Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ENGLAND

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd swap a world cup win for one Charlton league win in a second.

This
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]So, is that a no then?

not on itv1 or bbc1 tonight
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Numbers[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I'd swap a world cup win for one Charlton league win in a second.

This
    Do me a favour.
    As for Parker, An 89th min injury would have been the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    An England World Cup win would electrify the whole country, everyone you met would be delighted for at least a month, where as with a Charlton promotion it's just the Charlton fans you meet that would be overjoyed. That said I wouldn't rather one or the other, I'd like both please.

I'd love to see England win the World Cup & so would any fans of football who live in this country so lets not bollock round the bush about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I wouldn't! all the time terry, gerrard, cole and lampard are in the team. I'd hate to see terry's mug lifting the trophy, greedy f**king shallow tossing wanking insincere numbskull, I could go on.
  • Options
    Charlton Promotion every time over anything to do with England...
  • Options
    I don't like Terry or Cole, but once they pull on the England shirt I love'em. Erosion of love for England's football team is sad
  • Options
    Couldn't win both halves the wankers. 2/1 was stealing money, but nope, they wanted to shut up shop
  • Options
    Parker my MOM too. Emotional interview from him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/9437932.stm
  • Options
    Watched the game. Wilshere was excellent. Scott Parker looked so at home in the role, I thought he was great.

That pr*ck Capello implied that he only picked Parker to do a job against the Welsh. Which begs the question as to whether he will pick him again.

To me he is the player that we have missed for years and he should be playing his fiftieth cap not his fifth.

Capello had the chance to take him to the World Cup. Instead he took players who were burned out and some who were coming back from injury. I have heard from several reliable sources that in the squad of 30 (or whatever it was) Parker was outstanding in all the training games yet Capello didn't even speak to him, let alone have any plans to include him. Frankly the man needs shooting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the old saying about "You can't choose your family"? Same applies to England, not particularly enamoured with a lot of the the players in the side at the moment, but it's what we are lumbered with, and I will always support them.
  • Options
    Lampard gets alot of unjust hate imo.

Can't really recall him being involved in any scandals and when he speaks he does so with alot of sense and seems a genuine guy.

Unlike Cole/Terry/Gerrard/Rooney/Crouch etc
  • Options
    Gareth Barry named as England Captain for tomorrows night game V Ghana.

Gareth Barry? FFS! This is the **** who stood on the half-way line and let Ozil just run away from him to set up Germany's 4th goal.

The bloke is a useless ***T! But now he's Captain of England!!! Might as well make Don Revie the next manager......
  • Options
    Agree about Parker - Better than Barry every day - whether I like the traitor or not. Nice to see Bent score - A Charlton hero who we still love - he is for me the best English goal scorer and it took far too long to establish himself. Would like to see some fresh faces in the Euros rather than the usual golden boys who have always let us down.
  • Options
    Barry is too slow for International and Premiership football, when you next see him note the number of times the opposition midfield get a chance due to him being 5 yards off the pace. He can pick a pass but thats about it,I'd have Parker over him any day of the week. I would also (controversially) drop Rooney to the bench, I don't think he has an impact on the international stage over people like Defoe and Walcott. If Young starts to put in consistent performances on the left too then I can't see where Rooney would fit in, he drops off and ball chases too much, and leaves the other striker isolated. That's all very well when you have Nani and Valencia etc. drifting around the pitch to fill any spaces, but when it's in a team that an Italian has put together, with 2 rows of 4 behind the ball quite often, it just doesn't work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Can't really recall him being involved in any scandals and when he speaks he does so with alot of sense and seems a genuine guy.

Seem to remember he was one of the players involved in a drinking bender and abusing American's the day after the Twin Towers attacks and didn't he also have a sex scandal thing too? Both way back of course but not exactly as squeeky clean as his some think.

I agree re:Barry's appointment being a bad joke, unless the game's also used to annouce his retirement from international. And I speak as someone whose always liked him as a player but the injuries and age have not been kind to him.