charlton will bounce back with a gritty 2-1 win with goals from Wright-Phillips and Jackson with Hughes netting for County.
  • Options
    Chance to go 4th tonight with a win.

1-1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Chance to go 4th tonight with a win.

By two a two goal margin

Other games

Brentford v Bristol Rovers, 15:00
    Carlisle v Sheff Wed, 15:00
    Dag & Red v Bournemouth, 15:00
    Exeter v Hartlepool, 15:00
    Huddersfield v Leyton Orient, 15:00
    MK Dons v Brighton, 15:00
    Oldham v Peterborough, 15:00
    Plymouth v Colchester, 15:00
    Southampton v Swindon, 15:00
    Tranmere v Yeovil, 15:00
    Walsall v Rochdale, 15:00

Os are in form and could get something at Leeds Rd or whatever they call the ground in 'Uddersfiled now.

One or both of Oldham and Peterboro will drop points.

Brighton at MK Dons. Too early to hope for a Brighton win as they are uncatchable?

Bournemouth, Soton, Colchester and Rochdale will all expect to win v teams in the bottom five.
  • Options
    On my way up there now little later than expected but up for this and feeling confident.

COYR
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Chance to go 4th tonight with a win.

By two a two goal margin

Other games

Brentford v Bristol Rovers, 15:00
    Carlisle v Sheff Wed, 15:00
    Dag & Red v Bournemouth, 15:00
    Exeter v Hartlepool, 15:00
    Huddersfield v Leyton Orient, 15:00
    MK Dons v Brighton, 15:00
    Oldham v Peterborough, 15:00
    Plymouth v Colchester, 15:00
    Southampton v Swindon, 15:00
    Tranmere v Yeovil, 15:00
    Walsall v Rochdale, 15:00

Os are in form and could get something at Leeds Rd or whatever they call the ground in 'Uddersfiled now.

One or both of Oldham and Peterboro will drop points.

Brighton at MK Dons. Too early to hope for a Brighton win as they are uncatchable?

Bournemouth, Soton, Colchester and Rochdale will all expect to win v teams in the bottom five.

Thanks.

Peterborough have scored the same number of goals just at home as we have in total home and away.
  • Options
    I think he should stick with Jenskinson tbh. At home, altho i dont rate the guy, Francis attacking from fullback is a big bonus. Away from home, we need to limit the mistakes and get our defensive duties done first.
  • Options
    Notts County used a 4-4-1-1 system at Man City, with Gow in behind Hughes. If that is their normal formation, it will be interesting to see how CP sets the team up. Gow is a decent player "in the hole".
    Like Peterborough, County look vulnerable at the back, but effective going forward. If we contain their front players, we should capitalise. However, in the last two home matches we have shown a weakness in dealing with the opposition in midfield, (out-numbered 4 v 3 in the Exeter game). Not over-confident, so a score-draw for me.
  • Options
    Draw looks on the cards here, but if Charlton start well we might actually nick a 1-2 win! COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-1 to us, end of the mini slump and start of a good run.
  • Options
    I'm hoping lessons have been learned in training and i'll go for a very tight 1-0 CAFC win. A draw wouldn't be a disaster but hoping to bounce back in style on tv!
  • Options
    Not a clue who will win this but I think after Saturday we will be playing it tight. So a low score draw.
  • Options
    This is one of those games that we can really show we've turned a corner and are on the up. Obviosuly we all know the 'curse' of the sky cameras and we also have lost out in these kind of games ( away at lower league opposition) far too many times. Come on you reds! Lets show the rest of the league we mean business! 2-1 charlton, jackson and wright phillips.
  • Options
    Got a feeling that this is going to be a pretty dreadful game. 0-0.