Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournemouth vs. Charlton | 26th March 2011 | Preview, Poll, Views and News

WSSWSS
edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Saturday heralds another game many Charlton fans were expecting to be pivotal in the quest for promotion this seaso,n yet it is a challenge that has all but failed and will have to be revisited next season with all of the optimism and vigour that Mr Slater promises in his latest communication to the fans.

Winter officially ends after the Bournemouth game and we’d all like to see both the clocks as well as our club going forward in the coming months. Promises of investment offers hope in the close-season yet fans will want to see the desire and endeavour shown against Southampton on Tuesday night for the rest of the season to convince them that Chris Powell is the man to take us on the journey back up the leagues, and that some (if not all) of the current squad will join him.

Carl Jenkinson looks unlikely to be one of those players as he has seemingly been told of a better quality of grass in some place else, yet the dependable Chris Solly looks a worthy owner of the right back berth and an encouraging return from Feddy Bessone would suggest he is the left back for us moving forward if he can maintain his fitness long-term. Dailly and Llera continue to look semi-assured in the centre and with an improvement in the centre of the park this should continue.

Dean Parrett put in an assured, if not spectacular performance in midfield at The Valley and his vision and touch was obviously instrumental in our equaliser, hopefully he can follow that up with a similar quality display down at Dean Court. Racon and Semedo look set to keep their places, with the former showing what he can do – and needs to do on a consistent basis. Scott Wagstaff, despite his running, effort and willingness must be teetering on the edge of being dropped with @NE39 ready to try and make an impact that seems to have been promised for a long time.

Joe Anyinsah made a welcome return to the fold from the substitute bench midweek and if we have enough cotton wool in and around Sparrows Lane he should start with BWP ahead of the potentially talented but ultimately frustrating Nouble.

Bournemouth have not been on a great run themselves and the departure of Howe and various key players seems to be catching up with their hopes of automatic promotion and they will be looking at the teams behind them now. With only one win in their last five at home there is hope for a result in front of a number of (inebriated) seaside visiting away fans although a draw is the best we can expect I feel. 2-2.

Come on you reds.

Comments

• Options
    Although we did well against the saints, I personally see us losing this one. Bournemouth are a good team and will be looking to punish any silly mistakes we may make. If we could get a draw out of this, I woould be very happy.
  • Options
    I fancy a Draw this Saturday. 0-0
  • Options
    I can't see us losing this one, they are on the slide. Having lost their last three, our resolute display must have given the players some heart and I can see us getting at least a point. 0-1 CMON you reds
  • Options
    we are gonna win this one 2-0 BWP and Llera
  • Options
    Bournemouth faltering, us due a win.
  • Options
    they're a pub side on a slide we are a pub side who have already slided

i think it's the perfect game for bourney to turn their recent pony form around

worner ,twitter fella39 and anyinsah in for me
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If the team is Elliot, Solley, Bessone, Llera, Dailly, Semedo, Parret, Racon, Eccleston, BWP , Anyinsah - I think we might win this - the team looks like it can ask questions and has some quality and creativity. When a team is slipping a bit like Bournemouth are things can happen for you but you have to put yourself in a position to capitalise.

Any team with Anyinsah in it will have a chance but a starting eleven like: Elliot, Solley, Bessone, Llera, Dailly, Semedo, Parret, Racon, Wagstaff, BWP , Nouble - looks like it wont create enough so we would rely on our defence- probably too much and suffer a narrow defeat. I can't predict the score because I don't know how Powell is going to go and the margins are narrow which is shown by the similarities between what I think would be a succesful team and an unsuccesful one.

At least it looks unlikely we will be starting with McCormack
  • Options
    Once again, no idea how this one could go
  • Options
    One draw and everyone gets all optimistic.

They are better than us (especially when the game is at their place) and we are still an average / poor league 1 side.

Would be happy with a draw, but think we will lose 2-0 (prays to be proved wrong).
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I went there to the pre-season game a couple of years back (1-1 draw) when Bailey probably could have been sent off! Nice ground in the sunshine. Yet another one where we should get at least a draw if we start with the same team as the Southampton game - except maybe start with Anyinsah and possible give Michael Stewart a run out at least as a sub. Really don't think we'll lose, worst case another draw but I feel we could win it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-2
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]they're a pub side on a slide we are a pub side who have already slided

Slid is the past tense of slide ; - )

Easy win. We beat them with 10 men at the Valley when they had Howe and Pitman.

Anything less than that is unacceptable.

: - )
  • Options
    "Easy win"? Bless...

Yup we've already slidded, but have we slidden as far as we could go?

Bournemouth to give us a reminder that one draw does not a summer make.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Wheresmeticket?[/cite]"Easy win"? Bless...

Did you miss the " : - ) " at the end

: - )
  • Options
    "Anything less than that is unacceptable"

Does that mean you tell the refere he can't validate the score if they win?
    Or maybe we complain to the FA!

;-)
  • Options
    I slide
    He slides
    We slidded down to 13th

Key match this one. Draw or win means more confidence, so needs to be fought for again.

Even an unlucky defeat where we play well puts us back in the doom and gloom room.

1-1.
  • Options
    as long as McCormack is nowhere near the squad then I'm happy. 2-1 win.
  • Options
    Easily swayed, I'm back to predicting a Charlton win. As has been said, Bournemouth are not on a good run at the minute, so maybe the newfound confidence in our team will see us storm through to a long-awaited win.
  • Options
    Taking my two sons so looking forward to the day as i missed Tuesday, feeling a little more confident.....Charlton win. 2-1
  • Options
    I'll be there - Bounemouth a nice place to visit at anytime. Understand the weather will be good there for the weekend with the temperatures holding up compared to most of the country.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looking forward to Saturday now.

First game for a while, glorious spring weekend by the seaside and hopefully a decent performance to build on Tuesday's improvement.

1-2 (Ayinsah, Wagstaff)
  • Options
    We are due a win and Bournemouth are on a bit of a slide...
  • Options
    Another 1-1 for me.

I think we will draw all our remaining games.
  • Options
    Another day out at the seaside. Hopefully it won't rain. My Bournemouth supporting work colleague reckons we'll win, I'm not quite convinced by his gamesmanship. What's he's telling me is that there is unrest in the Bournemouth camp over broken bonus promises. Their latest promising player is supposedly off to Watford today and if we've got a half decent right-sided midfielder who can get in crosses, our forwards could have a field day. Let's hope Powelly doesn't pick McOxo in that position, then.
  • Options
    2-1 to the mighty Addicks

Elliot and Bessone to score. ;-)
  • Options
    4-4 thriller, Parrett (FK), Llera, Solly and bwp for us.
    Wonder how much money I'd get if I put a quid on all that.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Apparently the journo on the Bournemouth Echo who did that ludicrous viral blog about what Eddie Howe had for breakfast, lunch and dinner when we were trying to appoint him as Charlton manager does a live blog on every game.

He was so fantastic last time that I really don't think we will need a CL match thread on Saturday . . .

It will all be happening here:

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/liveblogs/scribble/

They've even got a clock on there counting down the hours, minutes and seconds to kick-off.

Now why can't the News Hopper do that?
  • Options
    Have a feeling we may nick something.

Staggered by our away numbers, more than Dagenham! I suppose Bournemouth is nicer, sounds like it might be a Newcastle/Blackpool/Southend away type support which is good if we are winning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Although we did well against the saints, I personally see us losing this one. Bournemouth are a good team and will be looking to punish any silly mistakes we may make. If we could get a draw out of this, I woould be very happy.

Unfortunately this but with a lot of positives unlike D & R
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DartfordAddick[/cite]4-4 thriller, Parrett (FK), Llera, Solly and bwp for us.
    Wonder how much money I'd get if I put a quid on all that.

-£1