Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Striker set for shock Valley exit **CONFIRMED**

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8879456.Striker_set_for_shock_Valley_departure/

Comments

• Does that mean a target man is coming in on loan?
  • Who knows but CP did say before the County game he wanted two new loan signings.
  • Need more than 2
  • Maybe it's just so he can go away and get some match fitness for a bit. He's not good enough for the first team anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Does that mean a target man is coming in on loan?
    Hope so
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Maybe it's just so he can go away and get some match fitness for a bit. He's not good enough for the first team anyway.[/quote]

More than match fitness i think

t"he former Polish U21 international has been told he can look for a new club by Chris Powell.

Although Powell insisted there is no confirmed offer on the table just yet,"
  • whats the fact he has a polish mother got to do with him leaving
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]whats the fact he has a polish mother got to do with him leaving

She wants him to do some building work for her.
  • Please could I ask what the question was that you asked Powell to elicit this response?

ie did you say 'Would you listen to any offers on Abbott?'
    or did you say 'Is there any transfer news.'

Listening to the press conferences in full I often find that journos ask very leading questions and make stories from very vague answers.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Please could I ask what the question was that you asked Powell to elicit this response?

ie did you say 'Would you listen to any offers on Abbott?'
    or did you say 'Is there any transfer news.'

Listening to the press conferences in full I often find that journos ask very leading questions and make stories from very vague answers.
    Might be wrong but I think Powell was asked why Abbott wasn't even on the bench.
  • Praise the Lord
  • Good luck to him...

Regular football and I doubt he'll be anything more than a bench warmer for the rest of the season.
  • Very strange. Thought he would stay till the end of the season if anything.

Good luck to him though. Just when we were starting to get the best out of him...
  • A morrocan and a belgian
  • I know f*ck all, just wanna get in on the act and say im ITK if it comes true
  • Good luck, Pawel.
  • good luck anyway, never saw this coming.
  • Good luck to him.

Always gave his best and even did the tunnel jump once when Robbie was injured as I recall.
  • Sponsored links:

• He'll be back in England in a few years I reckon

Still good luck to him, rated Sodje more and was disappointed we let him go, but against Peterborough and Exeter I thought he was a different player to what we seen. Also scored a pretty good goal vs Swindon

Need a new target man now though, seems like we probably have someone lined up.
  • Good job , Benni Mac is coming i hear , that nightclub in Swanley could be reopening! :)
    Deja Vu? i think we've been here before.
  • All the best to him.
  • Really suprised. Was Powell playing him to get him match fit and in shop window? Thought he was looking much improved against exeter.
  • I liked him myself, thought he added something a little bit different. Good luck mate
  • All the best to Pawel - reckon he'll do well wherever he goes.
  • Slightly off subject, but was Abbott awarded his goal vs Peterborough as the match report on the OS contradicts itself on the same page?

And if he wasn't then why was Kalinic awarded his looping deflection for Blackburn vs Villa?
  • What worries me is that it seemed obvious last Friday that on that pitch with us punting long balls high up front, the one person we should have to try and make something happen was Abbott, who was not even on the bench. It now seems that the management/owners thought it more important to let Abbott go than to get something out of the game. This raises the question of how badly they want promotion this season ? I personally will only be happy if it means that they plan to replace Abbott with someone better.
  • great buisness i thought he was absolute shite.
  • Good luck Pav, showed all too brief flashes of what he could do and scored some good goals. You could see when he played against us that he could be effective but didn't really work out.

The wider picture is that Powell has now off loaded two big strikers in a few weeks and brought in BWP. Eccleston was new but pre-Powell. Martin also left.

So what does that mean? Maybe he just didn't fancy them or could it be he wants to play a different style. But Large was told we are still looking for a target man.

To me it indicates that the budget is still tight and wages have to be shed before new players could come in. We have an ever shrinking squad already small compared to other clubs in this league.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rory Fallon arrive.