Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mad Dogs (includes spoilers)

Anyone else watching this? Last one tonight. I only caught up with it last weekend when I watched the first 3 I had on my planner.
Really enjoying it. It's not the best written, most original com/drama you'll ever see but it's fun. Got some great moments and lines. Very good cast and characters. Wonderful scenery too.
Just hope the ending doesn't disappoint as many serials seem to. Probably be all left open ready for another series.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, really enjoying it. As you say, not the best written and parts of it are a little far fetched but well worth watching.

Oh, the female copper would get it too!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Oh, the female copper would get it too!

She can take down my particulars anytime!
  • Options
    I reckon she is involved with one of the 4 blokes and its all a set up
  • Options
    It's a great view - the clips of tonights show the ending could be entertaining! I just hope they don't try an jump the shark with a massively bizarre storyline
  • Options
    I'm enjoying it mostly but some of it leaves me scratching my head

the way they have kept on going back and forth to the boat and it seems that no police are watching them , very strange
  • Options
    that's the point though, it isn't meant to be believable. Plus there are so many inconsistancies it is untrue but it's great entertainment.
  • Options
    Great cast.

Really enjoyed it-can't figure out who's involved, how it's gonna end etc

Female copper :)
  • Options
    Really enjoying it as well. As already been said, bit far fetched but great scenery, strong characters and that female detective! I was disappointed she hardly featured last week. Hope we see more of her tonight.

maria_botto.jpg
  • Options
    Yes good fun to watch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I reckon she is involved with one of the 4 blokes and its all a set up

Yeah that's what I reckon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loving Mad Dogs and Marchlands at the moment.

Even Silk on BBC is ok as well.

Actually not watching channel 405 non stop at the moment
  • Options
    Bugger ! Opened the thread and then realized I've got the first 3 on Sky+......
    No Spoilers Please !
  • Options
    Good series,
    Well shot, and good bit of escapism......
    Love the Detective......

Great Villa!
  • Options
    Still none the wiser. Was she a cop? Was Quinn behind it all? Is Quinn going to cop it from Dominic?

Expect Mad Dogs 2 next year.
  • Options
    Poor man's Sexy Beast imho.

Don Logan rules.
  • Options
    still dont get it either!
    what was the women for? cop or..?

argh!
  • Options
    Let's face it, this was never going to have a straightforward ending, but I suppose the idea is to get everyone talking about it......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AlexAnder[/cite]still dont get it either!
    what was the women for? cop or..?

argh!

I'm confused and a little disappointed but I guess it does lend itself to a new series

I still think Quinn didn't actually kill the copper and they're in it together

Good acting, nice scenery and a refreshing storyline though
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    superb series ,the ending obviously leaves it open for a new series .
    at least i hope so.
  • Options
    A waste of some good actors. Really needed a good script editor to sort it out before they started shooting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought the outline of the storyline was good, as were the actors, but it could have been a hell of a better script and a bit of a wasted opportunity really.

Enjoyed it though, and some of the scenes with the midget in the 3rd episode were very funny.

That was one sexy copper.
  • Options
    i loved the whole thing and thought the ending was very satisfactory (spoiler below).

i took at face value. she's a moody copper, quinn shot her, sacrificed himself for his mates (he had little to go home to) and inevitably went out in an apocalypse now blaze of glory.
  • Options
    yep 1 sexy copper definately like a week or 2 in that villa with her.

or anywhere really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]
    i took at face value. she's a moody copper, quinn shot her, sacrificed himself for his mates (he had little to go home to) and inevitably went out in an apocalypse now blaze of glory.

That's how i read it, except i think the 2nd series will probably start with the others turning the car round and turning up just at the point of Dominic about to shoot Quinn. Somehow that will go wrong, Quinn will survive and they'll be back in brown stuff for killing 2 (bent) coppers.
  • Options
    I was hoping for a ending with a better twist, especially when Baxter sat down and started to plot things out on paper....I thought he was onto something big!!

Enjoyed it, but thought the ending was a bit weak.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]

That's how i read it, except i think the 2nd series will probably start with the others turning the car round and turning up just at the point of Dominic about to shoot Quinn. Somehow that will go wrong, Quinn will survive and they'll be back in brown stuff for killing 2 (bent) coppers.

Thats what I said to my wife - series two starts with Max Beesley stopping the car saying "We can't just leave him here - he needs us"
  • Options
    I think, if there is a second series, it will start with an opening shot of Quinn still in the pool slowly breaking into a smile and then the camera pans round to to the sultry sexy detective who is now half naked having discarded the shirt that contained the exploding fake blood capsules! Well, I can live in hope.
  • Options
    Villa is right near my Sister in laws in North Majorca - lovely spot. Must say I am so confused with the ending though!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]A waste of some good actors. Really needed a good script editor to sort it out before they started shooting.

Why don't you do the 2nd series?

It was a bit of fun. Most enjoyable. You must stop taking EVERYTHING so seriously. You're getting old before your time fella.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite] Just hope the ending doesn't disappoint as many serials seem to. Probably be all left open ready for another series.

Oh well.