Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dagenham 2 - 1 Charlton - Post match thread

Comments

• Options
    John Still has said it is the greatest result in their history and our own manager thinks we can fall further:

When asked if the club had reached rock bottom, he remained bullish, saying: "No, not at all. I would never say that as we have games to go.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    the comedy pub clown car crash that is Charlton Athletic continues to go through the motions
    in all honesty could anyone do worse as manager than SCP no
    i'm pretty sure i used those words as parky led us to league one
    so so painful
    so so shameful
    Powelly is showing no signs of any sort of management ability but i think we have to give him till November/December till we'll be able to decide for sure
    anyway welcome to the worse period in our history IMO :-(

99% league one boredom again 1% we can say how great our away support is at a load of new grounds and some of our clown fans will be happy that we'll have more chance of winning at a lower level cos we always knew we'd lose when we played man utd or chelsea
  • Options
    Even first 20 mins, with 5/6 corners, but after that we were woeful. If that lot had a team bonding session in the week, then that was a waste of money.

Glad that the tunnel was under our stand, so that they can see/hear the reaction at ht/ft.

When you are 2 down with 30 mins to go, if you are going to make any subs, they must be attacking to give you a chance. You don't go like for like with a full back. That was where "you don't what your doing" chants came from.

Powell is out of his depth.
  • Options
    Yep. Bring Solly for Fry was baffling although Fry was having a mare.

Wagstaff for Reid was even more puzzling leaving McCormack on. All too late as well.

As soon as the second went in, it should've been a double sub with Reid (awful) and Eccleston.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Yep. Bring Solly for Fry was baffling although Fry was having a mare.

Wagstaff for Reid was even more puzzling leaving McCormack on. All too late as well.

As soon as the second went in, it should've been a double sub with Reid (awful) and Eccleston.

Solly is the saviour according to some on here - bringing him on is a no brainer. CP can't please everyone
  • Options
    didn't go, didn't even check the result until after the game....couldn't really give a t*ss at the moment

they really are not fit to wear the shirt

will probably go on Tuesday only as I've nothing better to do.
  • Options
    Why don't we play Llera up front? Surely he couldn't do any worse than the other 6 we've had up there this season!
    He's got the right attitude, great in the air, Good at free-kicks but defensively I'd stick to the Double D dynamic duo at the back for the next 10 games, as he's (Llera) definatly Accident-Prone.

Can't understand McCormack over Ecclestone, the latter must be looking forward to May (Like the rest of us).
  • Options
    finished with the full backs that should have started. Jenks can play LB until Bessone is fit and then fight it out with Solly for RB. Send Fry back, he ain't that good and if we are not going to try him at CH he isn't even needed. Parratt did ok and at least most of his work was going forward and trying to get things happening. McOxo was once again very poor and so was Semedo. Thought Waggy was doing ok and shouldn't have been subbed. Reid was poor when on. BWP tried without any service and Nouble doesn't even look like a League 1 player let alone a PL one. Llera and Dailly whilst not poor were not great either. Feel sorry for Eccles, think he might go back soon. Feel sorry for Worner, did okay but must think every game 'why do I have to make a number of saves whilst my opposite number sips tea and eats cake'.

Looks to me like a lot of players out there who know they won't be here next season. Only the kids (Solly, Jenks & Waggy) clapped the crowd and Worner even got a few chants of his name in return for his applause. No-one is blaming these players, shame they can't be allowed to leave the pitch a few minutes before the rest because they don't deserve it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

When you are 2 down with 30 mins to go, if you are going to make any subs, they must be attacking to give you a chance. You don't go like for like with a full back. That was where "you don't what your doing" chants came from.

Powell is out of his depth.

Hate to say it but I think you're right, Powell's substitutions were stupid. I was never a huge fan of Racon and Semedo in the middle as I don't think they carry much of an attacking threat but they give us stability. Mcoxo is NOT winger and I don't know why hes been playing so much atm, he's just not good enough. Getting the best out of your players is the basics of management esp. at this level, if we don't win again before the end of the season then he's got to go. Simple. And what's with all the loan signings? What we've got is enough, they just aren't playing, focus on getting them playing better! That's the problem!
  • Options
    its east to follow the same old " get him out".........if the majority of charlton fans had stuck by alan curbs we would not be in this mess, we dont have a squad!! and the directors took us apart, get real.....sadly most of those fans prob have gone...leaving those that were always there , palace, west ham etc, i remeber those days and yes it is almost full circle....do i care anymore? absolutly not...........football is dead as is the spririt of charlton, you cant replace those days, they are gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Racon totally anonymous again!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: harveys gardener[/cite]Racon totally anonymous again!

That's because he didn't play! Wasn't even on as a sub!
  • Options
    i cant believe what i witnessed today that performance was so bad i didnt know wether to laugh or cry ,we where 2nd best in all departments todayand even our goal flattered us,as for powelly he looked like a lost man walking off at the end today .
  • Options
    league two it is then. was shocking
  • Options
    thought we were better than of late - at least we had a few forward moves instead of the recent sideways malarky, but having withstood a first five minute battering when we could have been 2-0 down we slowly came back into it and the next 20 mins we actually looked a half decent side. However, having forced 6 or 7 corners without troubling their defence we let in another soft goal, and that was that.

Positives.

BWP - always looks lively and in another team would be the leagues top scorer. It has only taken us 2 months to "Charltonise" him and now hasn;t scored in 3 games (mainly because he hasn't been given any servce). Some great touches and made our goal.

Parrett - finally got a player who likes to go forward with the ball & can play a forward pass to boot.

Worner - another good game with some excellent saves - can't be blamed for either of the goals.

Jenkinson - solid as usual and although not one of his better games it can't be easy being swapper from left to rifgght back every other game.

Solly - steady.

Negatives

all the rest !!

Very disappointed at the end - as soon as the final whistle went a couple of the players rushed down the tunnel as fast as they could without acknowleding the fans...........only Jenkinson, Solly & Worner clapped - even Dailly didn't ackowledge us. very poor form.

League two here we come !
  • Options
    err.....how's that song go again.....something like...."things, can only get better!"!
  • Options
    Just got back, can't be bothered with a proper right up, we are an embarrassment, appalling isn't the word.

The worrying thing is, we come up against the first good team of Powell's reign on Tuesday. If they don't beat us by at least 3 i'll be surprised. Betters - Southampton -1 is literally buying money.
  • Options
    I feel sorry for BWP - on track for L1 leading scorer, then he gets sold to us!
  • Options
    What old woman started moaning at us for standing up when she was in the top row, do believe she posts on here
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]What old woman started moaning at us for standing up when she was in the top row, do believe she posts on here

Oi! Who you calling an old woman?! That's my wife's job (as in "you drive like an old woman").
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bit puzzled by the comments attributed to the radio commentary re. our corners / set pieces. I've (sort of) defended McCormack on another post simply because he tried, but during that spell of first half corners, how many actually troubled them? They arrived on a gentle arc into the box where the keeper or CB's comfotably dealt with them. None were delivered with the pace or flight that might have tempted og's or easily glanced finishes. Not asking for Beckham but even at this level, most teams have a dangerous set piece expert (see Danny Green today). For all that pressure during a 20 mins spell when both forwards looked lively, Roberts barely made a save (and had plenty of time to work on his routine!).

Over all: Still horribly brittle confidence. Parrett at least tried to hold the ball and PASS as the game wore on and he realised he'd have to take the initiative. No sense of leadership - anywhere. Sadly, even players who've done well for us (Dailly, Waggy, Reid, Semedo) are now so scared of making mistakes that they play hospitable balls to pass the buck. BWP still looks dangerous but desperately needs help. Nouble tried hard but is very limited. Just so worrying that teams of such limited means (and even ability) can so easily see us off.

Easy to shout alternatives from the terraces but I'm honestly not sure what the short term cure is. Please please let us deal well in the summer.
  • Options
    Can't comment on the game as I wasn't there however a recurrent theme seems to be people asking why McCormack is playing.

I suggest it is because Jackson is injured and has been for some time. If he (Jackson) recovers I can see him playing on the left with Waggy on the right in place of Oxoman.

Powell can only pick players if they are fit. At this level Elliot, Jackson, Doherty and Anyinsah are arguably a reasonable spine to a side. Let's not forget that.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]At this level Elliot..... arguably a reasonable spine to a side[/quote]

i'll argue that !
  • Options
    Getting worse by the game. Mccormack should NEVER play for our club again. Chris Powell MUST play players in their natural positions. Nouble is dreadful, I know he scored but it was 2 yards out and on a plate. We let Sodje and Abbott go and then bring in a player that is worse than them both. We had 1 shot on target all game and that is not good enough.
  • Options
    WOW!! I just saw Dag's second goal from today, disastrous defending!
  • Options
    I don't get why Powell plays McShiite.

I also can't crack onto how Powell is saying he wants us playing football the 'right' way yet every time we have it it's hoofed, and 90% of the time not even near our own players!!

When we do play proper football it's backwards. We just needed to put it in the corner of the net and it would have been a goal with that 41yrold and 41stone lump of a goaly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]What old woman started moaning at us for standing up when she was in the top row, do believe she posts on here

old ? I suppose anyone over 30 is old to you though eh. And let's not start on the standing issue again. I doubt the 'old woman' asked for a seat in the back row. Once there though you should afford the old dear some respect.
  • Options
    Game was rubbish.

Wish i hade drove.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]At League 2 level Elliot..... arguably a reasonable spine to a side

i'll argue that !

more like it
  • Options
    Witnessed a team totally lacking in confidence and motivation.The majority of this present squad know they are out in May and are performing exactly as a bunch of unwanted players would do.We are in freefall and Im dreading Tuesday.We are facing a relegation battle with a team that has lost its dignity and fight.