Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time for beddy byes - POLL

A year ago i'd normally be going to bed about midnight. Fast forward 12 months its now 9.30, and i'm finding anything starting at 9pm is having to be recorded. I reckon another few months and i'll be putting my Primark pyjamas on at work for the train home.

So what time is everyone's regular bed time ?

Comments

• Options
    3.00pm saturday
    Then the nightmare begins ;-)
  • Options
    Always struggled getting to sleep, used to be about 2am/3am now about 1am, get up everyday at 6 or 6.30. Never had a problem being tired, i just seem to cope on 4 or 5 hours sleep.
  • Options
    Around 11pm as I'm up around 5am during the week and not getting at least 6 hours sleep each night eventually creeps up on you, especially when out drinking.

On a note to other early risers, it's nice to see the sun again!
  • Options
    Apparently the average british bedtime is 11.41pm
  • Options
    After the ITV news, about 10.24.

Would be later but you can count the number of times I have had a full nights sleep on one hand over the last 4 years. I need Supernanny.
  • Options
    9-10 usually for me as I start work at 5am, so up at 4am. Rarely go to bed later than 11 even if I've got a day off the following day unless I'm out in town.
  • Options
    always tend to go to bed around 10-10.30 depending on what I'm watching, then put the tv on with the timer on and generally fall asleep anytime aft 11.

Up every morning at 5.45
  • Options
    Aim for 10, usually manage 10:30.

Usually up between 6:45-7:15
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I very rarely go to bed before midnight. I really only need 5 hours sleep. I wake at 5am and get up at 5.30 after a couple of snooze button hits. I go to sleep and awake listening to 5Live and am constantly amazed how I remember things the next day that I have obviously heard sub-consciously whilst dozing. If someone at work asks about an overnight sporting issue for example I find myself giving the result etc with out even thinking or remembering hearing the news myself.
    I get up early on a Saturday morning too but do sleep in on a Sunday till nine, mainly because I haven't gone to bed till 3am!
    I do cat-nap on the train in the evening. 6 mins between LB and NC is a real power nap. Sometimes I do feel tired after a succession of real late nights and early mornings and go to bed at 10pm but that I'm wide awake at 4am!
  • Options
    Shift work. If working days like I am at the moment I try to be in bed for half 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Bet you weren't on Saturday !

ouch
  • Options
    Usually aim to go to bed at 1ish.

I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Usually aim to go to bed at 1ish.

I get up when I want, except on Wednesdays.

Dustbin collection day?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

Bet you weren't on Saturday !

ouch

Very ouch!!
  • Options
    Well after 1 AM. I do 10-6 in the office, but do a lot of work after hours (the curse of IT bods everywhere). Don't mind it - lets me watch ice hockey live on moody streams :o)
  • Options
    I usually can't stay up beyond 9pm otherwise I'm useless the next day. I struggle when there's a midweek match.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I usually can't stay up beyond 9pm otherwise I'm useless the next day.

Are you my nan?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I usually can't stay up beyond 9pm otherwise I'm useless the next day. I struggle when there's a midweek match.

Do you play for Charlton?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well after 1 AM. I do 10-6 in the office, but do a lot of work after hours (the curse of IT bods everywhere). Don't mind it - lets me watch ice hockey live on moody streams :o)
    It never fails to amaze me how late some people start work. I wish I did better at school!
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I usually can't stay up beyond 9pm otherwise I'm useless the next day. I struggle when there's a midweek match.

Do you play for Charlton?
    Ha Ha!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite] It never fails to amaze me how late some people start work. I wish I did had done better at school!
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    go to bed between 11-12 (although sleep occurs much later), get up about 7.45.

i'm a very bad sleeper, find it hard to switch off. gonna try chirpy's 5live trick. if anybody has other recommendations for sleep-inducing late night radio i'll be willing to try it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]go to bed between 11-12 (although sleep occurs much later), get up about 7.45.

i'm a very bad sleeper, find it hard to switch off. gonna try chirpy's 5live trick. if anybody has other recommendations for sleep-inducing late night radio i'll be willing to try it.

Lay right on the edge of the bed...........you'll soon drop off!
  • Options
    Ladies & Gentlemen.............CHIRPY RED
  • Options
    I'm here all week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]always tend to go to bed around 10-10.30 depending on what I'm watching, then put the tv on with the timer on and generally fall asleep anytime aft 11.

Up every morning at 5.45

Similar to this. Bed at 11, asleep by 11.30, TV turns off at 11.45 and I'm never awake when it goes off. Get up at 6.30.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Well after 1 AM. I do 10-6 in the office, but do a lot of work after hours (the curse of IT bods everywhere). Don't mind it - lets me watch ice hockey live on moody streams :o)
    It never fails to amaze me how late some people start work. I wish I did better at school!
    You obviously failed to notice the bit underneath where I clearly stated that I was regularly up working after 1AM...

I also worked the whole of this weekend on a SAN migration - which didn't finish until nearly 3AM this morning.
  • Options
    Bed at 11 and up 5 for a P***
    It happens to us all eventually : (
  • Options
    It depends on what shift I'm doing the next day or night. But if I'm not working it's normally between 10pm and midnight so I can get the kids ready for school and allow the Mrs a lie in.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Bed at 11 and up 5 for a P***
    It happens to us all eventually : (

Bed at 11 & up for a P*** @ 12, 1:30, 3:30, 5 & finally "properly" out of bed at 6:30/7.
  • Options
    No matter what time i have to be at work cant go to bed before 12-1 am

Dan youll find as the kids get bigger youll be going to bed later