Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Striker set for shock Valley exit **CONFIRMED**

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: EastTerrace[/cite]Slightly off subject, but was Abbott awarded his goal vs Peterborough as the match report on the OS contradicts itself on the same page?

And if he wasn't then why was Kalinic awarded his looping deflection for Blackburn vs Villa?

I am of the understanding that the dubious goals commitee only sit for the Prem, lower down it is up to the clubs, so I doubt Posh mind it being claimed by Abbott
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Rory Fallon arrive.

Better start praying.

From Wikipedia: Rory Fallon is a Christian who is involved with the charity faith and football. He has revealed that he moves clubs based on what God tells him. He told the Guardian: "One club has come in for me, but I don't feel the Lord wants me to go. I will wait on what the Lord says. I don't feel I have got a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord, and I keep telling people this. They probably think I'm mad, but I know full well that when Paul Sturrock came in and wanted me to go to Southend I had a dream and the Lord told me to stay at Plymouth. I have had no instructions since so I stay at Plymouth."
  • Options
    Better start praying.

From Wikipedia: Rory Fallon is a Christian who is involved with the charity faith and football. He has revealed that he moves clubs based on what God tells him. He told the Guardian: "One club has come in for me, but I don't feel the Lord wants me to go. I will wait on what the Lord says. I don't feel I have got a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord, and I keep telling people this. They probably think I'm mad, but I know full well that when Paul Sturrock came in and wanted me to go to Southend I had a dream and the Lord told me to stay at Plymouth. I have had no instructions since so I stay at Plymouth."
    Lets hope those voices in his head are sstill active, he's crap.
  • Options
    Is this a case of "don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia"?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]Is this a case of "don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia"?!
    I remember him speaking about it during the world cup about his faith
  • Options
    Well hopefully the Lord will tell him to come to us and score a hat trick every game.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2011
    @ubot9: Thanks for all the messages,enjoyed myself at Charlton,good club,good lads,good fans,except the ones that booed me ha! Good luck for season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Good luck Pav, showed all too brief flashes of what he could do and scored some good goals. You could see when he played against us that he could be effective but didn't really work out.

The wider picture is that Powell has now off loaded two big strikers in a few weeks and brought in BWP. Eccleston was new but pre-Powell. Martin also left.

So what does that mean? Maybe he just didn't fancy them or could it be he wants to play a different style. But Large was told we are still looking for a target man.

To me it indicates that the budget is still tight and wages have to be shed before new players could come in. We have an ever shrinking squad already small compared to other clubs in this league.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Rory Fallon arrive.

I think Rory Fallon would be a good shout. Big lump with a bit of ability on the deck, or is that Pawel Abbott?
  • Options
    Pawel on Twitter today:

Thanks for all the messages,enjoyed myself at Charlton,good club,good lads,good fans,except the ones that booed me ha! Good luck for season
  • Options
    That's a nice tweet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to Powell, Pawel said a few weeks ago he wished to go back to Poland and the club said that if he found a club they wouldn't stand in his way. The transfer was all down to Pawel himself. Interesting.
  • Options
    Family reasons perhaps as if he was unhappy or unsettled in the south then surely he would have asked for any type of move.

Wish him all the best, his physical presence was certainly missed tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]According to Powell, Pawel said a few weeks ago he wished to go back to Poland and the club said that if he found a club they wouldn't stand in his way. The transfer was all down to Pawel himself. Interesting.

I would be surprised if this was about Abbot going "back" to Poland, he has a broad northern accent and I think has actually spent the majority of his life in England.

From memory, I think he lived in Poland from about 10 years old till his late teens.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DRAddick[/cite]According to Powell, Pawel said a few weeks ago he wished to go back to Poland and the club said that if he found a club they wouldn't stand in his way. The transfer was all down to Pawel himself. Interesting.

I would be surprised if this was about Abbot going "back" to Poland, he has a broad northern accent and I think has actually spent the majority of his life in England.

From memory, I think he lived in Poland from about 10 years old till his late teens.

His son is at my wife's school and she was talking to his missus yesterday who gave her the impression that she was surprised that they were moving to Poland and that it had come about at very short notice.
  • Options
    Your wife is still at school?????? There's a name for people like you sir. ;-)