Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I think we'll win the majority of our games left, starting with Southampton tonight!

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
I was fooling around with the BBC league predictor and after filling in all of the remaining games, I have calculated that we have a 7/8-point leeway in finishing on a play-off place. With that in mind, I used an unbeatable mathematical formula and it's churned out the fact that we will be finishing strongly.

COYR!

Comments

• Options
    i think so to,amazing times
  • Options
    I don't
  • Options
    I don't
  • Options
    Admire your positivity. I hope we do, need win tonight
  • Options
    Admire your positivity. I hope we do, need win tonight
  • Options
    I'll have some of what you're drinking
  • Options
    Hope your right, but i somehow doubt it. We are 100/30 to win tonight which shows that the bookies give us no chance!
  • Options
    i think your as delusional as our players apparently are
  • Options
    Whatever you are on, where can I get a bottle ?
  • Options
    Fully expecting to get well and truely Tony Gubba'd tonight by Saints, but wouldn't suprise me if I'm walking backup that hill wondering how we won that and saying why don't we play like that all the time. As that is what Charlton do .....Right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: RanTooFar[/cite]I was fooling around with the BBC league predictor and after filling in all of the remaining games, I have calculated that we have a 7/8-point leeway in finishing on a play-off place. With that in mind, I used an unbeatable mathematical formula and it's churned out the fact that we will be finishing strongly.

COYR![/quote]

finishing strongly, yikkes.
  • Options
    Surely by now other teams will be thinking they just have to turn up to beat us. Saints will be slack and complacent. So all we have do do is click and we'll do them 5-0 again.
  • Options
    i think charlton only finish strongly then the play offs are in sight!! could we do the run the 1998/99 squad did + 12 clean sheets ;-)
  • Options
    You lot are deluded...I was there on sat and after seeing the poorest performance I have seen in about 20 years, we will be lucky if we get two wins before the end of the season.
  • Options
    We need around 6 or 8 more points.

The target matches are probably Hartlepool, Walsall and Rochdale at home.

Team performances like at Dag & Red will just get our arse kicked everywhere else - starting with Soton tonight, when a team that has scored 6 goals in their last 8 games(no cleansheet), plays a team who has conceded 3 goals in their last 8 games (5 clean sheets).
  • Options
    i think you are on meth.
  • Options
    to postive to be on meth
  • Options
    I think anyone who actually thinks we'll pick up more than 4/5 points this season wasn't at the game on Saturday !
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have never been more certain of defeat in a home game before- look at the team we put out on Saturday - it looked a broken heap before a ball was kicked. If the players roll their sleeves up and we get a big slice of luck a draw is possible but a win - no - if we somehow thake the lead they will claw it back - we just don't have the heart or qulaity to beat a team like Southampton the way we play. More possible we will get a result on Saturday against Bournemouth who are starting to slip but after a straightforward defeat tonight our confidence will be even lower going into that one.
  • Options
    its a funny game you never no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could someone please check the guys i.p adress, he is either:

a) posting this from the inside of a mental institute

or

b) Chris Powell
  • Options
    This is one of the reasons I love football. The completely delusional optomism it can bring up, I think it is the hook the catches us. For most people life is often about making the best of what you have, whilst in football there is always the next game to change things around. I am going with this positivity (until the negativity kicks back in) I have had enough of feeling miserable about football, the economy and the state of the world I am choosing RTFs unbeatable mathematical formula and moving on up.

RTF could you whisper me the formula so I can test it out, and get a few academics I know to peer review it?
  • Options
    We could turn it round if they let us play our joker like in It's a Knockout! Wouldn't play it tonight though lol
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: RanTooFar[/cite]I was fooling around with the BBC league predictor and after filling in all of the remaining games, I have calculated that we have a 7/8-point leeway in finishing on a play-off place. With that in mind, I used an unbeatable mathematical formula and it's churned out the fact that we will be finishing strongly.

COYR!
    Great optimism but no chance! We'll get hammered tonight and can't see our current set of players getting anymore than a draw or 2 for the rest of the season, I am not a Chris Powell hate squad member I think he has had a raw deal, and think he will come good for us next season with the summer transfer market seeing a lot of action, we will stay up this season, the chance of us going up is near on nil.

I love Charlton, I want more than anything to be positive but we have a board and manager that is 'Proper Charlton' and unfortunately they are paired with a squad of which 90% of the players are not worthy to wear the shirts!
  • Options
    Maybe 60% - but that's enough. I'm going to drag myself along tonight unless I find something marginally more fun to do like finding somebody to hit me over the head with a hammer - seriously though - I shouldn't be dragging myself along to watch my beloved team.
  • Options
    RanTooFar ,
    I admire your faith.
    But i still think you should change you username to Dranktoomuch.
  • Options
    I used the mathematical formula and popped down to William Hill to put a couple of quid on us...

This time next May I'll be a millionaire...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RanTooFar[/cite]I was fooling around with the BBC league predictor and after filling in all of the remaining games, I have calculated that we have a 7/8-point leeway in finishing on a play-off place. With that in mind, I used an unbeatable mathematical formula and it's churned out the fact that we will be finishing strongly.

COYR!

Oi .....I'm the resident loony rose-tinted one on here!!

;o)
  • Options
    I hope your right but i think your being abit to umm well, optimistic.
  • Options
    Let's try a bit of black magic -

I curse Southampton to defeat tonight against Charlton -please mighty voodoo spirits and Andy D'Urso help make it so (bit of JL Picard never fails) -if a few more do this and it works and we might have a plan that could see us in the play offs yet. If it doesn't work we could try sacrificing some chickens for the next game but lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet.