Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lets face it, oohaah is right....

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Grapevine49[/cite]I really am not sure why any of us should have any real expectation for anything better than what we are currently witnessing - other than of course plain wishful thinking or even blind optimism.

I've been following Charlton since 1976 and this is the worse run in my 35 years of watching and will probably at a minimum equal our worse run in history since we first got out of the third tier in 1929

so my expectations/hope/ blind optimism is for better than this load of bullcrap we're currently being served up
    and after being amongst the elite for a good few seasons and being fed the crap about what a well run club we were , when the reality was we were just one relegation and non promotion from disaster , has left a sour taste amongst fans i would suggest
    basically curbs miracles kept us in the top flight and the subsequent mismanagement and poor decision making by murray and co since curbs left has left us where we are today

and no sane person could say whether powell will be a good/bad manager before he came in or even now after 8 games , i think at the end of next season we'll have a good idea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]Fanny - I'm sure someone on here knows the facts, but I'd be interested to know the average time it takes a relegated team to get promotion back up from this division.

Took us a few years, Leeds too, Southampton are still trying, as are yourselves, others have sank & fallen even further.

Most teams take a few years to turn things around. You get relegated because the players are rubbish, the atmosphere within the club is negative, stale, people are in a losing mindset from the kitchen staff to the groundsmen. Not easy to just switch that all around and storm back up.

Takes some time, a realisation about what this level is about, adapting to it and succeeding.

Just wanted to comment on this.

I did some research when we went down to League 1 - I can't remember the exact results, but it is extremely rare for a team to return to the Premiership from League 1. I think it's only one or two teams that have done that since the Premiership was created. So it was always going to be a big ask, but maybe Norwich and /or Leeds will improve that stat in the near future?

Perhaps Norwich/Leeds will.

What about teams relegated from the championship to league 1? Wonder what the average time is it takes for a team to return to the championship.