Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Midfielder needed....

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I thought he was a revelation in that role against Peterborough and I can't understand why Powell hasn't stuck with it.
    Because he wants to fit Eccleston and BWP in the team, and they struggled as a partnership which means playing Abbott or Anyinsah as well.

Perhaps just as fitting Waggy, Reid and Martin in the team was not what we needed to do (only one usually started in our good run after the Brighton defeat) trying to play both Eccleston and BWP isn't what is needed?

Was it Damian Matthew who said Wagstaff's best position was in the hole or up front, not out wide?

We might even get the best of both by playing him on the right of a front 3? Would certainly give more width than BWP did in a 4-3-3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]I thought he was a revelation in that role against Peterborough and I can't understand why Powell hasn't stuck with it.
    Because he wants to fit Eccleston and BWP in the team, and they struggled as a partnership which means playing Abbott or Anyinsah as well.

Perhaps just as fitting Waggy, Reid and Martin in the team was not what we needed to do (only one usually started in our good run after the Brighton defeat) trying to play both Eccleston and BWP isn't what is needed?

Was it Damian Matthew who said Wagstaff's best position was in the hole or up front, not out wide?

We might even get the best of both by playing him on the right of a front 3? Would certainly give more width than BWP did in a 4-3-3.

Yes, I think that having too many options up front is working against CP at the moment. But playing Waggy in that advanced central midfield role could not only solve our midfield problems but could also make the forward line far more potent.