Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit where it's due?

2»

Comments

• Options
    "wetting myself" I am - apparently.

Any time, mug.
  • Options
    When whispers go wrong #1232123456
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"wetting myself" I am - apparently.

Any time, mug.[/quote]

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
  • Options
    Worried that CP has done nothing about deep defending. On Saturday rerun there was a ball launched in from near halfway. A simple job just to step up but we Didn't. We rarely catch anyone offside. Just getting in fresh players is not going to turn us around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]12th is par for the course
    It's not you know.
  • Options
    Anyone who feels that you can label someone as ' a rubbish manager ' after a couple of months, is merely revealing their own intellect. Take a look at Alex Fergusons early days at Man Utd, that will tell you all you need to know. I am also wondering what is so significant about November ?
  • Options
    Don't worry about the defending or the 2 points in 30 and all that. The facts are that Powell is a master of expectation management. I now expect absolutely nothing from any game we play and a draw against Orient will see me going home a satisfied man. I wish him well and am doing my best to believe the going backwards to go forwards bit but bloody hell...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]I am also wondering what is so significant about November ?

i think by the end of november presuming powell has been giving decent backing from the money men he will have had 20 ish games with 'his' team and i reckon if there are no reasonable signs of improvement for what you'd expect us to be doing ,relative towards the investment the team have received, then if a change has to be made it will give the new encumbent a chance to look at the squad and work out what needs to be done in the january window

obviously all a worse case scenario
  • Options
    Let's be clear. At the end of this game there was applause because there was a real fighting spirit in the team on Saturday. For that we deserved the draw. This was totally different from the rollover at daggers the week before. For me if the team fight they get appluded and cheered! Simple!
    That is now 2 draws against two teams in play off positions at a time our players are understandably lacking in confidence. Fingers croseed this is a turning point
  • Options
    Well said redman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    There were some positives on Saturday - We we doing ok up to when we scored - when we were behind we got back into it. We have a good keeper, we have a goalscorer. We don't seem to need too many chances to score a goal (thank god). We have a solid holding midfielder in Semedo although he has been a bit off of late, We do have pace and power options up front. Now for the bad - defending deep is suicidal for us as we just are too pannicky and jittery and will always concede. We don't really seem able to take the game by the scruff of the neck and assert ourselves onto the opposition. Bournemouth certainly did that to us in spells on Saturday and a team as limited as Dagenham did it a week or so ago.

We give the ball away sloppily at times and don't support each other by working hard to give simple option balls. We rarely attack with numbers or have enough players who are willing to have a punt and get into the box. Our shooting from outside the box is generally terrible, our crossing is beyond terrible and the first touch of certain players can be awful. We have little pace at the back and can turn straightfoward situations into panic seemingly by the sheer terror of certain players having the ball at their feet.

So lots to do - confidence definitely a factor but also a lack of qulaity in certain areas. Despite getting the goal I think we are weaker playing a wide man in Waggy, who doesnt beat people - it can be like playing with a man less despite Waggy's excellent work rate. Surely better to get width from the full backs and strikers who can all go wide at times. Then use the wide players as an option against tiring defenders when they are more effective if we need to chase the game. Surely 4-3-3 is the way to go for this team but we do need to see more movement from them. A midfield of Semedo, Parrett and Racon and a front three of Eccleston, Anyinsah and BWP ought to be above this level. It really should- maybe if we gave them a run we would start to see something evolve.

You can understand that after a confidence sapping run of defeats that we needed to stop losing but we are at a point where we need to push on as if we play like we did on Saturday tonight, we are much more likely to lose than to win. Then we could be back to square one.