Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thread for impatient dimwits

2»

Comments

• Options
    I tend not to visit the site after a defeat because the over-reaction from some posters is ridiculous. Calling for his head after 7 games is just pathetic.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]We tried to play football on a difficult pitch (arugbly a mistake) and kept going to the last.
    Second half we did, surely not in the first half? Was all about looking for the ball over the top. We've played like we did last night under Parky before and people have said it was all long ball.
  • Options
    Just because we got Chris Powell as the new manager does noty change the team. It has always been the case that these players are technicaly poor and not goodenough for to win promotion. The two players that have come in under Chris and stayed fit have been ok. Of the Parkinson squad maybe three are reasonable footballers at this level, the others are struggling, by this level i mean towards top of div 3. Ny manager even Wenger would struggle to make silk purse out of this team, it will take a year or two to build a squad that can perform at its best week in week out, as are new owners are not going to spend large sums in the transfer and loan market.
  • Options
    I do not want Powell sacked, that has got us nowhere in the recent past. Powell should be judged at the end of next season where any pat excuse that its Parkinson's team are not there. We will find out at the end of next season how good Powell and his coaching staff are, especially with some money to spend during the close season.
  • Options
    Can we please give the man a chance.

Under parky we looked devoid of any attacking ideas. My own personal thoughts that we lucked several wins this season under him (Notts County @ home being 1 of them).
    All we done was hoof the ball long and then, when the opposition had possession, sit back and make them look like world beaters.

At least under CP we look slightly better going forward. Ok, the defence needs to be sorted out (Doc - please retire for everone's sake).

Please remember that CP has inherited Parky's squad and again, in my own opinion, at least 3 to 4 players are not good enough!

Just for once, can we all please stand united behind the manager and get behind the team - we can make a difference!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: scabbyhorse[/cite]His a fan ( charlton fan ) and its his opinion , just cant see why people get worked up over it . Can not see why a thread was made for it , comes across as internet bullying to me. Fecking boring if we all thought the same imo

It's not what is said necessarily but the lack of justification for it.

Hypothetical example: Doherty is sh** why doesn't he f*** off? What does that seriously add to the debate? It's just gratuitous abuse and obscenity.

On the other hand: Doherty is sh** because he is slow and liable to make at least one bad mistake a match allows a reasoned response which stimulates debate.

Such as: Yes he is slow but he is courageous and puts his head in where others fear to tread and yes he made two awful howlers against Exeter but look at his reaction: he didn't hide and put in that overhead kick which hit BWP on the arse and went in.

There is then scope for further discussion. Nobody is saying don't express an opinion they are saying give reasons for your opinions.

In my opinion :-)

Well I am sorry Len, Docherty would not be getting a Charlton first team for me.
    Why because he lumps the ball up in the air, is slow to track back, and yes he does make 'mistakes', too many too often for me!

If you take comfort that he is a 'big bloke' at the back, who is brave, then fine!.... I obviously expect a lot more.
    But then I have expected a lot more from most of the recent teams/players of recent times!.

I am not one for personnal abuse, but in Docs case I could be persuaded, I have to say that his inclussion is there in my opinion by default!

He has played well in some games, but there is always a 'doc moment' bit like a London bus, 'take there time, often late,slow to turn, and then three mistakes all at once.
  • Options
    The last 3 games have been poor but I dont think they have been disastrous. Powell needs time, do you think the new board would have appointed Powell in the first place if they thought he was not a long term solution? He won hes first 4 which stopped a bad run of form without winning in nearly 2months. I dont think many managers carry around a magic wand that instantly gets success out of a team so get behind the new manager and the players.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]I do not want Powell sacked, that has got us nowhere in the recent past. Powell should be judged at the end of next season where any pat excuse that its Parkinson's team are not there. We will find out at the end of next season how good Powell and his coaching staff are, especially with some money to spend during the close season.

I don't even think we can judge Powell at the end of the season.
    He's obviously inherited a group of players who are just not good enough and until we ship out the dead wood and replace them with players of a higher quality only then can we judge Powell. It will also be time for the new owners to send a message to the rest of the league.
    Lets face it , we are nowhere near good enough to get promoted and if by some fluke we did ,this side would get ripped apart in the Championship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: dickplumb[/cite]I do not want Powell sacked, that has got us nowhere in the recent past. Powell should be judged at the end of next season where any pat excuse that its Parkinson's team are not there. We will find out at the end of next season how good Powell and his coaching staff are, especially with some money to spend during the close season.

I don't even think we can judge Powell at the end of the season.
    He's obviously inherited a group of players who are just not good enough and until we ship out the dead wood and replace them with players of a higher quality only then can we judge Powell. It will also be time for the new owners to send a message to the rest of the league.
    Lets face it , we are nowhere near good enough to get promoted and if by some fluke we did ,this side would get ripped apart in the Championship.

I said the end of next season, not this one.