Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ENGLAND

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
Just caught sight of Terry, Lampard & Rooney's ugly mugs in the morning rag and my first instinctive, gut reaction was revulsion! Anyone else couldn't give a flying fig about the England football team?! These people have become an embarrassment. I've cried tears over England in the past but these total pratts inspire nothing but negative feelings.
This will be an unpopular perspective on here but there's something
refreshing about Division 3 football, something untainted by wealthy
foreigners and money grabbing agents. Rose tinted I know and yes the footie can be shite but there's an 'honesty' to teams like Rochdale and Brentford. Can't quite put my finger on it and this is all instinct not a considered viewpoint but I'm glad my attention will be on a south coast town today, plays offs or no play offs!

Comments

• Options
    I admit I do find it impossible getting exited these days about England matches. Not always been like that and I put it down to the fact that there are just too many individuals in the England team that I just don't like and find it hard supporting them. Defoe, Terry, Rooney, Ferdinand are my problem. I personally will be glad when they are out of the picture.
  • Options
    Fair shout
  • Options
    Got to agree i have no interest in the national team at this moment in time. I dont even bother watching them anymore. I like to hear people like wiltshire are coming through and i'll read how he does, but the rest just bores me.
  • Options
    Remember so clearly how gutted I felt 90 / 98. Felt nothing like it this year going out WC.
  • Options
    Terry, Cole, Ferdinand, Johnson, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Defoe, Crouch are all players I don't like at all, so what is the point in me watching a game where most, if not all, of them will be involved?
  • Options
    This "England" you talk of.....In which Division are they in ?
  • Options
    Have no interest whatsoever in the England Football team and have not since these charmless arrogant tw*ts let us down so badly at the World Cup ... will not be watchng this game.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm interested in England when Cahill, Lennon, Parker and Bent play. Otherwise I find it hard to shake off the dirty feeling when I watch.
  • Options
    Totally agree. Rich idiots. Tempted to say 'Come on Wales!'
  • Options
    I would never say come on another country. I'll be watching the cricket, an English team I am proud to support
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Said this for ages on this site and always accused of being on a wind-up.
  • Options
    Notwithstanding some of the odious characters in the England team, I generally find international football tedious to watch.
    More interested in any competitive Charlton game.
  • Options
    For me Wales for the football and England for the cricket!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bobbin[/cite]Just caught sight of Terry, Lampard & Rooney's ugly mugs in the morning rag and my first instinctive, gut reaction was revulsion! Anyone else couldn't give a flying fig about the England football team?! These people have become an embarrassment. I've cried tears over England in the past but these total pratts inspire nothing but negative feelings.
    This will be an unpopular perspective on here but there's something
    refreshing about Division 3 football, something untainted by wealthy
    foreigners and money grabbing agents. Rose tinted I know and yes the footie can be shite but there's an 'honesty' to teams like Rochdale and Brentford. Can't quite put my finger on it and this is all instinct not a considered viewpoint but I'm glad my attention will be on a south coast town today, plays offs or no play offs!

I support England, mostly because I am English and we have enough detractors without being arses or idealist about ourselves.

Re loyalty; do you think BWP, Doherty or Llera play for Charlton for any reason aside from the fact that we pay them ? This is football's (most sports actually) problem, not just The Premiership's. That's just the way it is and when these planks come together to represent their various countries then they should expect some support.
  • Options
    I'll start watching them again when that Lampard Gerrard midfield is a long distant memory.
  • Options
    Anyone know an internet stream for the Wales game?
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    There will be tons, I'm sure various links will get put up around game time.

If not check myp2p.eu
  • Options
    After the pathetic farce in SA, I am struggling to give a shit. Still, it's Wales, so we need to win otherwise it's just more humilation...

Shame the cricket isn't going our way....that is a team to be proud of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Usually do not give a crap but Bent and Parker are playing so showing a bit more interest today.
  • Options
    Best team and formation he could've picked. No excuses.
  • Options
    Benty scores again
  • Options
    Well done Benty. Are there highlights on terrestrial TV tonight, or is only on Sky?
  • Options
    Anyone else getting a slightly "How is it only 3-25pm" feeling ?
    Thought it was alot later....
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the current players but not that bothered. Will be pleased if we win and happy that Bent has scored.

While I'll watch them in competitions it doesn't really matter to me and it never has.

I'd swap a world cup win for one Charlton league win in a second.

Bet come Euro 2012 the same people who hate these players will be convincing themsleves that they are world class and going to deliver. If they ever played for Charlton they'd be welcomed with open arms (apart from Defoe maybe)
  • Options
    Everytime I see Jack Wilshere I've been impressed, hopefully we don't overhype him and expect too much, but at least there is something there to look forward to in the future.
  • Options
    Thought Scott Parker and Wilshere controlled the game in midfield. Parker was my MOTM. Good goal by Bent as well.
  • Options
    Parker MOTM for me to
  • Options
    So, is that a no then?