Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite sport apart from football?

Comments

• Options
    Darts and Horse Racing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]MotoGP and Superbike racing and boxing are my preferred sports other than football. Also like UFC.
    Cricket is the dullest sport ever and the skill ends in rugby once they have tied their boot laces up.

Guess we won't be having a beer and a chat about sport anytime soon then Bib - LOL. Strikes me as odd you even like football... ;-)

Henners - re: baseball, I do enjoy it, but it is in the middle somewhere with rugby league, track cycling,10 pin bowling etc
  • Options
    Motor racing, whether it be F1, sports cars, historic etc.

Don't really have anything more than a passing interest in watching any other sport.

Like playing golf but struggle to watch it for any length of time.
  • Options
    My favourite sport to actively take part in would have to be martial arts, particularly karate. I no longer have the time for football or cricket.

My favourite spectator sports other than football include: rugby union (Wasps and England), boxing and cricket (Kent and England).
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]MotoGP and Superbike racing and boxing are my preferred sports other than football. Also like UFC.
    Cricket is the dullest sport ever and the skill ends in rugby once they have tied their boot laces up.[/quote]

Guess we won't be having a beer and a chat about sport anytime soon then Bib - LOL. Strikes me as odd you even like football... ;-)

Henners - re: baseball, I do enjoy it, but it is in the middle somewhere with rugby league, track cycling,10 pin bowling etc[/quote]

Sometimes I dont even like football!!! ;o)

Love the bike racing 'cos I've had a go and it is the most exhilarating sport to participate in. Played footy at an exceptable level, played Cricket at school, enjoyed playing but not watching. As for Rugby, to get on you either have to be 20 stone or able to run like the wind, imho the only skill level is the conversion kicking. Not for me I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Never used to "get" rugby myself Bib, but over the years have grown to love it - I think it got a lot better when it turned pro.
  • Options
    NHL by far the best 'live' sport I've seen.

Love all the US sports apart from basketball...Packers, Oilers & Astros for me.

Boxing but nowhere near as good as it used to be when all the big names were about.
  • Options
    Athletics and Boxing, then any form of championships that England or GB are competing in.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Whisper!!!
  • Options
    Cricket then golf, tennis, snooker, darts, athletics (Olympics and major events). Football is probably the only sport that I could watch at just about any level.

Rugby is dull but not as dull as American football and baseball. Also hate any motor sport and horse racing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cricket then Motorsport (but not F1).
    Went to see Belfast Giants vs Nottingham Panthers in January it was a good night out. IMO it doesn't matter that the players aren't up to NHL standards as long as the teams are fairly equally matched. Oddly supporters were not allowed to wear replica footie strip - would that have been just because of the Rangers/Celtic rubbish that goes on in Norn Iron I wonder?
    Rugby League is good (Union is just a bunch of fat blokes lying on top of each other in the exact opposite corner of the pitch from where you are sitting)
    Strangely for someone that believes that horses are only good for burger meat, I've been to a few Polo games in the last couple of years. Great entertainment, posh totty and you can drink alcohol in sight of the pitch.
  • Options
    Love watching Cricket, whether it be T20, ODI or Test match. Havent played since my daughter was born though. Not sure my eyes could cope with the pace bowling these days though.
    I'm a very keen road cyclist nowadays. Not very good but I'm getting better all the time...and most importantly fitter. Nothing quite beats an early Sunday morning club road ride.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]WWE all day long[/quote]

He said SPORT not pantomime ;-)
  • Options
    Cricket is my favourite by some way, but I am getting frustrated with the way the game is going, domestically and internationally. Also enjoy football, golf, tennis, horse racing (NH only), proper boxing, darts, snooker and Rugby League.
    Gone right off Union since it went pro.

Really dislike athletics these days because of all the cheating. Same goes for many Olympic sports. Really have no interest in the Olympics these days nor any major Athletic events.

I used to swim a lot competitively and enjoyed it but it has to be the one of the worst spectator sports though. So boring.
  • Options
    Cricket, rugby, NH racing, baseball, athletics, in fact pretty much anything that involves competition and effort. The only sports I won't watch are boxing and golf, the latter because it's basically darts for rich people intersperesed with watching grass grow and boxing I haven't watched since the Eubank-Watson fight.
  • Options
    Boxing, athletics and ....(maybe the only one).... weightlifting.
  • Options
    Cycling (Grand Tours, the Giro, The Tour de France and the Vuelta), the later stages of the majors in both tennis and golf, the Ryder Cup and every 4 years the major Athletic events at the Olympics. Other than these, and football, I don't think I spend more than a minute per year watching any other sport.
  • Options
    Used to be F1 by a mile but really got into the NFL last season as a Redskins fan so i'd be gutted if this season does not go ahead.
  • Options
    just to correct you all

There is no other sport

Than football the rest are just pastimes.
  • Options
    Come on lads, it has to be ladies beach Volleyball !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mainly cricket, boxing and nfl.

But to be honest:

a) I watch so much football from all over the place there doesn't tend to be much time for anything else, especially Spring where there is no cricket/nfl
    b) If there is time I'd watch pretty much any sport (within reason!)
  • Options
    Only Formula One. Come on Jenson!
  • Options
    Winters-Dawn: I've only had a chance to watch a few minutes of the International Rules and that was shortly after I'd arrived in Melbourne (2008) and as I didn't even understand the Aussie Rules rules then, it didn't make a lot of sense to me. But hopefully in a future series I'll be able to enjoy or even go to a game.
  • Options
    i havent been to a game yet but its great to watch
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]
    Jesus i forgot Formula One!! Cant wait for the new season to start! :)

I used to be big into Motorbike Racing in my teens a few years ago Mortimerician, is it still as good as i remember? I'm talking about 7-8 years ago
    I'd have to say not, as a few of the new traction control boys aren't real balls out racers like the Sheenes and Rossis. That said some of the fun and games in the last few years has been amazing. Rossi Lorenzo on the last lap in Spain and Rossi Stoner in the US have been amongst the all time best racing. This season could be amazing if Rossi gets the Duc working for him, or it could be dreadful if Pedo and Stoner ride off into the distance and try to bore the other into submission.

Still some good racing to be had in BSB and WSB and Moto2 is amongst the most enjoyable and insane spectacles in sport anywher
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]
    Jesus i forgot Formula One!! Cant wait for the new season to start! :)

I used to be big into Motorbike Racing in my teens a few years ago Mortimerician, is it still as good as i remember? I'm talking about 7-8 years ago[/quote]
    I'd have to say not, as a few of the new traction control boys aren't real balls out racers like the Sheenes and Rossis. That said some of the fun and games in the last few years has been amazing. Rossi Lorenzo on the last lap in Spain and Rossi Stoner in the US have been amongst the all time best racing. This season could be amazing if Rossi gets the Duc working for him, or it could be dreadful if Pedo and Stoner ride off into the distance and try to bore the other into submission.

Still some good racing to be had in BSB and WSB and Moto2 is amongst the most enjoyable and insane spectacles in sport anywher[/quote]

Yes Rossi Lorenzo last lap was something else, I think it was Julian Ryder commentating 'it is impossible to overtake there, Rossi is through, he cant do that', brilliant, Moto2 is 45 minutes of lunacy.
    WSB will be a cracker this year, I hope Haslam gets the Championship! Forget Phillip Island, thats a Duke circuit, but the rest of the tracks anyone of 6-7 riders can win, luvverly stuff, kicks F1 into touch!
    Cant wait.
  • Options
    Kabaddi is a really awesome game to play, if you are with skilled experienced participants.
  • Options
    Formula 1, ski racing and then football, in that order.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: EGAddick[/cite]Formula 1, ski racing and then football, in that order.

ah ski racing, i seem to find a new sport to watch every year after things like the winter olympics
  • Options
    Love my Golf but also enjoy Baseball & NFL. Also a big NH Racing fan, just had a great week down at Cheltenham.