Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bournmouth 2 - 2 Charlton - Post match views

edited March 2011 in General Charlton
All post match views here

Comments

• Options
    We were sh*t.
    We were lucky.
    Chris Powell is rubbish.
    My old man's a mushroom.
    I know everything.

Thank you.
  • Options
      Dazzler21 2 days ago  edit quote# 12
    2-2
  • Options
    On paper a decent point.

Unfortunately it sounded like we got run ragged in the 2nd half.

Fletcher going off was a big moment. We were clearly struggling against him.

If there is one goal in it and BWP is on the pitch you always have a chance.
  • Options
    Losing points against Bournemouth can never = a decent point
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sounded like Rob Elliot had a brilliant game, which is good for him as he needed it, but that means on another day we would have been thrashed :-(

Only listened but apart from our goals I don't know if we really made their keeper make a save and the last few minutes they hit the bar.

At least we're on 50 points and safe baring a calamatious run, but unfortunatley I can see the poor performances continuing for a while yet. If we only manage a couple of wins before the end of the season CP will have a really poor record ahead of him spending money in the summer.

At the moment it's looking more Les Reed than the next Curbs.

A few more winless games and the pressure will be really on him
  • Options
    Under the cosh - and still we equalised. Good point away from home. Whatever!
  • Options
    The pressure should already be on him, no wins in nine games in this league is very poor even the bottom teams win at least one in that many games
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Sounded like Rob Elliot had a brilliant game, which is good for him as he needed it, but that means on another day we would have been thrashed :-(

Only listened but apart from our goals I don't know if we really made their keeper make a save and the last few minutes they hit the bar.

At least we're on 50 points and safe baring a calamatious run, but unfortunatley I can see the poor performances continuing for a while yet. If we only manage a couple of wins before the end of the season CP will have a really poor record ahead of him spending money in the summer.

At the moment it's looking more Les Reed than the next Curbs.

A few more winless games and the pressure will be really on him[/quote]

Elliots 100th appearance today, so well done to him.

Rochdale mid week should be tough, but surely we will beat Orient next saturday, their good run is a memory as they lose 4-0 at home to Yeovil.
  • Options
    The day I pull myself off when we've just picked up our 3rd point in 10 games in this joke of all leagues hasn't arrived just yet .....

Bradley wright philips is the only player I'd be disappointed to lose this summer , the rest of em I'm not too fussed about

Robbie gained us that point according to some reports and it would be great if he could push on from this but we've been here before .....

We have to win 8 out of last 9 to have a slim chance of play offs or lose 8 out of last 9 to have a slim chance of relegation , neither will happen , so its hopefully gonna be 3rd time lucky as we equal our worse ever spell in our history since our first promotion
  • Options
    edited March 2011
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Deary me, we were poor again. Make no bones about it, Bournemouth are a decent side but we made them look much better. We were second best all over the park and very lucky to equalise as we'd been under the cosh and riding our luck for most of the second half in particular, you just couldn't see us getting back into it. Complete madness going on in the last few minutes, bodies flying in, goal line clearances and last ditch tackles but without 4/5 top saves from Elliot we'd still have lost which, frankly, we deserved. Why can't we defend like our lives depend on it from the start???

Defo one of those games you come away from with a draw feeling like a win. I'll keep an eye out for our midfield too as they must have headed for the beach instead of Dean Court this afternoon. Lost count of the amount of times we gave away cheap possession. Got a text at half time from a pal behind the goal who said that there was a possible hand ball for our goal but also that BWC had a chance that looked like the keeper caught it behind the line so maybe equalled out.

On the positive side, at least we kept going.
  • Options
    surely we should beat leyton orient because they lost 4-0? ↲↲
    like we should have beaten daggers because they have never beaten us ever? or brentford because they haven't beaten us at the valley in a stupidly long time?
  • Options
    Orient lost 5-1
  • Options
    Fairly even first half.
    A pity we couldn't have held our lead a little longer, it might have shaken their belief a little.
    But no, another poor goal defensively; although Robbie managed to pull out a great parry onto the bar, it fell for to their guy for an easy finish.
    Second half we struggled; they were more purposeful going forward with crisper passing and in Fletcher they had a real target man to aim at.
    They had a number of good opportunities which they contrived to fluff; whereas we were not keeping the ball on the deck enough and were giving it away too cheaply.
    Their second goal had been coming, but still benefited from a wicked deflection.
    Bournemouth should then have gone on to win comfortably; they had several opportunities but were thwarted by bad luck and an inspired Rob Elliott.
    Then on one of our rare forays; a melee just inside the box, BWP finds a yard and drives home.
    Anyinsah and Eccleston came on and there was a late cameo for Doherty up front as target man, but we didn't look like getting a winner.
    A good if somewhat fortuitous point
  • Options
    Can't comment on the game as only listened on the radio but sounded like we were lucky to hold onto the point after the madness of the 7 mins added time the ref played

By the way didn't orient lose 5-1
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    won 4 drew 3 Lost 7

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Its 2 games without a loss so although we may not have turned the corner, we are certainly going round the bend.
  • Options
    Yes and a few of us with it as well
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Its 2 games without a loss so although we may not have turned the corner, we are certainly going round the bend.[/quote]

Lets hope its not a U bend!!!!
  • Options
    i agree totally uncle!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game for me since Swindon (Spurs doesn't count) so was keen to see how we looked.
    First half we were the better side slightly. Scored a good goal then dome school boy defending gifted them an equaliser despite Elliot's best efforts.
    After the break they bossed things, deserved to be ahead but BWP showed his ability in front of goal - a superb retort to the idiot alongfrom me who had singled him out for abuse.
    Elliot then made 3-4 top saves in the last 5 mins and Racon headed one off the line. How they didn't score I do not know!!

Bassone looked awful - long time since I have seen a player as bad as him.
    Perrett did very little. Racon looked decent and could have offered a threat if we had got him more of the ball.
    Defence as a unit was awful. Llera made 2 shocking errors that both could have led to goals.
    Wagstaff tried hard and did okay.
    Nouble set up the goal but was poor otherwise. BWP is a goal scorer pure and simple and did what he's paid to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]
    Perrett did very little.

The lad has ability but we didn't make enough use of it today.
    Too often we were passing around in our own half, then back it went to Robbie and hoooof!!!!.
    He's young and it's only his second game; when he's on the ball he looks one of our better players.

He made one excellent break on the counter today, bursting through the middle only to find no other Charlton player had made the effort to give him an option.
    I was livid with Wright-Phillips, who was level with him went he broke free just inside their half, but just ambled forward until he was 10 yards behind the ball. You'd have thought he would have been busting a lung to get in the box
  • Options
    I'm sitting here wearing a FEZ, pissed, practicing my mixing for a May Ball I have to DJ.

I'll wear my old ALL SPORTS shirt. I always do.

My post match comments are thus: 'STEADIED THE SHIP'. Thank GOD - we picked up two hard points this week where we should have been expected to lose. This is good, OKAY - so, go softly on and thank God you're an ADDICK, Knights Templar and so it goes. I know we'll come good.

I have to say something sensible, I know that. Okay - well I thought we played well the last two games. I think that being a Charlton fan makes life difficult but it's worth it.

England were good tonight - thanks too Scotty Parker and BENTY!! Oi OY!!

Up the ADDICKS and UP ENGLAND!
  • Options
    I have to say I was shocked when they took the two best players off with more than 10 mins to go.

I believe if they had not, we'd have lost today.

Robbie was outstanding in the last few minutes today.

We are still sh*t tho!
  • Options
    Oh dear where do I start Elliot at fault for first goal but saved us in injury time. We were under an unbelievable barage in the last five minutes how we got a point I will never know. Bradley wright Phillips one chance one goal again. It's a point so pretty pleased.
  • Options
    I must have been at a different game a I thought we played pretty well (welll, certainly better than at MK Dons & Dag & Red.) - we started brightly with Semedo having a shot after just 2 mins and looked the better side until we scored. Obvisously we are not used to being ahead in games as so then reverted to type and proceeded to give them an equalizer.

The 2nd half was all one way traffic - unfortunately for us is was the wrong way. On another day we could have lost by 3 or 4, but with a bit of luck, a sh*t ref and some excellent saves by Robbie meant we were still in the game - and then up popped BWP !!

2 games against the top sides and 2 draws.......not bad going given the previous months results.
  • Options
    The last two games do at least indicate that Powell has been able to stem the blood that was flowing from our numerous wounds but obviously 0 wins from 10 games is still a poor return.

Still, points against two teams in the Play Offs is a decent return and we now need to finish the season as strongly as possible to give ourselves a platform for next season.

I am still angry at the way we fecked our season by sacking Parkinson at the time we did but there is no serious choice but to allow Powell to build his side over the summer and start again next season.

The last thing we need is yet another new manager.
  • Options
    That's how I saw it, Golfie.

Still a lot of work to do but the last 2 games have definitely shown the players in a better light on the whole. Of course errors are made - the team hasn't been settled for weeks - but I feel SCP now knows his best starting line up and will persist with the 11 as far as possible.

It's been said many times on here but it's such a pity that Anyinsah can't stay 100% fit - I'd much rather see him paired with BWP up front although the latter continues to frustrate the hell out of me ...apart from when he's scoring.

A point minimum on Tuesday night and then 3 next Saturday would pacify the faithful to some extent & hopefully lead to a decent end to the season.

And sell a few more season tickets to boot.