Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CL Shirt Sponsorship - Dinner 5th May **CAN YOU COME TO THE DINNER? RESPONSE NEEDED**

Comments

• Options
    Just got in. Cracking night. Two hour journey has really sobered me up. Full dispatches tomorrow.

Little sneak preview.................Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayer running up to Solly squealing.......hello Chris, remember me from last year, I love you
  • Options
    also Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayer saying to an un-named player....I saw you in the swimming pool the other day(whilst dribbling with a strange look on his face) 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    any info from those who went last night?
  • Options

All this hate because of the love I have for you sister! Unbelivable!

I think you'll find Chris came up to me.

• Options
    i only noticed the bit where he was rubbing solly's leg and telling him how much he loved him....
  • Options
    Thanks people, I really enjoyed it. Dailly shows no signs of retiring - "as long as I can run fast I'll keep going" - and Ben "Davo" Davisson is a top guy. Worner, Tuna, Perkins, and Miguel I believe are all basically confirmed to be leaving (Worner to Aldershot) on frees... Fede Bessone and Jose are really lovely people as well. Jackson is back in training, Racon doesn't know whether he's staying but he told me he likes life in London, Semedo wants to stay, BWP will be here next season I think I heard. Not many casualities, then again McCormack pulled out of the dinner, so I don't know whether he'd be staying.
  • Options
    Ben Davisson aka Joey Essex
  • Options
    I wondered why he had moved on to Solly's table.  Did you take someone's seat Plaaayer?

It was very enjoyable evening.  Alan Mac didnt make it due to a mix up at the training ground listed times of arrival, his name wasnt on the sheet.  According to Benson.  Bit of a cock up.  But he was ably replaced by Simon Francis.  I had a really good time they were both chatty and good company on the table.

I think i might of got myself a photo with each player.  I certainly put myself about.

Good lord Miguel Llera is one handsome bastard.

• Options
    He didnt pull out Paddy.  He assumed his sponsors didnt want to go to the dinner with him as his name wasnt listed.
  • Options

Oh leave off! I was walking back from the toilet and he called me, he's a nice fella and a credit to the club to be honest.

I wasn't taking anyones seat as everyone was milling about getting stuff signed and talking to other players. Wait till the photos come out, then we will see who was touching who!

Said some quite intresting stuff actually with regards the new chairman, etc.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes, it was a great evening, go to meet some others was here, NE and BWP were great people to be with on the table, as for Miguel,, well he had already been voted as the player with the worst dress sense by a couple of players and going on last nite we could see why... certainly CWLC seemed to have a word with him about his shirt :-) NE doesnt seem to know if he is being loaned out, sold or staying at liverpool next season but said he is now settled at CAFC and would have no problem coming back, should that be his option....
  • Options
    and well done again to Curb_it for organising it all for us
  • Options
    oooo someone's tired!

Right now i've got to go back to my list and see where i have to dish these shirts out to.

• Options
    Meh!
  • Options
    I was trying my best to get the club to go on a pre-season jolly-up to Ireland again but Powelly said it's more likely to be Spain and Portugal...Get in
  • Options
    Breaking news from last night........ Ecclestons favourite nandos meal is half chicken, large chips and pepper dip.
    He also turned down palace to come to us
  • Options
    Also, a Drunk old man thought that plaaaaaaaayer was indeed a player
  • Options
    Now that was very funny. 

Er but rather impolite choice of words there daniel.

• Options
    Great night.  Knew I was on the table with Johnnie Jackson, but a wonderful bonus when gorgeous Big Mig sat next to me.  He confirmed he will be leaving, but reluctantly.  He is very settled in London, with three and a half year old son in school here.  Would like to stay in the area - so imagine he could be off to Orient or D&G or Barnet or somewhere.  I thought his shirt was lovely - though apparently he wore the same one last year! 

JJ was very nice and chatty too.  Asked him about his TV appearance, and ribbed him for being too nice about Millwall - he apologised that he wasn't expecting a question.  They had just shown the article about the American and the fan, and he said he knew nothing about it, so was a bit thrown when asked what he thought, so just tried to be polite!  Lots of chat with him re his time at Notts County with the conman and Sven - had a lot of time for Sven, though said he didn't really get involved in training at all- just watched.

All the players seemed relaxed, and there was a good spirit.  Spoke a bit with Joe Anyinsah (once I persuaded Mr Weegie he wasn't Thierry Racon!) - his injury problem has beeen his ankle (chipped bone or something quite nasty), but he has kept trying to play through the pain.  Hopes to be fully fit for next season. 

SCP and Alex Dyer were the last to leave.  Chrissy admitted it had been tough, but that we'll get there...

Good fun to catch up with fellow CLers too, and looking forward to Blackheath's pics.

• Options
    Im not Weegie i think i might be in most of them....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a great night. Well done again to Curb-it again for doing the work and well done to everyone who chipped in some cash.  Gonna break that £2k barrier next season.

Already seen one great pic of a couple of lifers with Mr Dailly.

Weegie, you must have been on the table with Mark and Myles from Bromley Addicks.

• Options
    Ha ha, Curb_It - you should be more shy and reticent like me! (Or perhaps I was just so enthralled by Big Mig that I didn't bother chasing after the others!) Especially looking forward to the ones of you and Chrissy!! 

Henry - those aren't the names of other people on the table, so not sure what happened there...
  • Options

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

A really good night. Players were amazing up beat considering lots of them do not know their futures.

We had Freddy Besonne, Ross Worner and Alex Dyer on our table.

Ross says he is going and although upset about it he reckons that in truth he got more games than he expected and felt he did not let anyone down. He reckons that Rob is the best keeper in Div 1.

Freddy (what a lovely bloke) would like to stay if something could be done with Leeds. Told us about when he was with <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Barcelona, very interesting..

Alex Dyer very upbeat for next season.

Said that SCP although was really nice bloke was not so nice in the dressing room!!

I asked him about when players would be told about their contracts and he said that they should all know by Tuesday so just in time for SCP to spill the beans  at the Bromley Addicks Meeting.

Lookng forward to seeing Greg's ( Blackheath Addick) photos.

• Options
    I had mark and myles on my table with eccleston and Phillips
  • Options
    @weegie Addick   Must have been either Ian and Joanne or  David and Tony (WWTone) then from Bromley Addicks then.
  • Options
    Cheers Love child.
  • Options
    Great night and good company on the table, nice to meet you curb_it and swerve and thanks once again for organising.
    Shame Al Mc could not make it (for what ever reason) rumour has it he was sitting on the bench.
    Still we had a good sub in Francis !!
    Benno was a top bloke as well, who was also on our table. 
  • Options
    He might have regretted writing about his left foot that very day!
  • Options

Thanks for organising B. Enjoyed myself again. I'll get to the photos asap. Hopefully sometime this weekend and they're all in black and white as promised.

A couple of things I remember from last night

Dailly said he has been told he's wanted but is yet to know what he's being offered. He also said he doesnt have an agent, never has, but says that clubs prefer to deal with agents because part of their bartering is to show the players weaknesses which is tougher to their face. He also thinks the refereeing at this level is shocking.

He was also talking about how in his time at Derby they had to reach certain fitness levels. That included the keepers. He said none of the current squad would be fit enough to pass those tests.

According to Ben Davisson , Carl Jenkinson didnt come because the club didnt want him getting any stick. Bed incidentally is from Sidcup from supports Man Utd who he told me are a proper club. Cheeky boy. Says he has been offered 1 year and hopes to break into the first team next season.

Jon Fortune was a thoroughly miserable chap who looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, but all the other players were very polite. Miguel was telling us he had a lot of pink shirts but not one like Plaaaayers.

Wright Phillips said he wears his jeans below his bum because it lets the ladies know what he has to offer! Make of that what you will.

A lot of these guys were thoroughly decent chaps, and no footballer arrogance there. Good to see the lifer's I had met before and the new one's I hadnt met.

As I said photos to follow!

• Options
    A most enjoyable evening, with Johnnie J and Miguel excellent company along with Weegee & Mr Weegee and the lady and gent from BromleyAddicks.  Nice touch, too, by CAFC giving each sponsor a club football for signatures, and all the players a marker-pen to sign with! It's handy that they all include their squad number in their signatures :=)

Johnnie J commented that training was more 'structured' under Parky, but now they are given more freedom to enjoy training. He hopes to be on the bench tomorrow.